Martin Vs Adams

Looks like Nix likes Mike Adams and Johnathon Martin over Reiff, and probably the Ends too.

"The top left tackle, Southern Cal's Matt Kalil, is expected to be a top-five pick. Iowa's Riley Reiff has a slight chance to last to No. 10. After him, Stanford's Jonathan Martin and Ohio State's Mike Adams, are considered potential top-15 picks.

Nix on Reiff: "He's very athletic. He's not a power guy, but he can anchor when he has good technique."

Nix on Martin: "Good player, a very good player."

http://www.buffalone...e?twobillsdrive

The more I listen to Nix who basically tells you every year what he is going to do in the draft I think that Martin is likely our pick unless he rises above Reif and goes before #10. I also think there is a slight outside chance that we go with the ND WR Floyd. He has all the measureables and was quite productive.

Edited by PDaDdy

The more I listen to Nix who basically tells you every year what he is going to do in the draft I think that Martin is likely our pick unless he rises above Reif and goes before #10. I also think there is a slight outside chance that we go with the ND WR Floyd. He has all the measureables and was quite productive.

I'm on the same page.

Nix is pretty transparent and it looks like one of the OTs (Martin or Adams) and an outside chance of Floyd will be the pick.

If it wasn't one of those 3 players I'd be extremely surprised.

Floyd is going to rise as we get closer to the draft. As long as teams are confident with his character issues. In March 2 2011 Julio Jones was considered a "Top 25" pick, when I was banging the gong that he might be better than AJ Green.

When people start to comprehend that Michael Floyd out Combined AJ Green and look at his tape. He is going to catch up with the Much Smaller than antiquated Blackmon.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Do people really want to get the 3rd best LT prospect with a top 10? I could live with it if the FO really loves the player, but there is nothing worse in life than settling (women, job, JP Losman). LT is the most overrated position in the NFL.

I agree that taking the 3rd best LT prospect at 10 seems like a really big reach.

I don't believe a word Nix says to the media. I don't think he's telling us anything of value, and that's alright. I wouldn't either. You lose your leverage to negotiate and flexibility to change your mind.

I agree that taking the 3rd best LT prospect at 10 seems like a really big reach.

I don't believe a word Nix says to the media. I don't think he's telling us anything of value, and that's alright. I wouldn't either. You lose your leverage to negotiate and flexibility to change your mind.

You must not be familiar with Nix.

When specifically has he not been transparent with the media?

Niix"I want a waterbug"

draft they draft a water bug, CJ Spiller

Nix "I don't like the DEs in this draft and I won't trade up to get RGIII. I like some of these Tackles"

draft: TBD

Do people really want to get the 3rd best LT prospect with a top 10? I could live with it if the FO really loves the player, but there is nothing worse in life than settling (women, job, JP Losman). LT is the most overrated position in the NFL.

If the 3rd best OT is rated better than any of the other players then, Yes I want to get him.

If the 3rd best OT is rated better than any of the other players then, Yes I want to get him.

Yes that is the key.

Not to mention part of Mike Adams being the "3rd best OT" is that he was caught up in the Tattoo scandal at Ohio State.

A bigger concern imo is Mike Adama had a pretty poor showing in the bench press. Which imo makes me concerned that he is lazy. For the last 5 years he knew what he was going to have to do at the combine.

A bench press can easily be improved upon if you "Just Do it" If he were in the gym benching a few times a week. A man of that size should be able to blow away 19 reps. Something just doesn't add imo there.

I think without the character issues he may not be the 3rd best OT but it just so happens there are 4 good OTs all worthy of a top pick in this draft and FOR A CHANGE the Bills are in the position to get one.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If I remember correctly Bell did 225 like 8 times....I wonder what he does now?

Let's just hope it isn't Adams. I'd rather use Bell and Save the pick. Adams is inconsistent and injury prone according to http://www.rotoworld...2-the-overrated

Bell is average at best and injury prone. At some point within the next few years its evident that we are going to have to start developing a QB, having a solid reliable LT in place at that time is a smart move, Haven't we seen enough of trying to develop young QBs behind bad offensive lines? JP had bad pocket awareness but how can he improve on that when there is hardly ever a pocket, Trent had some good games until he started collecting concussions.... Adrian Wilson with the exclamation point.

Tackle is an option for Bills

Stanford's Martin could help Fitz with blitz

"Jonathan Martin, to me, is the prototypical left tackle," said Mike Mayock, NFL Network draft analyst. "Gifted athletically, needs to get a little bit stronger. A lot of things I said about Kalil, you could say about him. Needs to get a little bit stronger but will protect the quarterback."

Martin resisted a strong recruiting pitch from Harvard, Fitzpatrick's alma mater. Both of Martin's parents are Harvard graduates, and it's believed he would have been the university's first fourth-generation African-American student. Martin's great grandfather on his mother's side graduated from Harvard in 1924 and knew W.E.B. DuBois, the famed sociologist, historian and civil rights activist (and a Harvard man, as well.)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article746147.ece?twobillsdrive

i happen to think that Martin will be the pick at #10.

Quality person + quality player (at position of need) = safe pick

I like the idea of not having to worry about LT for the next 10 years, and if the guys there and Nix feels that strongly, then im OK with drafting tackle at that spot...my main concern is it HAS to be a cant miss prospect (as much as you can have one in the draft) much like Dareus was safe and "cant miss" last year...

there will be can't miss talent available at #10

don't hold your breathe that the Bills have a clue who will be a stud or a dud in the NFL

I don't think that you should look at it as "3rd best LT vs 1st best WR (or other position)". The two things that matter

are how good each individual player is and how they fit with your team's schemes and needs. Heck the 3rd best LT

might be better than the best player and most other positions.