Equal rights for women!

Just Jack

I don't know what she was saying and I'd have felt better if he whacked her back right after she hit him. But he kind of waited...after her blow clearly had no effect on him...then suckered her pretty solidly. Bit of a BS move, although I'd defend a cop's right to beat up just about anyone who's being a jerkoff and without translation, she certainly seemed to be well into jerkoff mode.

I don't know what she was saying and I'd have felt better if he whacked her back right after she hit him. But he kind of waited...after her blow clearly had no effect on him...then suckered her pretty solidly. Bit of a BS move, although I'd defend a cop's right to beat up just about anyone who's being a jerkoff and without translation, she certainly seemed to be well into jerkoff mode.

That pretty much sums it up.

For all the crying I hear about police brutality, almost every case you see on video involves some jerkoff who had it coming and then some.

Because the regulars over on OTW would say it's mean to slap a woman, even if she did it first.

I guess I'm one of those people.

I grew up in a busted family that included violence on women. I ultimately spent a number of years sitting on a board at a shelter for battered women in North Carolina, have interviewed a number of them for feature stories, and have even had to bring a couple of women to shelters for help. Seeing a man hit a woman disturbs the living crap out of me, and I can't imagine why that position should be mocked.

And I understand that she was supposedly hitting a cop, but let's face it, if that was a real cop, the moment her hand went up, she'd have been down and cuffed.

I guess I'm one of those people.

I grew up in a busted family that included violence on women. I ultimately spent a number of years sitting on a board at a shelter for battered women in North Carolina, have interviewed a number of them for feature stories, and have even had to bring a couple of women to shelters for help. Seeing a man hit a woman disturbs the living crap out of me, and I can't imagine why that position should be mocked.

I did not know that. I'll close the thread.