Vikings Front Office Gets Command Experience

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/George-Paton-sticking-with-Vikings.html

The Minnesota Vikings announced on their Web site that George Paton has been promoted to assistant general manager.

You would think that with all his military command experience, a guy like George Paton would be a candidate for the top managerial job, not just an assistant. I guess he's still paying for slapping that cowardly but hospitalized grunt level soldier.

Buddy Nix can't be too many years from retirement - - maybe we could lure Paton away from the Vikings then by offering him the top job (assuming he doesn't slap any players on IR in the interim for being unwilling to play "hurt") - - I would think that would be an offer he might be interested in.

Wonder if he's still got the pearl-handled revolvers?

I heard Paton is kinda stiff and doesn't really talk much, probably why he's just an assistant.

Sounds like Ralph's kinda guy, no? But if you prefer somebody who communicates better, maybe Norman Schwarzkopf is available. He always seemed like a good communicator when he was doing those Desert Storm briefings. And if the Patriots start up with the videotape cheating again, maybe he could use his NSA contacts to level the playing field.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead