Illegal Immigration Takes Its Toll

3rdnlng

I think that having a comprehensive immigration bill that includes these pathways to citizenship that I mentioned along with more protection at the border can both be done simultaneously.

So what pathway to citizenship are you talking about? For those already here? I'm not crazy about doing that but unfortunately we have little choice. We already have a pathway to citizenship in place for people not already in this country. This will only work if you secure the border at the same time. We've been down this road before thank you very much and it did not solve the problem, it's only gotten worse. I think it's safe to say I've lived here in CA longer than anyone on this board so I've seen it first hand. Nothing else has worked. Secure the border, figure out what to do with those here and enforce our immigration laws that we have in place with regard to hiring illegals.

I'm not going to get into the complexities of it, but the idea that so and so has to happen first is a bunch of bull ****!

bull **** to your bull ****. You know why it has to happen first? To make sure it happens at all.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not going to get into the complexities of it, but I will tell you this, what stopped Bush from being able to make this happen was the hardcore anti immigrant wing of his own party and the cynical political calculation of the liberals knowing this fact and using it to their benefit.

I'll care less once I'm able to move my company out of California. Until then, I don't give a crap about far left, far right, or all the other garbage I keep hearing so people can sound like the only rational non-partisan mind in the building. Shut it down first. Everything else is a waste of time if you don't do this first.

So what pathway to citizenship are you talking about? For those already here? I'm not crazy about doing that but unfortunately we have little choice. We already have a pathway to citizenship in place for people not already in this country. This will only work if you secure the border at the same time. We've been down this road before thank you very much and it did not solve the problem, it's only gotten worse. I think it's safe to say I've lived here in CA longer than anyone on this board so I've seen it first hand. Nothing else has worked. Secure the border, figure out what to do with those here and enforce our immigration laws that we have in place with regard to hiring illegals.

bull **** to your bull ****. You know why it has to happen first? To make sure it happens at all.

Well I call bull **** to your bull **** of my bull ****! So there! :devil:

In regards to what sort of pathway to citizenship? I don't know enough details to give you a specific answer, but I layed out a general idea. Off of that framework with a serious committment of protecting the borders in a deal that works hand inhand with that idea, I would say is the best way to move forward.

Also, unless you want to live in a world of high debt, high taxes, free **** for everyone, then the conservative movement better get on the ball on this issue, because latinos are moving away from conservatives and they are doing it in droves, and that is a fact!

I'll care less once I'm able to move my company out of California. Until then, I don't give a crap about far left, far right, or all the other garbage I keep hearing so people can sound like the only rational non-partisan mind in the building. Shut it down first. Everything else is a waste of time if you don't do this first.

Well, it's not gonna happen.

If I remember correctly, deportations of illegals was down 33% the last couple months of 2011. The Obama administration fights the Arizona law put into place to do the feds job for them. How can you expect that they live up to any comprehensive immigration reform that includes border security simultaneous with a path to citizenship? The border fence seems to be going up rather slowly. If you don't secure the border first it won't get done. It's as simple as that.

If I remember correctly, deportations of illegals was down 33% the last couple months of 2011. The Obama administration fights the Arizona law put into place to do the feds job for them. How can you expect that they live up to any comprehensive immigration reform that includes border security simultaneous with a path to citizenship? The border fence seems to be going up rather slowly. If you don't secure the border first it won't get done. It's as simple as that.

Just because you say its as simple as that doesn't make it so. There has never been a real effort to protect the borders while having a sensible approach to allowing a pathway to citizenship.

How can you expect that they live up to any comprehensive immigration reform that includes border security simultaneous with a path to citizenship?

By Just doing it!

Now there's an idea. We get Nike to only release i's new shoes in Mexico's Foot Lockers. Could be the fastest and cheapest deportation plan ever devised.

Usually works well for me, better than doing what we have been doing. Oh, and guess what there LA? The idea that I'm floating, would be much better for all the concerns that you listed than the status quo.

Newsflash!!!! The politicians with a "D" after their name generally are against securing the border in any meaningful way. Didn't we have a deal for a fence? Going back to 1986 or so didn't we have an amnesty trade for securing the border? Hell, Sheriff Arpaio is evil in their mind. They need enough poor people to cross the border, gain services and eventually become voters for them. We need to secure the border before acting on any path to citizenship. The problem isn't with the illegals (in this situation) as much as it is with the dems. They can't be trusted.

The problem is there is no punishment for those crossing the border. A few months ago I dealt with an illegal immigrant that this was caught 3 times in the past year for trying to cross the border illegally. Everytime border patrol caught him, they released him back to Mexico where he tried again.

I presume you are in law enforcement of some type?

There is path to citizenship First step is to come to this country legally.

Very limited #'s can come to this country legally. Would seem to me the 1st step would be to increase the number of visas available for both skilled and unskilled workers and also make it easier for legal immigrants to become citizens.

After that, get the border secured better and as that happens increase the unskilled worker visas further.

Once the border is secured, then allow a partial amnesty program for those that were here prior to the initiatives to begin actually securing the border.