David DeCastro

Dragonborn10

I think every team would play 8-9 in the box and stuff our run. Our Wrs would still suck and our qb is still fitz. I'd be happy to have him as I think he'll be a stud, but he wouldn't be the ideal pick imo, considering just how bad our WRs and pass rushers are

You're assuming if we did take DeCastro in the 1st that A) we wouldn't pick up a receiver in free agency and B) we wouldn't draft one in rounds 2 through 7.

I think both of those are silly assumptions.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1330386152[/url]' post='2390554']

You're assuming if we did take DeCastro in the 1st that A) we wouldn't pick up a receiver in free agency and B) we wouldn't draft one in rounds 2 through 7.

I think both of those are silly assumptions.

It's an assumption based on his post. He said grab DeCastro and draft defense the rest of the way assuming we resign Stevie. So no, it's not silly based his post. It's also not silly to assume we don't pay another Wr decent money via FA if we resign Stevie. How many times have you seen us pay for a FA Wr? TO, Quinn Early....am I missing anyone else? Not silly in the least

It would make our interior the best in the league but its already pretty good. Even when we are missing one of our top 3, Rhinehart is a fine player

But who is a preferable pick? I agree we need OT, DE, LB, and WR more than a G, but with a few exceptions the quality of player available at those postions isn't clearly superior to what's available in 2-5. who at those postions is worth #10?

The more I think about him at 10 the more I like it. If they resign Bell then they have three tackles, Decastro and Levitre at Guard, and Wood, Rhinehart and Urbik to play center and provide depth. No need to rush Wood back - PUP list will give his knee more time to heal.

This could be a very good line for a long time. Then draft defense the rest of the way(assuming they resign or tag Stevie).

I think Pears is in their plans, as is Hairston and maybe even Jasper.

Bell-------Levitre---------Wood----------DeCastro----------Pears

Hairston---Urbik----------Colin Brown----Jasper------------Rinehardt

The other scenario is, what if Levitre at LT was next to DeCastro at LG? Could we run better?

In Buddy Nix's interview today with Chris Brown, he said that the Bills have 3 basic needs… one of which they will fill with their first pick.

Does anyone want to bet that offensive guard is not one of those needs?

Is it probable that Nix was referring to pass rusher, wide receiver, or cornerback… or possibly offensive tackle?

Jeezus… get a grip people.

In Buddy Nix's interview today with Chris Brown, he said that the Bills have 3 basic needs… one of which they will fill with their first pick.

Does anyone want to bet that offensive guard is not one of those needs?

Is it probable that Nix was referring to pass rusher, wide receiver, or cornerback… or possibly offensive tackle?

What is probable is that we'll find out Buddy's plans on April 26th! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

I thought I heard somewhere that Decastro might get converted to RT by whoever ends up drafting him. Anyone else? I guess it makes sense if you spend top 15 money to draft a guard.

Buffalo already has a good interior line and a RT in the making though, so I'd expect the Bills to pass on him.

I don't think moving Levitre to LT makes us better. If anything, the line would be Hairston / Levitre / Wood / DeCastro / Pears.

I personally like the DeCastro potential pick because if Wood gets hurt again they can move Urbik to center and not really miss a beat. And I think they resign Bell...just my feeling.

Unless they really think something of Mike Jasper. Then the chances of DeCastro are lower.

I'm so with yo on this. I hope Bell is resigned, then you'll have Bell,Lev,Wood,Decastro,Pears with Hariston(Sp),Urbick and Rhino as depth. I would like to see Jasper in some preseason games at right guard. If we do this, we are strong up the middle on offense and defense.

:thumbsup:

Ah, good catch. The guy was drafted a decade before I was born. My bad. But I'm sure today's NFL is exactly the same as it was in 1973. :nana:

Look, he seems like a really good player. But is drafting a guard when we have a really good one and a very servicable one really going to make us better? NO has 2 of the best guards in the NFL and they seem like they are going to let them walk.

I think where I bump heads with you Bill is that I believe the game has changed quite a bit. I agree 100% with building a dominant defensive line and then filling in the pieces. However, because it is a pass first league, corners, safties, tight ends, and receivers have more value than ever before. I also believe the days of a LT being the 2nd most important position on offense are long gone. The best LTs in the NFL play on garbage football teams.

As much as we try to discount the job the Bills' oline did this year, it is pretty much the norm in the NFL to spread the field and rely on quick passes. IMO, upgrading the oline really isn't going to have much impact on W-L.

That said, I'd rather them draft a guy they could be a franchise LT than force drafting a DE.

I think where I bump heads with you Bill is that I believe the game has changed quite a bit. I agree 100% with building a dominant defensive line and then filling in the pieces. However, because it is a pass first league, corners, safties, tight ends, and receivers have more value than ever before. I also believe the days of a LT being the 2nd most important position on offense are long gone. The best LTs in the NFL play on garbage football teams.

As much as we try to discount the job the Bills' oline did this year, it is pretty much the norm in the NFL to spread the field and rely on quick passes. IMO, upgrading the oline really isn't going to have much impact on W-L.

That said, I'd rather them draft a guy they could be a franchise LT than force drafting a DE.

I am not in favor of drafting DeCastro. Would I be if I somehow knew that he would be as good as John Hannah? Probably, but that is a huge reach.

The Bills OL, as much as I have complained about it for well over a decade, is not as bad as it was. In fact, I was thinking of devoting a post to rating them position by position. There are still question marks imo, but OG doesn't look so bad.

As to where you and I differ, is wrt defensive style. I like attack defenses. Watching Aaron Schobel drop back into pass coverage used to turn my stomach. I want the Bills to be aggressive on offense and defense. They have a HUGE hole at LB. They need pass rush from the DEs, and LT is still a question mark, which could soon get worse if Bell signs on with another team.

Levy/Jauron would have looked at this and signed a defensive back. I hope Nix doesn't.

All this talk of DeCastro being oour first pick make me wonder...why not re-sign Rinehart, start him, draft Adams with our ist pci, and Brandon Washington of Miami with our second. He can play C, too.

But is drafting a guard when we have a really good one and a very servicable one really going to make us better? NO has 2 of the best guards in the NFL and they seem like they are going to let them walk.

Actually only one of them is a free agent but yes, the Saints have two great guards.

And both of them were converted from tackle.

Does everyone get it?

Vince Wilfork and Haloti Ngata would like to keep it that way....

I'd bet money that those guys have zero idea who DeCastro is and that they really don't care about guys who've never played a down of NFL football.

Be real.

If you love DeCastro that's great but the silliness…

Or why not resign Bell and draft one of the best guard prospects ever.

Resign Bell and count on him staying healthy? Not a risk I'm willing to take. I want to resign Rinehart and start him. Draft Adams. Draft Washington in Rd 2 so he can back up Wood. Can DeCastro play C? And before you mention Urbik, remember he's on IR, too. So we have an OL potentially looking like this:

Starters: Adams Levitre Wood Rinehart Pears

Reserves Bell Washington Urbik Hairston