Season Ticket prices will not change this season

Just Jack

Yep, Bills fans suck. Ralph is just hurting for money because we're unappreciative cheapskates. He's hemmoraging money resigning the best players over this over a decade long playoff drought. I'm sure other fans would stick around. But not Bills fans. They suck, right?

3 half-empty December games says otherwise to me. Even at 5-2 no one was buying those games. Selling December games was always a challenge, even when the Bills were a playoff team. That's why I was hoping the stadium renovation might include a roof. For all the tough talk WNYers would still rather stay out of the cold.

PTR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what they charge on Kids Day?

Yeah but good luck getting one unless you are willing to miss a quarter standing in line.

Tell him he should give season ticket holders a break on that new 2nd game. Why do other people get to pay Kids Day prices.........And, it's double dipping. They already got paid plenty of money for the game by Rogers in Toronto.

I'm apparently one of the few, but it's a totally raw deal in my mind to switch up at this point.

The lower prices are only for the kids tickets, the adults pay full face value. Plus the kids price was $15 last year I believe (up from $10 the previous year). You would have to be nuts to pay that. My wife got 6 in the sideline 100's on stub hub for about $30 last year. That's a reasonable price for a preseason game in my opinion, but don't expect ole Russ to let the season ticket holders off the hook.

I actually feel a little guilty. Why should only Rockpile seat owners get a deal? Why not give everyone a blanket $5 reduction?

Then again maybe they read my posts. It pays to be a Bills suck-up :D

PTR

A blanket reduction of all ticket prices could be seen an admission of front office failure and worry over declining season ticket sales. Giving a couple areas a break could be spun as a thank you to the rabid rockpile fans and promoting the "family" atmosphere in the family section.

Plus it would not be good for Bills fans psyche to see a half empty rockpile all season. Not good at all.

The lower prices are only for the kids tickets, the adults pay full face value. Plus the kids price was $15 last year I believe (up from $10 the previous year). You would have to be nuts to pay that.

The year they started doing Kids Day they were only $8. I don't remember the exact year, but it sometime after I first got seasons, so after 2000.

Yeah but good luck getting one unless you are willing to miss a quarter standing in line.

The lower prices are only for the kids tickets, the adults pay full face value. Plus the kids price was $15 last year I believe (up from $10 the previous year). You would have to be nuts to pay that. My wife got 6 in the sideline 100's on stub hub for about $30 last year. That's a reasonable price for a preseason game in my opinion, but don't expect ole Russ to let the season ticket holders off the hook.

A blanket reduction of all ticket prices could be seen an admission of front office failure and worry over declining season ticket sales. Giving a couple areas a break could be spun as a thank you to the rabid rockpile fans and promoting the "family" atmosphere in the family section.

Plus it would not be good for Bills fans psyche to see a half empty rockpile all season. Not good at all.

Vendors selling them outside all day at the tailgate party as well. I think I waited about 30 seconds.

You do know the Rockpile is sold out, right?

PTR

Vendors selling them outside all day at the tailgate party as well. I think I waited about 30 seconds.

We are at the Pinto outside, not by the stadium. Only get the kids day dogs inside. Might be worth a run up there though, thanks!

You do know the Rockpile is sold out, right?

PTR

Yes, for now anyway. But that is likely to change as well unless the team turns around.

But lowering the price is a good way to slow the situation.

If not to keep the rockpile full, what reason would they have for such a price drop there do you think? I mean, why drop the price in a section that has no trouble selling out? Mr. Wilson felling particularly generous? ;)

Yes, for now anyway. But that is likely to change as well unless the team turns around.

But lowering the price is a good way to slow the situation.

If not to keep the rockpile full, what reason would they have for such a price drop there do you think? I mean, why drop the price in a section that has no trouble selling out? Mr. Wilson felling particularly generous? ;)

I totally don't get why keeping the Rockpile sold out is such a big deal. No one sees the Rockpile on TV. You are more likely to see the empty seats in the upper deck corners. The Rockpile will always be sold out because it's (now by far) the cheapest seat in the house.

PTR

I totally don't get why keeping the Rockpile sold out is such a big deal. No one sees the Rockpile on TV. You are more likely to see the empty seats in the upper deck corners. The Rockpile will always be sold out because it's (now by far) the cheapest seat in the house.

PTR

I'm at a loss then. Why lower rockpile prices?????

Not that you are complaining mind you :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just read Alan Pergament's blog. At least he agrees with me:

As a Buffalo Bills season ticket-holder, I think the local stations missed the point Tuesday after the team announced it was holding the line on prices. The team also announced that a preseason game that had been scheduled for Toronto will now be played in Buffalo. Unless I’m missing something, that means season ticket holders are going to have to pay for another meaningless game.

A year ago, season ticketholders paid for eight games – seven regular season and one preseason. Now they will have to pay for nine games – seven regular seasons and two preseason. By my math, that’s about a 12.5 percent increase in the cost of a season ticket to see an additional meaningless game that the majority of us would prefer be played in Toronto. My math also tells me that 22.2 percent of the games at the Ralph this season will be meaningless (that’s assuming the regular season games will all be meaningful). In 2011, 12.5 percent at the Ralph were meaningless if you don’t count the ones played after the Bills were eliminated from the playoffs.

My only guess is that the Rockpile is the designated "cheap seat" in RWS. Maybe the NFL would frown on a blanket price reduction?

PTR

Something is fishy going on with this decrease. Why decrease the Rockpile. They were cheap enough & they never had a problem selling them out. If they were going to drop any prices why not the corner upper decks. Those are the seats that have a tough time selling out. Not only a decrease but to decrease them by almost 40%. Something does not smell right here. Either the Bills are truly the dumbest organization in the league(which is entirely possible) or they are setting it up to lower our average ticket price more & claim hardship next year when the games still don't sell out.

Edited by Gordio

Breaking news - "Bills Keep Ticket Prices Flat - Fans Still Complain"

I get your point. If your point is that a 12.5% increase is keeping prices flat.

Something is fishy going on with this decrease. Why decrease the Rockpile. They were cheap enough & they never had a problem selling them out. If they were going to drop any prices why not the corner upper decks. Those are the seats that have a tough time selling out. Not only a decrease but to decrease them by almost 40%. Something does not smell right here. Either the Bills are truly the dumbest organization in the league(which is entirely possible) or they are setting it up to lower our average ticket price more & claim hardship next year when the games still don't sell out.

I suspect you are right. It makes zero sense if PTR is right, and I'm sure he is, to decrease a soldout section by 40%........You're right - it's those upper corners that have the hardest time selling.

I get your point. If your point is that a 12.5% increase is keeping prices flat.

Hmm, maybe I should reword my breaking news story to read "Bills Fans Complain About Purchasing Preseason Tickets That Every Other NFL Fan is Forced to Purchase". That seems a bit wordy for a title though. I wonder if Wawrow would use that?

Raise prices, people B word. Lower them, people B word. Move games to Toronto, people B word. Bring games back from Toronto, people B word.

PTR

Field a competitive team, people stop bitching.

edit: who am I kidding

field a competitive team, people B word less lol

Edited by section122

Raise prices, people B word. Lower them, people B word. Move games to Toronto, people B word. Bring games back from Toronto, people B word.

PTR

Don't be stupid. You saved $400. Most of us are paying more and getting a worthless game that we were told we wouldn't be getting and paying for full price for that garbage game.

I asked before - please show me one post ever that shows somebody bitching about losing a preseason game to Toronto.

When I started with seasons, before some of you were born, they didn't even have any preseason games here.

Hmm, maybe I should reword my breaking news story to read "Bills Fans Complain About Purchasing Preseason Tickets That Every Other NFL Fan is Forced to Purchase". That seems a bit wordy for a title though. I wonder if Wawrow would use that?

Yeah, skip the fact that they take the regular season game away. Do you happen to have season tickets?