mario or stevie

loserlovers

93 members have voted

1. 1. what would u do?

• mario williams
    • sign sj
    • sign vj
    • sign mario draft 3 wr rounds 2-4

I dont know why more people dont post polls here, its good to see what people really think, instead of only those who post.

So I say, if we resign stevie its like "yeah...more of the same" next year

Id just as soon take every dollar for him and add it to a deal for Mario and be like, " F YA!, I cant wait til next season."

Then we could draft multiple mid round receivers and hope one sticks, stevie wasnt that good and shouldnt be that hard to replace. Even with him our receiving core is a weakness, whats the difference really, next year is still a rebuilding year unless we nail 3-4 draft picks....yea right! get mario!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why more people dont post polls here, its good to see what people really think, instead of only those who post.

Id just as soon take every dollar for him and add it to a deal for Mario and be like, " F YA!, I cant wait til next season."

Then we could draft multiple mid round receivers and hope one sticks, stevie wasnt that good and shouldnt be that hard to replace. Even with him our receiving core is a weakness, whats the difference really, next year is still a rebuilding year unless we nail 3-4 draft picks....yea right! get mario!

Wow, you were probably one of those...OH No Why are we trading Lee Evans guys!!! SJ wasn't that good, based on What, Let's ask Revis (The best CB in the game today) if he's any good, or wait...Is Revis not that good either.

Losing good young players is absolutely not a way to build a winner. You must keep your good young players, and add talent too them...Your post is hilarious!!!!

Wow, you were probably one of those...OH No Why are we trading Lee Evans guys!!! SJ wasn't that good, based on What, Let's ask Revis (The best CB in the game today) if he's any good, or wait...Is Revis not that good either.

Losing good young players is absolutely not a way to build a winner. You must keep your good young players, and add talent too them...Your post is hilarious!!!!

stevie hasnt come close to evans best years and evans never had dumb a$$ penalties or game losing drops. He actually had many game winning catches when it mattered...but it was more than 2 years ago so you probably forgot. Also Drafting new WRs would bring in new players, which was my vote. Stevie was a 7th but you probably forgot that too. You are like a 12yo who says one stat/idea and tries to win the argument on one that one point..."Ask Revis mommy, ask Revis." JESUS!..... Im betting Revis didnt realy give a F^@% and did not take SJ seriously because he is average compared to about 15 other WR's that Revis faced last year. Oh also that Revis knew they would win both games the whole way through. Not that good because well lets see...many crucial drops...i think maybe 2 deep ball tds his whole career....stupid penalties.... very little rac yards this year...not exceptionally tall, not fast and not overly strong....sounds like an average wr living large on a team of 3 and 4 type WR's to be honest

Edited by loserlovers

stevie hasnt come close to evans best years and evans never had dumb a$$ penalties or game losing drops. He actually had many game winning catches when it mattered...but it was more than 2 years ago so you probably forgot. Also Drafting new WRs would bring in new players, which was my vote. Stevie was a 7th but you probably forgot that too. You are like a 12yo who says one stat/idea and tries to win the argument on one that one point..."Ask Revis mommy, ask Revis." JESUS!..... Im betting Revis didnt realy give a F^@% and did not take SJ seriously because he is average compared to about 15 other WR's that Revis faced last year. Oh also that Revis knew they would win both games the whole way through. Not that good because well lets see...many crucial drops...i think maybe 2 deep ball tds his whole career....stupid penalties.... very little rac yards this year...not exceptionally tall, not fast and not overly strong....sounds like an average wr living large on a team of 3 and 4 type WR's to be honest

Evans best year : 2006, 1,292 yards, 8 tds.

Stevies best year. 1,073 yards, 10 Tds

I'll take Tds over yards. Anyone with me on that?

Oh and how does 1000 yard back to back seasons on a terrible team make him bad? What do the other recievers have to do with her performance, besides saying that it is even more impressive that he put those stats up with no other receiving threats on the field. You sir are a fail troll.

Edited by nrod424

This is a stupid post...Stevie is dedicated to this team and had 1000 yds (2nd time in a row...franchise record) with groin issues, being benched, and Fred Jackson blowing up...Mario would be great, but he wouldn't fix our defense as drastically as everyone thinks...he just had a season ending injury for goodness sakes...even if he made us the number 1 def in the league, not having a vet and talent like Stevie on offense would yield far fewer points scored next year....and we need those to win I think.

1329189293[/url]' post='2382758']

stevie hasnt come close to evans best years and evans never had dumb a$ penalties or game losing drops. He actually had many game winning catches when it mattered...but it was more than 2 years ago so you probably forgot. Also Drafting new WRs would bring in new players, which was my vote. Stevie was a 7th but you probably forgot that too. You are like a 12yo who says one stat/idea and tries to win the argument on one that one point..."Ask Revis mommy, ask Revis." JESUS!..... Im betting Revis didnt realy give a F^@% and did not take SJ seriously because he is average compared to about 15 other WR's that Revis faced last year. Oh also that Revis knew they would win both games the whole way through. Not that good because well lets see...many crucial drops...i think maybe 2 deep ball tds his whole career....stupid penalties.... very little rac yards this year...not exceptionally tall, not fast and not overly strong....sounds like an average wr living large on a team of 3 and 4 type WR's to be honest

Someone forgot to take their medicine today!!!

1329194881[/url]' post='2382789']

Very easy to get caught up in a sexy free agent when you don't even know what you have on your own team. Of course, I can't see why we couldn't sign Stevie and Mario.

Because the "we" you are ferrying to is a teamed owned by Ralph Wilson. Do you see why now?

I don't really understand why they can't sign SJ and one of those top FA, but I really think signing SJ has to be the top priority. Taking him out of this offense makes the offense worse. Now could they replace him with someone like VJ and end up with maybe even a better offense? Perhaps, but why take the chance? Build on top of what you already have. The Bills will never grow depth if they keep poking holes in their roster.

You obviously didn't watch the AFC Championship game, huh?

Considering we're approaching franchise tag time and we haven't signed Fred Jackson or Stevie Johnson, I say we'll tag Jackson and let Stevie go. Everyone waive goodbye to SJ!

You can tag a guy with a year left on his contract and who in the hell would tag a 30 year old RB?

You can tag a guy with a year left on his contract and who in the hell would tag a 30 year old RB?

Unfortunately our beloved Bills would do something this dumb.

See: keeping and increasing contract dollars to McGee when we should have signed Greer or overpaying for old Schobel, Kelsey, Walker, Dockery, Mitchell, Davis, etc.....

I don't see the need to get so angry at the OP? He threw out a scenario and asked everyones opinion. Everyone is getting a little bent out of shape because he has a poor opinion of stevie?

Anyway, if it was up to me and I had to choose between those options I think I would sign Mario and draft wideouts. Although I agree with misstheKgun when he said that you have to sign your good young players to build a winner. I would be really tempted to sign Stevie instead. But I vote Mario.

Having said that.. I do think the Bills could do both. If they rolled over last years cap space (which they wont) and then not sign bell or chandler or any other big free agent. Then cut a few certain players. Imo they could do it.

I don't see the need to get so angry at the OP? He threw out a scenario and asked everyones opinion. Everyone is getting a little bent out of shape because he has a poor opinion of stevie?

Anyway, if it was up to me and I had to choose between those options I think I would sign Mario and draft wideouts. Although I agree with misstheKgun when he said that you have to sign your good young players to build a winner. I would be really tempted to sign Stevie instead. But I vote Mario.

Having said that.. I do think the Bills could do both. If they rolled over last years cap space (which they wont) and then not sign bell or chandler or any other big free agent. Then cut a few certain players. Imo they could do it.

Agree with the notion that it is stupid to attack the OP for raising a good voting choice.

Personally, if I was Buddy and actually had a choice of drafting Mario Williams - such a delusion! - at the cost of losing Dropsie Johnson, guess how long it would take me to sign the contract?

So you would give Fitzpatrick TWO rookie wide receivers to work with? Yeah, good luck with that plan. The NFL is a passing league and the Bills' offense dominated the league in offense the first 8 games of last season due in large part to the connection between Stevie Johnson and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Johnson is no doubt the Bills most valuable player on offense.

Not only would I pick Stevie over Williams, I'd also consider drafting Michael Floyd at #10.

I'm certainly not giving a boat load of money to a guy from another team who's missed 14 games the last two seasons. You need to sign Stevie and reinforce the message to the rest of the players that if you produce, you'll be rewarded no matter were you were picked in the draft.

The problem with polls is you gotta get the right choices to find out what people really think.

We need two good WR AND a pass rush. Period. Anything else is just spinning the wheel. We need to resign SJ, sign a quality LB or DE in FA, pref a WR too, AND draft well at both WR and

D.

I don't think the Texans let Williams go. They came THIS close to driving deep into the playoffs without Schaub and Williams. I think the way they see it, we bring both of 'em back and we're going places this year.

So you would give Fitzpatrick TWO rookie wide receivers to work with? Yeah, good luck with that plan. The NFL is a passing league and the Bills' offense dominated the league in offense the first 8 games of last season due in large part to the connection between Stevie Johnson and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Johnson is no doubt the Bills most valuable player on offense.

Not only would I pick Stevie over Williams, I'd also consider drafting Michael Floyd at #10.

I'm certainly not giving a boat load of money to a guy from another team who's missed 14 games the last two seasons. You need to sign Stevie and reinforce the message to the rest of the players that if you produce, you'll be rewarded no matter were you were picked in the draft.

Yeah i probably would. Not that i would blame anybody for choosing to sign stevie instead. As i said i would be tempted to go that route.

To me it would boil down to the fact that i could always sign a big wideout next off season but when would you have a chance to get your hands on a guy like williams again? Thats what swayed me.

Agree with the notion that it is stupid to attack the OP for raising a good voting choice.

Personally, if I was Buddy and actually had a choice of drafting Mario Williams - such a delusion! - at the cost of losing Dropsie Johnson, guess how long it would take me to sign the contract?

Agree that no one should be attacked. Disagree that it's a good voting choice. It's a very limited perspective which frankly doesn't address any alternatives I want to see.

Um, we can't draft Mario Williams, he's already an NFL free agent and the point remains - there is no point in losing our best players on one side of the ball to pick up quality on the other side. In Biochemistry that's called a "Futile Cycle". In Pro Football that's called The Last Twelve Years for the Bills. It's gotta stop b4 we can go anywhere.

Considering we're approaching franchise tag time and we haven't signed Fred Jackson or Stevie Johnson, I say we'll tag Jackson and let Stevie go. Everyone waive goodbye to SJ!

Why on earth would we franchise tag a player who has a year left on his contract? FJ has been promised a new contract in the interest of rewarding performance, but he's contractually obligated to stay with the Bills for another year no matter what. Seriously, Peeps. Facts before Fingers, please.