Taylor Swift refuses cancer teen prom date offer...

Just Jack

Saw her perform at the Grammys. Not a fan of the music, but somewhere along the line she made the leap from cute to gorgeous.Nice story. People can call it good PR if they want, but it's still a cool thing to do.

I think it's when she straightened her hair....She is smokin' hot now......And, I just love her as a person. After all the Britney's etc., it's about time a good one came along.

Saw her perform at the Grammys. Not a fan of the music, but somewhere along the line she made the leap from cute to gorgeous.

Nice story. People can call it good PR if they want, but it's still a cool thing to do.

60 Minutes had an segment about her a month or so ago. I'd have to say from seeing that, her offer wasn't a PR move, I think if she could have gone to the prom, she would have. She seems really down to earth, not stuck up like some other "celebrities" (yea, I'm looking at you entire Jersey Shore cast) about the same age.

For all those who do not like her singing or music remember this. Go look at who's singing now-a-days. Nikki Minage, Keisha, even Beyonce do not have the vocals that she does. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga both have great vocals that are up their with Taylor. If you do not believe Gaga has good vocals go listen to her voice on Stern singing some song she sang. It may be one thing not to like her song choices and music genre but her music and abilities cannot be denied.

60 Minutes had an segment about her a month or so ago. I'd have to say from seeing that, her offer wasn't a PR move, I think if she could have gone to the prom, she would have. She seems really down to earth, not stuck up like some other "celebrities" (yea, I'm looking at you entire Jersey Shore cast) about the same age.

I think it was wise not to go. Let the Prom be about the school, students, etc. He doesn't need her there and it will be much more fun being a guest of honor and date.

i'm pretty sure she brought her mother as her guest to the grammys. nice to see another authentic, nice person do well. i think her song writing is very good but for a country singer, her voice is comparatively weak. patsy cline she aint but good for her anyway.

And if it was a PR move, I don't think it matters one bit. Either way she's done a great thing for this kid. And on that note, did he wind up going?

For all those who do not like her singing or music remember this. Go look at who's singing now-a-days. Nikki Minage, Keisha, even Beyonce do not have the vocals that she does. Katy Perry and Lady Gaga both have great vocals that are up their with Taylor. If you do not believe Gaga has good vocals go listen to her voice on Stern singing some song she sang. It may be one thing not to like her song choices and music genre but her music and abilities cannot be denied.

I think it was wise not to go. Let the Prom be about the school, students, etc. He doesn't need her there and it will be much more fun being a guest of honor and date.

I have to agree, I had of course heard of her before that Stern interview, but I wouldn't have been able to pick out a song of hers from the rest of the puke on the radio these days. That performance she gave on Stern was absolutely amazing.

I loved when they sent Richard and Sal out to one of her concerts to interview her fans, and they asked who is a greater hero: Lady Gaga or Seal Team 6? You can probably guess who the unanimous choice was.

She's a lovely girl, jboyst, but she is not a good singer. If you have ever seen her live (I have, my girlfriend and her daughters love Taylor), she can't carry a tune...she is obviously helped out tremendously in the studio. You should also go back and listen to Beyonce...she can sing circles around Taylor Swift. Sorry, don't mean to be so mean...

Incidentally, I know most here hate country music. But, one of the reasons that people are so fanatical about country stars, many of them do stuff just like this, all the time...it is a huge part of the business.

Edited by Buftex

She's a lovely girl, jboyst, but she is not a good singer. If you have ever seen her live (I have, my girlfriend and her daughters love Taylor), she can't carry a tune...she is obviously helped out tremendously in the studio. You should also go back and listen to Beyonce...she can sing circles around Taylor Swift. Sorry, don't mean to be so mean...

Incidentally, I know most here hate country music. But, one of the reasons that people are so fanatical about country stars, many of them do stuff just like this, all the time...it is a huge part of the business.

Find beyonces raw voice streams. Her voice is cracking a lot. In destiny's child she was great but since. Mrh

Lady Gaga has more than just good pipes; she's a pretty talented songwriter too. Not my style, but that woman has some serious talent behind the goofy facade.

Taylor Swift...I don't dislike her, but in a few years I suspect we'll see her "song writing" is recycling the same basic song over and over again.

suspect we'll see her "song writing" is recycling the same basic song over and over again.

aren't we already seeing that from gaga? always in the same time signature and i'll bet the tempo is within 10 beats per minute for 90% of her songs. at least swift does an occasional song in 3/4 time.