Illegal Immigration Takes Its Toll

3rdnlng

Very limited #'s can come to this country legally. Would seem to me the 1st step would be to increase the number of visas available for both skilled and unskilled workers and also make it easier for legal immigrants to become citizens.

After that, get the border secured better and as that happens increase the unskilled worker visas further.

Once the border is secured, then allow a partial amnesty program for those that were here prior to the initiatives to begin actually securing the border.

Oh oh. You uttered a naughty word.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh oh. You uttered a naughty word.

Probably.

But if the system is remedied to allow for more realistic #'s of immigrants to come into the country legally AND if it has been remedied to cut the flow of illegals entering the country to a trickle then a partial amnesty seems reasonable to 'solve' the problem of what do you do with the existing illegals.

Realistically, there's no way all the existing illegals will end up deported nor in jail for illegally entering the U.S.. We have to do something with them and ideally something that doesn't just encourage more illegal entry to the U.S..

Probably.

But if the system is remedied to allow for more realistic #'s of immigrants to come into the country legally AND if it has been remedied to cut the flow of illegals entering the country to a trickle then a partial amnesty seems reasonable to 'solve' the problem of what do you do with the existing illegals.

Realistically, there's no way all the existing illegals will end up deported nor in jail for illegally entering the U.S.. We have to do something with them and ideally something that doesn't just encourage more illegal entry to the U.S..

Stop using logic in an emotional discussion.

I'm guessing you're not married.

It's simple. Move the Raiders from Oakland to Guadalajara. That'll get half of them back to Mexico in no time.

Stop using logic in an emotional discussion.

I'm guessing you're not married.

:lol: Close, but no cigar. Wife's also an engineer.

It's simple. Move the Raiders from Oakland to Guadalajara. That'll get half of them back to Mexico in no time.

:w00t:

Obviously you haven't seen the Raiders following up here since they moved back. You'd lose half of the Mexicans in SoCal and Oakland would lose......well I can't really say what without sounding like a racist. But I have been to a few Raiders games in Oakland since moving here so I'm qualified to make that statement.

Obviously you haven't seen the Raiders following up here since they moved back. You'd lose half of the Mexicans in SoCal and Oakland would lose......well I can't really say what without sounding like a racist. But I have been to a few Raiders games in Oakland since moving here so I'm qualified to make that statement.

I've been to a couple of games up there, and I understand what you're saying, but you'd lose a bunch of illegals, too.

I've been to a couple of games up there, and I understand what you're saying, but you'd lose a bunch of illegals, too.

Oh no doubt and a shitload of 40-60 year old dope smokers.

I took a couple of hits off a joint during a game at the Coliseum the year before last and sat in the cold and wind of the upper deck saying "what the !@#$ was I thinking??"

Edited by Chef Jim

• 1 month later...

Or continue the economic tailspin:

Net migration from Mexico has plummeted to zero thanks to changing demographic and economic conditions on both sides of the border, a new study says, even as political battles over illegal immigration heat up and the issue heads to the U.S. Supreme Court. After four decades that brought 12 million Mexican immigrants—more than half of them illegally—to the U.S., the curtain has come down on the biggest immigration wave in modern times.

Linky Thingy

Is that link supposed to provide proof that the current immigration policy is working?

So that's your conclusion? It's obviously not working, but by our choice. When the feds file suit against a state for enforcing existing law something is f'd up. The feds solution is to put up signs in our country warning U.S. citizens of the danger in an area that they have chosen to not control. At some point in time I would hope that the U.S. economy improves. When that happens illegal immigration will pick up again.

So that's your conclusion? It's obviously not working, but by our choice. When the feds file suit against a state for enforcing existing law something is f'd up. The feds solution is to put up signs in our country warning U.S. citizens of the danger in an area that they have chosen to not control. At some point in time I would hope that the U.S. economy improves. When that happens illegal immigration will pick up again.

So you agree that the migrants come here because of the economy and the jobs?

Not hope and change and rainbow-farting unicorns?

So what you're saying is, four more years of Obama's economic policies and 3rd won't have to shoot all the illegals after all? Never thought of it that way.

Well, say what you want about the man, but at least Barry got rid of all the Mexicans.