Boy, the Colts are in deep do-doo in 2012

D521646

Is it me, or does anyone else watching this interview with the Colts new GM and Coach think first that the GM is way too young, and IMO looks uncomfrotable, and secondly the coach Pagano doesn't seem to mesh well with the new GM.

I sense no matter who the Colts draft in 2012 they are going to be in serious rebuilding for the next few years.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82725845/New-coach-new-GM-no-problem?continuous=true

Thoughts,

Tim-

Is it me, or does anyone else watching this interview with the Colts new GM and Coach think first that the GM is way too young, and IMO looks uncomfrotable, and secondly the coach Pagano doesn't seem to mesh well with the new GM.

I sense no matter who the Colts draft in 2012 they are going to be in serious rebuilding for the next few years.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82725845/New-coach-new-GM-no-problem?continuous=true

Thoughts,

Tim-

True, but if Luck is as good as most people think he is, they will be fine in the long run. If he busts, they are doomed.

Sure they will get Luck, but the small amount of talent they have left on that team is either getting very old, or on their way out the door. Plus the whole FO turn over mentioned above.

Grigson is 40(yesterday). That is young i guess. But you are seeing this trend more and more, save Buffalo.

But what he has in common with many new GM's is they come up through the scout ranks. Smart. There is no cap on what you can pay front office people. Have a GM that knows how to evaluate talent, and have money guys to help with Cap understanding

I got to wonder if he was nervous during the interview?

Pagano looks very laid back there, but can tell he is a feiry guy. He looked much more comfortable then Grigson.

Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, Irsay wont sit on his hands for long if they dont produce in the next two years drastic improvement over this years production.

The Colts were in deep doo-doo for 2012 regardless, and things were supposed to improve after that. A lot rests with Luck and their drafting the next few drafts.

Luck is the best QB prospect since Manning himself. Colts hit the jackpot. If there was ever a year to stink it up in the NFL, 2011 was it. Sucks to be a Bills fan. Just good enough to miss out on the best draft picks every year but bad enough not to ever accomplish anything. "8 - 8 forever" .

I dunno.. I've said before that there are a few good QB's up and coming over the next few years, and if I'm in rebuilding mode I think I trade the Luck pic for the future of the organization. That's just me, and I could be wrong but one man in the Qb position can lead the team, yes, but is that Luck? Why wouldn't you trade him away for the farm? I guess it could go either way and there are two schools of thought there, but if it were me, I'd take my chances with Manning this year and build for the next ten..

Tim-

The Colts have an owner who looks like Foster Brooks ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcYTQokKdIg ) and tweets to his fans. I think he made a really stupid move in firing the Polian's and hiring this young GM. Colt owner Jim Irsay thinks that Andrew Luck is a 100% sure fire lock to be a great QB, probably the main reason why he figured he no longer needed the Polian's.

It was Bill Polian that chose Payton Manning over Ryan Leaf, and the result has been over a decade of division titles and 2 Super bowl appearances a Super Bowl win. While the other QB picked by the Chargers right behind Manning at @2 overall turned out to be one of the worst draft picks ever at QB.

Bill Polian was said to be watching lots of film on RG3, and was still in the process of evaluating both Luck and RG3 when he was fired. Gonna be interesting to see if Luck can succeed on a team that is rebuilding and without a really good O line like he had in College. Is Luck another Leaf?