Later round TE

Damian

James Hanna is a TE from Ok that scored the fastest 40 & 60 yd shuttle for TE's and was in the top 4 for every other combine drill.

The reviews on him are that he is an excellent receiver that can catch anything thrown in his vicinity, but has trouble getting off the line if he is aggressively attacked. To me, catching is a more instinctive ability, where techniques for getting by someone at the line can be taught.

I'm hoping he could be a late-round steal in the mold of Gronk.

James Hanna is a TE from Ok that scored the fastest 40 & 60 yd shuttle for TE's and was in the top 4 for every other combine drill.

The reviews on him are that he is an excellent receiver that can catch anything thrown in his vicinity, but has trouble getting off the line if he is aggressively attacked. To me, catching is a more instinctive ability, where techniques for getting by someone at the line can be taught.

I'm hoping he could be a late-round steal in the mold of Gronk.

I'm going with Egnew in the mold of Aaron Hernandez, I think Chandler could Fill the Gronk role if Chan only would.

Ok serious question; How do you wright under your avatar? I can't figure it out as I'm not savvy with the comp, it only took me a year to get my signature up.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I'm going with Egnew in the mold of Aaron Hernandez, I think Chandler could Fill the Gronk role if Chan only would.

Ok serious question; How do you wright under your avatar? I can't figure it out as I'm not savvy with the comp, it only took me a year to get my signature up.

Click your name in the upper right corner and pick "My Settings", then click the "Profile" tab, look at "Profile Information", you type what you want under "Member Title"

chandler could fill the gronk role??? like...do you mean....being white and big? b/c thats about the only thing those two have in common

It's true we dont use tightends as much some teams. Or a power formation. I hope to see some two back sets and more use of the tight ends playing tight to the tackle. We are pretty good at the spread formations but we were found out last year when the Jets starting playing press coverage and learned it worked very well. Then almost all defenses used it against us. We did not have much else to offer in the playbook it seemed. If Chan is a smart man, and i think he might well be, he will expand the playbook and use his strengths. Two Very good backs and an offensive line that has enough experience with Gailey's system, and each other, will be taking a significant step up. So again if Chan is smart he will bulk up on some more young Tight ends to challenge both Smith and

( Chandler?!). There are some in the draft that look mighty worthwhile as you folks have pointed out. I dont know if 4a is too soon because of defensive needs, but if you guys like him then i'm on board :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12