Illegal Immigration Takes Its Toll

3rdnlng

Don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else on PPP, but since this thread is on illegal immigration, I have to say that I love what Florida is doing WRT purging voter rolls of illegal immigrants, along with felons and dead people. That Barry and his minions are trying to block it speaks volumes.

I'm all for this with the provision that if they purge a qualified voter from the roll they pay said voter 10 million dollars.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm all for this with the provision that if they purge a qualified voter from the roll they pay said voter 10 million dollars.

Why? Who's giving them $10M for all the fraudulent voters?

Fraudulent voters get criminal charges- but I'd damn sure want a mechanism that serves as a large deterrent from the government making "mistakes" and it's not like the State of Florida doesn't understand financial incentives used to help prevent mistakes

First up: a provision in a state law that requires anyone who registers voters to hand in all registration forms no later than 48 hours after they're completed. The previous deadline was 10 days, allowing organizations enough time to ensure that forms are filled out correctly.

Under the stricter new law, if a form is handed in after the 48-hour window, the register could face criminal charges and up to $1,000 in fines per application. The penalties have been considered so draconian that the state's League of Women Voters shut down its registration activities. And since the law took effect last May, 81,471 fewer Floridians have been registered to vote than during the same period before the 2008 election.

If a store employee tackles someone because they believe that person is shoplifting and they are wrong then they are subject to being sued and that is merely for embarrassment and physical injuries if any but the right to vote in America is or at least should be sacred.

Edited by ....lybob

Fraudulent voters get criminal charges- but I'd damn sure want a mechanism that serves as a large deterrent from the government making "mistakes" and it's not like the State of Florida doesn't understand financial incentives used to help prevent mistakes

From what I read, they come to your home, then send you a letter, then put an ad in the paper, asking you to verify that you are a citizen. But not kicking-off eligible voters is why Florida is trying to get the updates HSA rolls.

I don't think it's a race issue -- but you have to admit that was pretty damn disrespectful. I don't ever remember seeing a president, at the white house, heckled by a member of the US press. No matter how much you disagree with his policies, the man is still the president. Scorn him, blaspheme him, curse him all you wish -- but not on the white house lawn while the man is speaking.

It was a dick move. Plain and simple.

From what I read, they come to your home, then send you a letter, then put an ad in the paper, asking you to verify that you are a citizen. But not kicking-off eligible voters is why Florida is trying to get the updates HSA rolls.

wow!!! if they are that thorough then no one will have to worry about paying out 10 million dollars because there will be no mistakes- problem solved.

Scooby goes down to SD.Takes the Tijuana Trolley, sees the donkey shows and gets lost while coming back and now he's an expert on Border Security.

Actually I walked across and back. I drove most of the AZ to Cali border. Even in Orange County they have border patrol check points.

The Mexicans didn't even check my passport. Getting back into the U.S. was the long line.

Actually I walked across and back. I drove most of the AZ to Cali border. Even in Orange County they have border patrol check points.

The Mexicans didn't even check my passport. Getting back into the U.S. was the long line.

I've done that too. You obviously didn't take the loop around back. We did. SUV full of Americans, 3 first generation of Mexican descent, 1 woman born in Columbia, 1 woman born in Mexico who is now a US citizen, three gringos. We weren't asked to show passports - just said the state we were from. "Okay - go."

Wish I had the chance to have spent more time in Tijuana.

Hey get a load of this. A !@#$ing biker call ME smug.

Not a biker... But you do sail... Sailor, right? That makes you MORE smug. Now couple that with living in the Bay Area and being a skier. That is the trifecta of smuggary activities, even sans the biking thing.

:nana: :nana:

Went to Canada over Christmas... Got right in... Didn't have passports or anything... Getting back into the States, we were read the riot act! :lol:

I wonder what the presidents executive order will do to the unemployment rate? All these individuals will now be counted on the national employment rolls, I would suspect that most of the jobs effected would be lower tier jobs, and the unemployment rate is already higher the younger the age.

There could be a strong economic argument against this executive order, at least for the short-term

Edited by WorldTraveller

Not a biker... But you do sail... Sailor, right? That makes you MORE smug. Now couple that with living in the Bay Area and being a skier. That is the trifecta of smuggary activities, even sans the biking thing.

:nana: :nana:

Went to Canada over Christmas... Got right in... Didn't have passports or anything... Getting back into the States, we were read the riot act! :lol:

West coast sailors are not smug. Must be a great lakes thing. Skiers were smug maybe 40 years ago but not so much anymore. Spend a week here in the city and watch the bikers. The epitome of smugness.

Not much... But then again, I think you proved my point...:lol:

By not much is assume that means none. And I proved your point by using sarcasm? Yeah that's pretty much par for your course. Speaking of par for the course and sarcasm Olympic Club is the best !@#$ing golf course in the country. I will say this though this weather will really show a part of the area here that usually sucks weather wise in a pretty good light.

By not much is assume that means none. And I proved your point by using sarcasm? Yeah that's pretty much par for your course. Speaking of par for the course and sarcasm Olympic Club is the best !@#$ing golf course in the country. I will say this though this weather will really show a part of the area here that usually sucks weather wise in a pretty good light.

Every once in a while I will get a sailor or powerboat registered to the West Coast... Not often though... Probably a handful of sailors in the 20+ years here, more powerboats. They all act the same, even in tight areas while under motor... They won't move until the very last second... Usually looping around and around like just being there is a chore... It isn't like a 6 or 7 foot draft is a worry in a 450 foot wide 10' deep channel... They act like douches in that they make it seem like they can't manuever well... Like their 50 foot vessel is some 800' long x 110' wide tow pushing 17,000 tons... :rolleyes:

I always assumed they were trailed (especially the power boats) here, but the biggies... Who knows? Around the Horn? I highly doubt it, not these idiots... Panama canal? Ah maybe? Or else they just have the name on the back, but registrations usually don't lie. So far the farthest registration (displayed on the smaller craft under 40 or so feet) was from Alaska... Had to do a double take when I seen the "AK" on the vessel... Common to see AR (Arkansas)... But AK, I thought WTF!