Lilyhammer, starring Steven Van Zandt

ajzepp

Anyone see this show yet? I saw an ad for it on Netflix and since I (like most everyone else) loved Silvio Dante from The Sopranos, I thought I'd check it out. Here is a trailer in case anyone is interested:

LilyHammer

It's really an odd concept so far...I just watched episode 1 tonight. It's sort of like a fish out of water Sopranos episode.

he was pimping it on stern last week....i might check it out.

Don't expect anything on the level of the Sopranos if you do...so far it had a few laughs, but the acting is pretty weak and the story a little cheesy...but it's funny seeing him in basically the same role as Silvio being stuck out in the middle of nowhere mingling with the locals.

Episode 2 was actually pretty entertaining. Pretty sure I'm gonna keep watching this...it's nice to see Silvio in action again :thumbsup:

Anyone see this show yet? I saw an ad for it on Netflix and since I (like most everyone else) loved Silvio Dante from The Sopranos, I thought I'd check it out. Here is a trailer in case anyone is interested:

LilyHammer

It's really an odd concept so far...I just watched episode 1 tonight. It's sort of like a fish out of water Sopranos episode.

I'm 4 episodes in, and I'm really enjoying it. pretty damned funny at times .....

I'm 4 episodes in, and I'm really enjoying it. pretty damned funny at times .....

I agree...I just finished 3 and I'm definitely in for the duration. It's like this little unassuming town had some terrible wiseguy force just released in their land, and now they have to deal with it...good times :)

Just finished up the season...this is a really odd show but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was sort of silly at times, serious at other times, but enjoyable from start to finish. I heard S2 has been given the green light, but SVZ probably won't be available to film until after the Springsteen tour. I would definitely watch another season of this, though.

agreed, thought this was a great little show haha....you described it well ajzepp, I would also watch season 2....gotta love sil though

Glad you enjoyed it :) Seems like most everyone who watches it really has fun with it...I find myself "missing" it, which is very odd lol. Even if it takes a while, I'm looking forward to S2...almost makes me want to move to Norway! haha

• 3 weeks later...

i haven't taken the netflix plunge yet, and i know this isn't a popular activity on this board, but i can't find lilyhammer on my favorite bit torrent client....does netflix not allow downloading of shows to a hard drive? that's a nice way to keep pirating to a minimum.....

i haven't taken the netflix plunge yet, and i know this isn't a popular activity on this board, but i can't find lilyhammer on my favorite bit torrent client....does netflix not allow downloading of shows to a hard drive? that's a nice way to keep pirating to a minimum.....

To my knowledge you can't download the content...streaming only.

Episode 2 was actually pretty entertaining. Pretty sure I'm gonna keep watching this...it's nice to see Silvio in action again :thumbsup:

I went to see Springsteen and the E Street band in the early 2000's, when "The Sopranos" was in its' heydey. The whole time, all I kept thinking were "my god, I hope he doesn't play for 5 hours, like he is known to do"...and "so weird to see Silvio playing guitar!"

I went to see Springsteen and the E Street band in the early 2000's, when "The Sopranos" was in its' heydey. The whole time, all I kept thinking were "my god, I hope he doesn't play for 5 hours, like he is known to do"...and "so weird to see Silvio playing guitar!"

lol, it is really weird to see him in that element...same with interviews. He's an interesting dude!

lol, it is really weird to see him in that element...same with interviews. He's an interesting dude!

Among my favorites is his weekly radio show - Underground Garage. The dude knows his music history.

• 1 month later...

ok, i am watching it after being able to find it from a source online...question...are there english subtitles? i was able to follow most of the dialog in episode 1, but if there are supposed to be subtitles i may want to find another source so i do not get lost...

episode 1 was great btw...

ok, i am watching it after being able to find it from a source online...question...are there english subtitles? i was able to follow most of the dialog in episode 1, but if there are supposed to be subtitles i may want to find another source so i do not get lost...

episode 1 was great btw...

Yeah, there is a significant amount of the show that is in the native language...definitely need subtities.

Through ep. 5...love it...of course its no sopranos...but its a fun series to piggy back the sopranos

.....SVZ plays a great character...its easy to follow....

I really miss it lol...didn't realize just how much I enjoyed it til it was over

The shows are a ton simpler tha the sopranos...lilyhammer had very 'convenient' story lines. But its raaly fun to watch...interesting to see where the ny stoty lines lead...i'll watch 6-8 tomorrow

I really miss it lol...didn't realize just how much I enjoyed it til it was over

The shows are a ton simpler tha the sopranos...lilyhammer had very 'convenient' story lines. But its raaly fun to watch...interesting to see where the ny stoty lines lead...i'll watch 6-8 tomorrow

Exactly, it's not realistic at all, but lots of fun :)