We Drafted A CB Who Ran Slow In Borrowed Shoes

As I recall, we once drafted a CB who ran a slow 40 at the combine because he forgot his shoes and had to borrow somebody else's that were too big. He turned out OK for us until he tore up a knee.

So maybe we should draft RB Vick Ballard from Miss. State. When we drafted Thurman, he had a chip on his shoulder and used it as motivation all the way to the Hall of Fame.

My guess is that Ballard will have something to prove:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/vick-ballard-falls-nfl-combine-40-yard-dash_n_1304672.html

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

As I recall, we once drafted a CB who ran a slow 40 at the combine because he forgot his shoes and had to borrow somebody else's that were too big. He turned out OK for us until he tore up a knee.

why would you type all that and never mention the players name?

Edited by Max997

why would you type all that and never mention the players name?

Couldn't remember for sure who it was - - might have been CB Kevin Thomas, taken in round 6 (176th overall) out of UNLV in 2002.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6063

It's been a while, so I might have the wrong guy. Maybe somebody else can confirm?

I think it was Kevin Thomas. He ran a 4.64 40, which was pretty slow for a CB even in 2002. As I recall, he later explained the slow time by saying he forgot to bring his shoes to the combine and ran in a borrowed pair that were too big for him. Don't know if it's true, but that was his story.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Kevin&l=Thomas&i=5916

He never played a great deal, but was a decent and improving reserve IMO until he got hurt.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Dude got stuffed by a camera tripod. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. I'd hate to be a camera tripod lining up against him.

The "dude" is named VICK, so he's gotta be pretty quick when he stays upright. Even if not, we could use him to build Kelsay's confidence in practice. If a camera tripod can cover him, Kelsay's got a shot.

That is some insightfull scouting there. And I think the bills might actually agree. I mean, this is the team that drafted a corner named corner. Scouting 101, look at the name of the player. There are clues in all their names

Well, some people think we might draft Whitney Mercilus. I'd feel better about him if he spelled it right, but maybe after the draft we could get him to change it to Whitney "Bradysmybitch." Makes more sense than a change to "Ochocinco."

While he's at it, he oughta change "Whitney" to Joe. Nobody's gonna be scared of a DE with the same first name as a dead diva.

Just my 2 lira.

Can you imagine if he ever becomes a star and the media is constantly shoving cameras in his face?

It could get ugly.

While he's at it, he oughta change "Whitney" to Joe. Nobody's gonna be scared of a DE with the same first name as a dead diva.

Post-tripod stress disorder is treatable these days.

You guys are all horrible people