Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

No, it's the "physics makes right" argument. You're really dumb enough to take on a five-ton truck because you claim the moral high ground?

Good luck... :lol:

funny stuff. If I ever get in trouble with this you can be my lawyer.

You're right. To draw on your point and let bikers think about it; speed limit signs are not required travel speeds. If I have a heavy load or for some reason feel I cannot travel at the speed limit I adjust my driving to be as safe as possible. Bikers can learn that, too. Just because I can travel winding roads at 55mph with 10tons GVW doesn't mean I will. If I had a bike it would be the same. Just because I can be in the middle of my lane or side I know some times that is a bad idea. Also, if I can I will let people pass me by pulling off or moving over to a separate lane, if i am impairing traffic. Why can't bikers? In my case im exactly opposite, the biggest on the road almost... and I still give way.

On my tractor I can do 19. I get passed like crazy no matter where and what I do.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont own the roads you !@#$ing !@#$.

Good day.

GOOD! WRITE THE !@#$ING TICKETS!!!!

The more I see morons on two wheels getting reprimanded for bad behavior, the less I have to listen to schmucks like you.

It was a hypothetical, dickhead.

Hey maybe you should take a nap. All those capitol letters, whew! probably wore you out little guy.

Maybe a nap in some biker spandex, Ive heard its more comfortable.

funny stuff. If I ever get in trouble with this you can be my lawyer.

You're right. To draw on your point and let bikers think about it; speed limit signs are not required travel speeds. If I have a heavy load or for some reason feel I cannot travel at the speed limit I adjust my driving to be as safe as possible. Bikers can learn that, too. Just because I can travel winding roads at 55mph with 10tons GVW doesn't mean I will. If I had a bike it would be the same. Just because I can be in the middle of my lane or side I know some times that is a bad idea. Also, if I can I will let people pass me by pulling off or moving over to a separate lane, if i am impairing traffic. Why can't bikers? In my case im exactly opposite, the biggest on the road almost... and I still give way.

On my tractor I can do 19. I get passed like crazy no matter where and what I do.

The Spandex mafia is gonna getcha.

I rode my bike to work today. I ride my bike to work everyday, so long as there isn't snow/slush/ice on the road.

I totally agree that some cyclists are completely reckless, and to C.Jim's point, so impressed with their tree-hugging self propulsion, that they take their own safety for granted.

But, what bothers me about this discussion is that I get lopped in with these a-holes, and that because of the discourteous and dangerous habits of others, motorists show aggression towards ME, aggression that, all jokes aside, can be deadly, folks.

I was hit by a car about a month and a half ago on my way to work, and the woman who hit me was totally at fault. Needless to say, I put a pretty healthy dent in the side of her Acura crossover. Nevertheless, that **** was scary.

Point is, if you're going to discriminate, at least try and be tactful. Try and separate the good from the bad, and please don't be so flippant about the honest to God safety of others.

See Big Cat....YOU DESERVED to get hit!!! You probably were 6" into their lane of traffic and didnt come to a complete stop at a stop sign with no traffic around for miles.

You need to be sure to yield to cars! You see....those drivers have somewhere to be! And driving a car while jockeying a coffee and answering a text message while going 50 in a 20 is hard to do! But you...Dont you DARE speed on that bike. Bikes and cars? Same thing when they hit something. Same thing. And oh.....dont you DARE roll past that traffic light at 5AM, you scofflaw. And ride on the damned sidewalk....dont you know thats where bikes "belong?" But dont you DARE ride on the sidewalk!

And when cars wont yeild to you and drive past you 6" from your shoulder, even when they have TWO other lanes of clear roadway they can slide into, they are teaching you a LESSON! So listen up!

And the golden rule.....youre a big sissy in those spandex shorts! Now excuse me while I put on a sports jersey with a 22 year old boy's name on it and pretend Im him while hanging a pair of rubber testicles from my car bumper.

Edited by RkFast

See Big Cat....YOU DESERVED to get hit!!! You probably were 6" into their lane of traffic and didnt come to a complete stop at a stop sign with no traffic around for miles.

.....blah blah projections blah blah......

And the golden rule.....youre a big sissy in those spandex shorts!

Big Cat left out that he saw a REALLY big cockroach in the street, screamed like a girl and swerved into the Acura. It was the drivers fault for not braking for scary cockroaches.

You need to be sure to yield to cars! You see....those drivers have somewhere to be! And driving a car while jockeying a coffee and answering a text message while going 50 in a 20 is hard to do! But you...Dont you DARE speed on that bike. Bikes and cars? Same thing when they hit something. Same thing. And oh.....dont you DARE roll past that traffic light at 5AM, you scofflaw. And ride on the damned sidewalk....dont you know thats where bikes "belong?" But dont you DARE ride on the sidewalk!

And when cars wont yeild to you and drive past you 6" from your shoulder, even when they have TWO other lanes of clear roadway they can slide into, they are teaching you a LESSON! So listen up!

And the golden rule.....youre a big sissy in those spandex shorts! Now excuse me while I put on a sports jersey with a 22 year old boy's name on it and pretend Im him while hanging a pair of rubber testicles from my car bumper.

Sometimes I can't tell if your presence here is actually part of an ongoing performance art, but either way, I don't think a more appropriate avatar exists on the board...

:lol:

Big Cat left out that he saw a REALLY big cockroach in the street, screamed like a girl and swerved into the Acura. It was the drivers fault for not braking for scary cockroaches.

Yeah, I walked pedaled pranced sashayed right into that one.

Edited by The Big Cat

It's funny how you responded to his post asking drivers not to lump all bikers together by lumping all drivers together. Funny.

RK, I get the sarcasm and all, but this is the 2nd time you've mentioned not stopping at a stop sign with no traffic around for miles; if there truly were NO traffic around for miles, then blowing through a stop sign wouldn't result in an accident would it?

If the bikes were ONLY blowing through stop signs with no traffic around, then there wouldn't be a ton of drivers that have seen bikes routinely blow through stop signs would there? Or are the only witnesses to bikes blowing through stop signs the 'good' bike riders narcing on the naughty ones?

PS to Sage - Not trying to imply you were the cause of your accident nor that you blew through a stop sign.

I saw a great bike accident yesterday where a cyclist stopped for a red light, and the cyclist behind him plowed into him, thinking he'd run the red like an !@#$.

Both the first cyclist and I gave the second guy a large measure of **** for that.

I saw a great bike accident yesterday where a cyclist stopped for a red light, and the cyclist behind him plowed into him, thinking he'd run the red like an !@#$.

Both the first cyclist and I gave the second guy a large measure of **** for that.

You actually confronted him? ballsy

RKFast, I don't have a problem with bicyclist's who are 6inches off the shoulder. I have a problem with bicyclist's who are 6 inches off the yellow center divider stacked 3 wide moving slower than the speed limit of 45 mph and refusing to move over to let cars by. Those !@#$s are the ones I would love to see get run over.

RKFast, I don't have a problem with bicyclist's who are 6inches off the shoulder. I have a problem with bicyclist's who are 6 inches off the yellow center divider stacked 3 wide moving slower than the speed limit of 45 mph and refusing to move over to let cars by. Those !@#$s are the ones I would love to see get run over.

Those people exist? Good God!

Since when did confronting !@#$s become ballsy??

A lot of people are too dang p***y to say anything when they see something wrong. I don't think Tom is one of those people, but you can't blame a lot of people for just turning the other cheek.

A lot of people are too dang p***y to say anything when they see something wrong. I don't think Tom is one of those people, but you can't blame a lot of people for just turning the other cheek.

My claim to fame on this was mentioned here before but worth mentioning again. Got off the train in SF one night. As the doors were closing some drunk guy throws a banana peel at the train. I walked by him and said "what are you, a !@#$ing monkey?" The folks on the train looked horrified. As I walked up the stairs he started to walk towards me and I gave him one of those gestures of "come on dude....let's go". He backed off thinking I was nuts. I have no idea what I'd have done if he came after me. If you act nuts people think you are and tend to leave you alone.