Obama wants cheaper money

Gary M

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-wants-cheaper-pennies-nickels-101600840.html

"Just the administrative cost of minting 4.3 billion pennies costs almost a half-cent per coin by itself, leaving precious little room to make a penny for less than a cent, no matter the raw material used."

Maybe they need to reduce the administration costs? :wallbash:

Whose cousin is working at the mint?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-wants-cheaper-pennies-nickels-101600840.html

"Just the administrative cost of minting 4.3 billion pennies costs almost a half-cent per coin by itself, leaving precious little room to make a penny for less than a cent, no matter the raw material used."

Maybe they need to reduce the administration costs? :wallbash:

Whose cousin is working at the mint?

When you're manufacturing 4 billion units of anything, $21M is not a lot as administrative costs go.

Night Shift reference ?..........................nice.

For all the mocking I do of Obama, it always comes back to two characters: Bill Blazejowski from "Night Shift" and Dewey Oxburger from "Stripes," because no matter how many times I hear Obama trying to explain something...anything...I hear two things all the time:

"What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, WITH the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great"

And this...

"What are you doing? No, no... get off. Get off. See... you gotta make my bunk. See, we're in Italy. The guy on the top bunk, he's gotta make the guy on the bottom's bunk... he's gotta make his bed, all the time. See, it's in the regulations. See, if we were in Germany, I'd have to make yours. But we're in Italy, so you gotta make mine. It's in the regulations.

When you're manufacturing 4 billion units of anything, $21M is not a lot as administrative costs go.

Come on, they punch them out on a damn machine, the problem is they have ten guys standing around to make sure the one pushes the right button.

Come on, they punch them out on a damn machine, the problem is they have ten guys standing around to make sure the one pushes the right button.

Yeah, that's all they do. There's no supply chain or distribution network or any sort of planning whatsoever.

Idiot.