Scouting Combine

For the last few years, this has been one of my favorite sites for combine news and results.

They already have the bench press results for the O-linemen and tight ends as well as other physical measurements.

It looks like they've measured the QBs and other position groups too.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/

(If you change the year in the URL you can view the results of past combines (measurements, times, etc)

BTW, Ryan Tannehill has the smallest hands of any of the 19 quarterbacks in attendance. From wrist seam to end of middle finger he measures 9 inches.

Gotta love the combine!

edit: Justin Blackmon… 6' 7-8" inches tall (ouch).

RG3, 6'2 3/8" inches tall.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last few years, this has been one of my favorite sites for combine news and results.

They already have the bench press results for the O-linemen and tight ends as well as other physical measurements.

(If you change the year in the URL you can view the results of past combines (measurements, times, etc)

BTW, Ryan Tannehill has the smallest hands of any of the 19 quarterbacks in attendance. From wrist seam to end of middle finger he measures 9 inches.

Gotta love the combine!

Hey don't be dissing my boy :P

Hey don't be dissing my boy :P

You know what they say about guys with small hands…

Found our Calvin Johnson; Ladarius Green Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6 238 34 1/2 10 1/8" 16

Needs to work on that strength though.

Wonder when they run 40s?

Well the quarterbacks are in group 4 and they're scheduled to run on Sunday.

My man Tom Compton (who we had in RD5 mocks) did well on the 40 yard dash.Adam Gettis is the Iowa RG (Reiff is the LT). Cordy Glenn will no longer make it to our pick in RD2. Philip Blake is RG3's Center, possibly there at RD3.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN

Adam Gettis, Iowa - 4.91

Cordy Glenn, Georgia - 4.96

Tom Compton, South Dakota - 5.03

Philip Blake, Baylor - 5.09

Rishaw Johnson, California (PA) - 5.15

Jeff Allen, Illinois - 5.16

James Brown, Troy - 5.18

Tony Bergstrom, Utah - 5.19

Andrew Datko, Florida State - 5.22

Michael Brewster, Ohio State - 5.25

Justin Anderson, Georgia - 5.28

Mike Adams, Ohio State - 5.31

Kelvin Beachum, SMU - 5.31

John Cullen, Utah - 5.32

David DeCastro, Stanford - 5.34

Lamar Holmes, Southern Miss - 5.35

Taylor Dever, Notre Dame - 5.41

Ben Jones, Georgia - 5.41

Garth Gerhart, Arizona State - 5.44

Found our Calvin Johnson; Ladarius Green Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6 238 34 1/2 10 1/8" 16

:huh:

I'm guessing you're kidding...

Calvin Johnson is basically a once-in-a-lifetime-type Prospect...He showed up at The combine at 6-5-239 and ran a blistering 4.35 while having a 42 1/2" Vert, and a Broad Jump of 11'-7"...Yep, almost a 12' broad jump! Add to that he was clearly one of the best College WR's EVER...With a Condor-like wingspan, and great hands, Johnson is as good as it gets...When I hear Folks, heck even Buddy Nix, bring up his name while talking about Prospects or Needs I have to laugh...You can get the best WR in 10 out of 10 Drafts and still not get close to Calvin Johnson...IMHO He's just that good... B-)

SHORT ARMS ALERT:

Riley Reiff of Iowa is widely viewed as the second best left tackle prospect in the 2012 draft. But he measured in at the Combine with 33 1/4-inch arms, which is considered short for an NFL left tackle.

Some left tackles have overcome short arms, most notably Joe Thomas of the Browns. In terms of teams’ college-to-pro projections, however, Reiff may now be listed on some boards as a right tackle only, or even a guard.

Reiff is 6-foot-5 3/4 and 313 pounds. He started 37 career games at Iowa. 29 came at left tackle, seven at left guard, and one at right tackle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/iowas-reiff-has-short-arms-for-a-left-tackle/

SHORT ARMS ALERT:

Riley Reiff of Iowa is widely viewed as the second best left tackle prospect in the 2012 draft. But he measured in at the Combine with 33 1/4-inch arms, which is considered short for an NFL left tackle.

Some left tackles have overcome short arms, most notably Joe Thomas of the Browns. In terms of teams’ college-to-pro projections, however, Reiff may now be listed on some boards as a right tackle only, or even a guard.

Reiff is 6-foot-5 3/4 and 313 pounds. He started 37 career games at Iowa. 29 came at left tackle, seven at left guard, and one at right tackle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/25/iowas-reiff-has-short-arms-for-a-left-tackle/

I get the short arms thing for OT. But honestly with the rules now, and no holding called ever! its more about footwork, and walling off a guy. In run blocking short arms are better,

Give me a LT with a great first step and some punch to knock a DE back a half step, and you got a winner.

I get the short arms thing for OT. But honestly with the rules now, and no holding called ever! its more about footwork, and walling off a guy. In run blocking short arms are better,

Give me a LT with a great first step and some punch to knock a DE back a half step, and you got a winner.

I think, especially at LT, arm-length becomes really important when a guy is beat by a half a step and needs to recover...Which happens a lot in the NFL... B-)

Gotta love the combine!

It might of been awhile ago, but we were discussing Blackmon and I was saying how, he is not a "Calvin Johnson" type but more like a "Michael Crabtree" type. Crabtree was super dominant at Texas Tech but wasn't worth the high draft pick (and Holdout) although he is a good WR you probably don't want to take him as high as the 9ers took him. Blackmon is similar to Crabtree physically and now actually a little shorter.

Whoever I had the discussion with, we said we would we'll wait until the combine for the measurements, as they said "Blackmon passes the Megatron eye test" Under 6'1" isn't going to help Blackmon win any jump balls in the NFL.

That measurement is likely going to drop him a few slots.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd ends up being the first WR off the board. I certainty wouldn't mind if Floyd was the Bills pick at #10.

It might of been awhile ago, but we were discussing Blackmon and I was saying how, he is not a "Calvin Johnson" type but more like a "Michael Crabtree" type. Crabtree was super dominant at Texas Tech but wasn't worth the high draft pick (and Holdout) although he is a good WR you probably don't want to take him as high as the 9ers took him. Blackmon is similar to Crabtree physically and now actually a little shorter.

Whoever I had the discussion with, we said we would we'll wait until the combine for the measurements, as they said "Blackmon passes the Megatron eye test" Under 6'1" isn't going to help Blackmon win any jump balls in the NFL.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd ends up being the first WR off the board. I certainty wouldn't mind if Floyd was the Bills pick at #10.

There are a bunch of big WRs in this year's draft--Floyd amongst them--Jones, Jeffery, Randle, Hill, Criner, Quick, Streeter, Fuller and I probably missed a few! It will be interesting to see how the big fellas run at the Combine. Might mean we can wait until after the 1st round to address WR (assuming we re-sign Stevie or a legit #1 FA). BTW---TRADE DOWN!!!!!

6'1" in cleats is big enough for me. If he fell to the Bills at 10 it would be the steal of the draft.

Not for me.

Would you take Michael Crabtree if he were in this draft at #10 overall?

He was injured coming out of college if I remember correctly, so no. Plus his character concerns were already coming to forefront at that time too. So there's a big difference between the two. Comparing him to Megatron is foolish because we may never see a combo of size/skill/speed/etc like he has.

I would be elated if he fell to the Bills but I just don't see that happening. I like Floyd, just not at 10.

Actually that was me that was discussing Blackmon with you. Like you I couldn't remember who I was discussing Blackmon's height with but I recall the conversation and it was part of my impetus for starting this topic.

While my recollection of the discussion is not crystal clear, I don't believe I ever thought that Blackmon was quite as tall as Megatron (6'5") but I was relatively sure from looking at the video that he was at least 6'2" and more likely 6'3".

That's why I brought this up in the post… because I am quite surprised that he's only a shade taller than 6'0".

Anyways you were right and I was wrong but you're in that group of people I don't mind being wrong to.

I agree and it's hard for me to believe that some teams would actually (as PFT seems to state although in fairness they did mention Joe Thomas) take him off their board as a tackle.

Good time to point out that Andy Levitre was a college tackle projected to guard because of both his lack of height and short arm length. Funny but when he played left tackle for 3 weeks this season he looked damned comfortable and played well. I suppose there's probably guys in the NFL who never got to play tackle simply because of their measurables but it's hard to agree with adhering to such strict stereotypes.

I think, especially at LT, arm-length becomes really important when a guy is beat by a half a step and needs to recover...Which happens a lot in the NFL... B-)

That's true but Langston Walker had a huge wingspan and was a better right tackle than left tackle… so the ability to slide and mirror and as atl says, punch a guy off balance or off course are pretty damn valuable assets too… arguably as important as arm length/wingspan.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan