How Bad Has Detroit Become?

3rdnlng

Are you kidding? If I was retired I would be all over that place. I don't know what I would do with all the bedrooms but a home that nice for a price that nice? Maybe every city should be like Detroit!

Go to it Obama!!

Right over your bigfathead. You completely missed the point. How much do you think that home was worth 20 years ago? What does this have to do with Obama? This was caused by something else. Do you have any idea what thing(s) caused it?

Are you kidding? If I was retired I would be all over that place. I don't know what I would do with all the bedrooms but a home that nice for a price that nice? Maybe every city should be like Detroit!

Go to it Obama!!

Really?? You'd live in Detroit just because you can get a nice big house there? I'd rather live in a two bedroom condo in the Caribbean or Wine Country.

Yes, because retired people are looking to upsize after all the kids move out.

Go to it Obama!!

At the rate Barry is going, he'll definitely get to making every city like Detroit if he's re-elected.

Go to it Obama!!

How Detroit's tax rates are too high and too low [Note: "too low" according to city officials, who want more $ to piss away] -- at the same time

Jan. 2, Detroit Free Press: Start with this number: 97 mills. That's the number you get for the city's tax burden if you add up all the different taxes levied on Detroiters -- including the city's income tax, property taxes, debts encumbered by the public school system and city government and the utility tax -- and convert them to mills, equal to what must be paid per thousand dollars of assessed property value.

That's for homestead properties.

For non-homestead, that rate jumps to 114 mills, thanks to extra taxes levied on business properties.

So, if my arithmetic is correct, that would be ~$19K in yearly fees and taxes?... for a home that is seriously undervalued WRT what it would cost anywhere else. Sounds like a retirement dreamland!!!!

I mean, the mill rate here in CT which is one of the highest state+local tax burden rates in the country --- indeed a state directly to our north that is nicknamed Taxachusetts has lower rates than we do --- is 30 mills.

Where the hell all that money is going to?

Go to it Obama!!

If you think thats a good deal, you should see what you can get for the same money in Fallujah, Kabul, Khartoum. They're practically giving homes away in Monrovia and Freetown too.

Right over your bigfathead. You completely missed the point. How much do you think that home was worth 20 years ago? What does this have to do with Obama? This was caused by something else. Do you have any idea what thing(s) caused it?

I love your stupidity.

If you think thats a good deal, you should see what you can get for the same money in Fallujah, Kabul, Khartoum. They're practically giving homes away in Monrovia and Freetown too.

Sweet! I'll buy a home in each place!!

So I ask you if you have any idea what caused what should be a million dollar home to be worth 200k and you answer "I love your stupidity"? Brilliant response.

Lol... can't have anything to do with decades of unchecked liberal politicians running amuck backed by their over compensated public sector unions.

So I ask you if you have any idea what caused what should be a million dollar home to be worth 200k and you answer "I love your stupidity"? Brilliant response.

Ok, it's because of liberals, unions and Woodrow Wilson. Ok, clean off your keyboard. I'm sure it's all sticky right now.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

Ok, it's because of liberals, unions and Woodrow Wilson. Ok, clean off your keyboard. I'm sure it's all sticky right now.

You live in this world that has no connection to reality. Detroit is by far the worst of the "rust belt cities". What differentiates Detroit from Cleveland or Buffalo?

You live in this world that has no connection to reality. Detroit is by far the worst of the "rust belt cities". What differentiates Detroit from Cleveland or Buffalo?

The Red Wings

Those !@#$ers

I was gonna guess eminem ?? I was way off

Woah woah woah woah woah. Woah. Woah. Hold up.

Eminem is probably the best thing to ever come out of white trash America and emerge in pop culture. That's right, he ranks above Larry the Cable Guy, NASCAR, and Kristen Stewart. And you think that's what's wrong with Detroit? Check yourself, son.

Edited by LeviF91

Just the same old dumbass, I don't have an answer so why don't you give me the answer so you can say some more non-sensical stuff?

By your own logic, an answer like this would insinuate that you don't have an answer yourself. So can you tell us what makes Detroit such and exception?