Illegal Immigration Takes Its Toll

3rdnlng

There was no problem with the outline of the proposed bill, other than the dirty word - AMNESTY. So here we are, a decade later, yet all those illegals are still here. No amnesty for them. Showed them!

LOL, we sure did.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does common sense reform include amnesty for people who have broken our laws? What do you think about securing our borders? Would you go as far as a wall across our entire borders, including sensors to seek out tunnels?

There will never be a boarder fence or wall. The only way to build it cost effectively would be to use illegal workers. To do it without that kind of labor would cost far too much. Not to mention it would be the least effective means of curbing the illegal problem in this country.

Waste of time. Waste of money.

But it sure makes for a good talking point.

There will never be a boarder fence or wall. The only way to build it cost effectively would be to use illegal workers. To do it without that kind of labor would cost far too much. Not to mention it would be the least effective means of curbing the illegal problem in this country.

Maybe we could hire them and they could build it from the other side. :D

No we grow a set and force Mexico to build it with their own citizens from their side at their cost.

Good luck getting Mexico to do that.

Some demographers say more undocumented Mexicans may be leaving the U.S. than arriving as a downturn in construction, hospitality and other industries makes low-skill jobs scarce. Thousands of illegal immigrants have lost their jobs after the U.S. has audited company payrolls to find undocumented workers.

"No one knows better than the migrants themselves about the state of the U.S. economy. They hear that their cousin, uncle and friends are without work," said Primitivo Rodriguez, a Mexican migration expert who formerly worked for the Mexican Human Rights Commission.

I know your industry is hit harder by this than the one I work in, but the solution to the problem will not be found in building a fence or a wall. We can't afford to build one as a nation without using immigrant labor. Private contractors will cost too much and government contractors will cost even more. Hoping to get Mexico to do it for us (or attempting to force them to do so) is just won't happen.

There's no benefit for the US or the Mexican government to build a wall/fence in my opinion. It's an overreaction to a (very real) problem without offering any real solution to the problem itself. Both the right and the left know a fence/wall isn't going to happen but both sides use it to stir their base.

In other words, any talk for or against a fence/wall is just bull **** the pols use to keep you distracted during election season.

Good luck getting Mexico to do that.

I know your industry is hit harder by this than the one I work in, but the solution to the problem will not be found in building a fence or a wall. We can't afford to build one as a nation without using immigrant labor. Private contractors will cost too much and government contractors will cost even more. Hoping to get Mexico to do it for us (or attempting to force them to do so) is just won't happen.

There's no benefit for the US or the Mexican government to build a wall/fence in my opinion. It's an overreaction to a (very real) problem without offering any real solution to the problem itself. Both the right and the left know a fence/wall isn't going to happen but both sides use it to stir their base.

In other words, any talk for or against a fence/wall is just bull **** the pols use to keep you distracted during election season.

Why to you need a fence to keep room renters where they are?

BORDER

God !@#$ing dammit

What's you suggestion to solve securing our borders from illegal immigration and terrorists? Should we just pattern ourselves off Mexican law?

Perhaps we enact reasonable immigration reform and decide we can't and shouldn't fight terrorism with a wall.

A wall may not be the answer but it is a specific suggestion for solving the problem. What is your specific suggestion for solving the problem? Enacting reasonable immigration reform? What are your suggestions for fighting terrorism?

Edited by 3rdnlng

A wall may not be the answer but it is a specific suggestion for solving the problem. What is your specific suggestion for solving the problem? Enacting reasonable immigration reform? What are your suggestions for fighting terrorism?

Other than building the boondoggle wall, what's your solution to the immigration problem?

BORDER

God !@#$ing dammit

:lol: :lol:

:bag:

Just because it's specific, doesn't mean it's a GOOD suggestion. That's just honestly insane logic. I could specifically suggest you standing naked on the boArder would be good deterrent, but that wouldn't make it a good suggestion now would it? A wall is specific but also idiotic AND impossible.

A wall does nothing to stop immigration. It didn't in Berlin, and it won't here. It does even less to fight terrorism.

Just because it's specific, doesn't mean it's a GOOD suggestion. That's just honestly insane logic. I could specifically suggest you standing naked on the boArder would be good deterrent, but that wouldn't make it a good suggestion now would it? A wall is specific but also idiotic AND impossible.

A wall does nothing to stop immigration. It didn't in Berlin, and it won't here. It does even less to fight terrorism.

No, no, no, no, no. The correct counter-argument in this case is "Isn't that what the Democrats said about health care reform?"

You suck at this whole PPP thing. Really.

I don't have the answer but I've posted in this topic some ideas I would support over a wall

:lol: :lol:

:bag:

Don't let them get ya down man, not everyone is for the wall here lol

Just drove the border in Arizona and California & it is stronger than ever.

The problem here is there are tens of thousands who are already in the U.S. making money trafficking drugs.

The solution is moving to legalize drugs and taking the money away from the criminals.

Who is the biggest lobby for tough drug laws? The private corporations that operate 50% of U.S. prisons.

We will never win "the drug war", but we can take a bold step to control the drug trade thru legalization.

Just drove the border in Arizona and California & it is stronger than ever.

The problem here is there are tens of thousands who are already in the U.S. making money trafficking drugs.

The solution is moving to legalize drugs and taking the money away from the criminals.

Who is the biggest lobby for tough drug laws? The private corporations that operate 50% of U.S. prisons.

We will never win "the drug war", but we can take a bold step to control the drug trade thru legalization.

What highway did you travel to "drive the border"? What specifically made it stronger than ever?

What highway did you travel to "drive the border"? What specifically made it stronger than ever?

Interstate 8. I even found the time to walk across to Tijuana. Our border is effectively sealed. The miles of fence I saw was solid. There are infrared hd cameras and helicopters scanning the ground. The Border Patrol is everywhere and has stops along I-8 and other routes to check for illegals.

Everyone wants a secure border. What we need now is to get the cartels off our streets by legalizing drugs.

The irony here is that the mainstream media wants us to believe the border is insecure. In a recent Forbes Report they mentioned Mexicans work the most hours of the day than any country.