Stephen Hill

You guys crack me up. All this praise for him makes me chuckle. At GT, when he ran open down the sideline, and the ball was thrown his way, we got the point to where we'd turn away from the play and look the other way b/c we couldn't sit there and watch him drop ANOTHER pass. He's also soft. The dude hears footsteps. He also got carried off the field like a bagillion times at GT after getting hurt on plays. But he looked good at the combine, so he'd be awesome in the B-Lo, right???...

Did he go to the Stevie Johnson School of Hands?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys crack me up. All this praise for him makes me chuckle. At GT, when he ran open down the sideline, and the ball was thrown his way, we got the point to where we'd turn away from the play and look the other way b/c we couldn't sit there and watch him drop ANOTHER pass. He's also soft. The dude hears footsteps. He also got carried off the field like a bagillion times at GT after getting hurt on plays. But he looked good at the combine, so he'd be awesome in the B-Lo, right???...

Still say he's not a bad use of our #4b or #5a pick, otherwise couldn't agree more - folks read one article about the guy after he runs an impressive 40 at the combine, and all of a sudden he's a better prospect than Justin Blackmon! :rolleyes:

Can't catch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBOHVSKbmBQ

Wrong. Needs to be more consistent, yes, but to say he cant catch, is just hyperbole.

Can't catch?

youtube.com/watch?v=rBOHVSKbmBQ

Wrong. Needs to be more consistent, yes, but to say he cant catch, is just hyperbole.

To be fair even the announcer said "for all the legitimate criticism he's taken the last few weeks" after the catch and before the Calvin Johnson remark. BuffaloAla has season tics and legit concerns (especially for a high pick IMO, 4th round no problem, maybe even 3rd if he's there still). I am not sure and want to see FA play out first. I am kind of curious how the Raiders will draft w/o crazy Al calling the shots, other wise he would not make it past them.

As BuffaloATL said, the Offense of GT lends itself to a WR not getting many catches, but putting up good averages when he does make on.

Due to the triple option, WR's are almost always in one on one coverage, and with DB's being lulled to sleep by %75-%85 run plays. Wr's often get open in the triple option, it can the make the big catch like D Thomas did a few years back.

In the 4th round, if WR is still a need, grab him.

As BuffaloATL said, the Offense of GT lends itself to a WR not getting many catches, but putting up good averages when he does make on.

Due to the triple option, WR's are almost always in one on one coverage, and with DB's being lulled to sleep by %75-%85 run plays. Wr's often get open in the triple option, it can the make the big catch like D Thomas did a few years back.

In the 4th round, if WR is still a need, grab him.

He is already better than James Hardy and we spent a second rounder on him.

He is already better than James Hardy and we spent a second rounder on him.

Can not tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but at this point Hill is just a prospect that put up good numbers at the combine. He has very pedestrian numbers for his career stats.

So to me Hill is a gamble. Could be a work out wonder or could be a hidden gem.

hardy was a a physical specimen ,tall good speed and good hands. But he never learned routes. How can you not say the same thing for Hill?

Can not tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but at this point Hill is just a prospect that put up good numbers at the combine. He has very pedestrian numbers for his career stats.

So to me Hill is a gamble. Could be a work out wonder or could be a hidden gem.

hardy was a a physical specimen ,tall good speed and good hands. But he never learned routes. How can you not say the same thing for Hill?

I was being a little sarcastic but mostly truthfull. Hardy never had great speed, never got separation, even in college. The only reason Hill did not have a ton of receptions is that Georgia Tech seldom threw it.

the raiders already drafted him in the first round (oh wait, no first rounder...they may trade 2015s entire draft for the chance at him though)

but for real, love the size and speed - severe lack of production....if we could get him in the fourth I would be allllll for it (but seriously, no way he lasts that long)

I will admit I didn't see too much of him, so I can only comment on what I read. Obviously he is big, and ran a nice 40. The scouts/"experts" seem to have a general consensus that he is very raw, and was used mostly as a pure deep threat. He ran very simple routes, and struggled with underneath stuff. Drops a lot off balls. Again, all stuff I read, but it has been pretty similar site to site. The way they talk about him kind of reminds me of James Hardy...

This is apparently a guy that will be drafted purely on athletic potential, not a proven talent. Not saying I wouldn't be interested in mid to late rounds though.

Edited by Turbosrrgood