2012 Summer Movie Preview: Superheroes lead the way again....

Mark Vader

its an okay superhero film. But, I gotta admit, heath ledger's performance is quite possibly the greatest villain performance I have ever seen (matched with Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith, Bill Nighy in Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Gary Oldman in every freaking movie he's ever been in) I still like the 2nd Spider-Man movie, hellboy and (sigh) Daredevil more. Oh crap. I admitted I loved Daredevil. :wallbash: :wallbash:

How great was he as Drexl in True Romance? But then again, that movie was chalk full of great performances.

Drexl Spivey: "No thanks? What does that mean? Means you ate before you came down here? All full. Is that it? Naw, I don't think so. I think you're too scared to be eatin'. Now, see we're sittin' down here, ready to negotiate, and you've already given up your s***. I'm still a mystery to you. But I know exactly where your white ass is comin' from. See, if I asked you if you wanted some dinner and you grabbed an egg roll and started to chow down, I'd say to myself, "This mother*******'s carryin' on like he ain't got a care in the world. Who know? Maybe he don't. Maybe this fool's such a bad mother******, he don't got to worry about nothin', he just sit down, eat my Chinese, watch my TV." See? You ain't even sat down yet. On that TV there, since you been in the room, is a woman with her breasteses hangin' out, and you ain't even bothered to look. You just been clockin' me. Now, I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple of t******."

Edited by Dante

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY hope they don't !@#$ up The Dark Knight Rises, but I just can't escape that feeling that they will. They don't have the marque villains left to use, and every superhero franchise goes to **** in the third movie.

I understand your concern, but this is not your typical superhero franchise. Christopher Nolan has done a tremendous job with this series, and I have all the confidence in the world that this will be a great conclusion to this series.

As for the marquee villains, we are getting Catwoman in this movie. Also villains like the Riddler & Mad Hatter have not been used either.

I understand your concern, but this is not your typical superhero franchise. Christopher Nolan has done a tremendous job with this series, and I have all the confidence in the world that this will be a great conclusion to this series.

As for the marquee villains, we are getting Catwoman in this movie. Also villains like the Riddler & Mad Hatter have not been used either.

I'm a little confused as to why they went with the collapse of the football stadium in the trailer. That type of imagery really doesn't mesh with what they've presented in the first two movies.