Sources: Steelers may release Ward.

#34fan

Wow. The fact that some people like this idea is really killing you.

If it's that distasteful, stay the hell off the thread. Who's forcing you to post, buddy?

lol I think the only fact is that it's a dumb idea. I think everyone can agree they are glad you aren't gm. I'm not going to hold back my thoughts so if YOU don't like that you don't have to cry about them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I think the only fact is that it's a dumb idea. I think everyone can agree they are glad you aren't gm. I'm not going to hold back my thoughts so if YOU don't like that you don't have to cry about them.

Translation: -I'm an internet stalker who doesn't know when to quit.

Anyway, hats off to you pal, It's not often that someone's online handle accurately reflects what they are.

Later, Dukey-bomb.

Edited by #34fan

• 3 weeks later...

Heinz Ward is available. He was supposed to make 4 mill a year for the Steelers, and even offered to take less money. Let's assume the Bills can get him for 2 mill a year. I say they do it. He knows Gailey, and can be a great mentor for the younger WR's. Plus, he has a chip on his shoulder and I think will be productive (not like he used to be, but I think he'll be a 2 million dollar WR productive). I don't see any negatives to taking him at that price. I'd even pay 4 mill a year for 2 years for him.

Edited by RyanC883

He couldn't get on the field last year, Why (besides his name) is he a good pickup?

He couldn't get on the field because Wallace and Brown and Sanders and Heath Miller were all options before him in the passing game. He would get on the filed here, and I still think he has something left.

The guy is a future Hall of Famer, the least you could do is spell his name correctly if you want your poll to be taken seriously.

I don't think he has much left in the tank but if he wanted to come in as a #4 or #4 receiver for the veteran minimum that would be great. He'd be a good mentor for Stevie. Maybe we re-sign Stevie, draft a kid in Rd2 and sign Ward.

Stevie

Draft Choice

Nelson

Ward

Jones

Easley

Aiken

Pretty solid WR corps

I like this guy but I'd make him earn his spot on the roster. I seriously doubt he'd go for that and I also doubt he'd make our squad. This guy is the same age Andre Reed was when he landed in Washington and we all know how that season went. Great borderline hall of fame receiver but not the answer. I'd rather see us get T.O. or Moss even with their baggage.

Edited by BiggieScooby

The 4th receiver needs to be able to play special teams. We have coaches to be mentors to our players. Ill pass

I think there is always room on the roster for a veteran leader. From what I read, the young receivers on the Steelers idolize him. We would still have a bunch of WRs to play ST. The only ones who wouldn't would be Stevie and Hines

I think there is always room on the roster for a veteran leader. From what I read, the young receivers on the Steelers idolize him. We would still have a bunch of WRs to play ST. The only ones who wouldn't would be Stevie and Hines

The other thing Hines brings to the table that goes unnoticed is his blocking. Even if he is not putting up the catches like he used to, his blocking would be a big asset to the running game. And his attitude would be a plus too.

Edited by Maddog69

Heinz Ward is available. He was supposed to make 4 mill a year for the Steelers, and even offered to take less money. Let's assume the Bills can get him for 2 mill a year. I say they do it. He knows Gailey, and can be a great mentor for the younger WR's. Plus, he has a chip on his shoulder and I think will be productive (not like he used to be, but I think he'll be a 2 million dollar WR productive). I don't see any negatives to taking him at that price. I'd even pay 4 mill a year for 2 years for him.

Stick a fork in him -- he's done. He was never fast, but he has now crossed the line into SLOW. :thumbdown:

The other thing Hines brings to the table that goes unnoticed is his blocking. Even if he is not putting up the catches like he used to, his blocking would be a big asset to the running game. And his attitude would be a plus too.

We have Kyle Williams, Nick Barnett, Freddy, Fitz, Eric Wood, Levitre, George Wilson, Florence, Merriman, Lindell, Moorman. I think were fine on vet leadership.

We have Kyle Williams, Nick Barnett, Freddy, Fitz, Eric Wood, Levitre, George Wilson, Florence, Merriman, Lindell, Moorman. I think were fine on vet leadership.

There is a difference between being a veteran, and a leader. And none of your aforementioned players are WR's.

Maddog, You are gonna keep 7 wideouts? So now you got 46 roster spots...

so cut one of Easley, Aiken or Jones,

Easley's health is a big ?

Jones and Aiken are just depth guys anyway. There are 1000 guys like them that we could grab off the street in a pinch.

Why risk losing a guy who is young and getting better for a guy who is old and getting worse? I'd rather keep easley, jones and aiken...

Position doesn't matter in terms of being a leader. Ray Lewis runs the Ravens...all postions, even tho he is a LB. We have leaders who can still perform at a high level. Ward would just be a Ochocino 2011 style on any team that signs him.