Taylor Swift refuses cancer teen prom date offer...

Just Jack

For all those who do not like her singing or music remember this. Go look at who's singing now-a-days. Nikki Minage, Keisha, even Beyonce do not have the vocals that she does. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga both have great vocals that are up their with Taylor. If you do not believe Gaga has good vocals go listen to her voice on Stern singing some song she sang. It may be one thing not to like her song choices and music genre but her music and abilities cannot be denied.

I think it was wise not to go. Let the Prom be about the school, students, etc. He doesn't need her there and it will be much more fun being a guest of honor and date.

Coming from someone that understands a little bit about this.....I love Taylor the person and she is a good singer...but she is NOT in the class of a beyonce as far as skill goes.

Go back and listen to Taylor's music and listen to her keys.....she says in a certain range and she never goes out of them....she does this because to go out of that range would probably not flatter her.

No go and listen to Beyonce.......and notice how she can progress through keys both high and low with equal power.

Beyonce is one of the better singers of our generation.

Once again this is not a knock on Taylor Swift....MOST singers nowadays stay in a certain key range and dont take chances....and most are helped by studio enhancement.....shoot...some of these girls flat out cannot SING and most of it is studio enhancement. You should hear some of the stuff when Selina Gomez first started out. Years of vocal coaching have improved her a little bit.

Coming from someone that understands a little bit about this.....I love Taylor the person and she is a good singer...but she is NOT in the class of a beyonce as far as skill goes.

Go back and listen to Taylor's music and listen to her keys.....she says in a certain range and she never goes out of them....she does this because to go out of that range would probably not flatter her.

No go and listen to Beyonce.......and notice how she can progress through keys both high and low with equal power.

I would go and do this, but I don't know what keys are.

Keys is a musical term....much like the word "Octive"

As in keys on a piano.....when a singer is going up in keys they will often have a piano in the room and they listen for the tone then they match their vocals to it......if you start on one side of the piano the keys are lo......and they gt progressively higher as they get to the other side of the keyboard.

John's not wrong...just a little vague.

A key is a set of harmonic tones that define the notes of the music - e.g. "key of A major" is the set of tones that are harmonic with (i.e. "sound good with") 440hz, the frequency of the note "A". John's confusing "key" and "range" in his usage a bit..."range" is, most simply, the set of tones from the lowest to highest note that a singer can hit. There are multiple keys within a range (e.g. a piano: a range of 88 tones, but only 12 major and 12 minor keys).

However, when it comes to singing, a singer's range may be better suited to some keys than others. In Taylor Swift's case, though...she plays guitar, and because of the way guitar is played, there's a certain set of keys that are MUCH easier to play in than others (C, E, A, D, G. Good luck with B-flat or E-flat). I suspect that's a stronger factor in her songwriting than her voice - I've listened to maybe one of her songs, ever, but I'll bet most of her songs are in major keys of C, G, D, or A, or A or E minor.

• 1 month later...

John's not wrong...just a little vague.

A key is a set of harmonic tones that define the notes of the music - e.g. "key of A major" is the set of tones that are harmonic with (i.e. "sound good with") 440hz, the frequency of the note "A". John's confusing "key" and "range" in his usage a bit..."range" is, most simply, the set of tones from the lowest to highest note that a singer can hit. There are multiple keys within a range (e.g. a piano: a range of 88 tones, but only 12 major and 12 minor keys).

However, when it comes to singing, a singer's range may be better suited to some keys than others. In Taylor Swift's case, though...she plays guitar, and because of the way guitar is played, there's a certain set of keys that are MUCH easier to play in than others (C, E, A, D, G. Good luck with B-flat or E-flat). I suspect that's a stronger factor in her songwriting than her voice - I've listened to maybe one of her songs, ever, but I'll bet most of her songs are in major keys of C, G, D, or A, or A or E minor.

CCrap, that article brought a tear o my eyes and I missed the sabres second goal. Lets hope the kid gets better, doesn't sound good. Swift is a class aact.

• 1 year later...