Prospect of the Day

Estro

Rueben Randle, from my eye, looks to be a perfect fit for what Buddy Nix looks for in a WR. I was just made aware of him a few days ago and after watching some highlight reels and doing some reading on him, I'm real impressed. He's big, 6'4", looks pretty fast, is good at picking up yards after the catch, and can make tough catches in traffic. Looks like he'd be a perfect pick for us in Round 2, but I don't think he'll last that long.

My go to source for NFL Draft Prospect info Nolan Nawrocki of PFW.com currently has him rated as the #3 receiver in the draft, behind Justin Blackmon, and Kendall Wright. He is rated above the likes of Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu and Marvin McNutt.

He is estimated to run the 40 yard dash faster than all of the above prospects with the exception of Kendall Wright whose approximately 6 inches shorter than Randle. Randle was one of the most sought after WR prospects coming out of highschool, where he played both WR and QB. I'd expect this guy to really solidify himself as a 1st round pick at the Combine.

Take a look at his highlights, and let me know if you're as impressed as me. He definitely passes the eyeball test.....1-fast, 2-tall, 3-good run after the catch, 4-goes across the middle/makes tough catches in traffic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qTJkl-4s2k

Also his 2011 stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480208/rueben-randle

Edited by Estro

I'm trying to remember him from the National Champ game....or any other game....

It's a good highlight package. He looks dominant. I'm a little concerned that he catches with his body most of the time and that LSU receivers are never as good as they were in college. Dunno why that is.

Edited by JPS

I'm trying to remember him from the National Champ game....or any other game....

It's a good highlight package. He looks dominant. I'm a little concerned that he catches with his body most of the time and that LSU receivers are never as good as they were in college. Dunno why that is.

Dwayne Bowe is from LSU and half the fan base is dreaming about him...

I've seen him go as high as #19 to the Chicago Bears in the PFW.com mock draft here:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/01/24/mock-draft-10-2

This mock (walterfootball.com) has him going #51 in the second round to the Philadelphia Eagles:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php

So in the range of 19-51 seems to be the projections, although I'd expect him to be a lot closer to #19 than #51 when it's all said and done. I'd love for him to be on the board with the Bills 2nd round pick, but I don't see it happening. You don't find a lot of prospects with the height and speed combination of Rueben Randle.

To answer another posters question....he didn't really show up in either of the games vs. Alabama. I didn't catch their first meeting, but in the Nationl Championship game it's tough to blame him for his poor stat line. Alabama's defense completely stifled LSU's offense and the quarterback from LSU was useless.

I just remember Buddy Nix stressing that a guy like Calvin Johnson is open even when he's covered because he's such a big target. I also know size is a very important aspect with Buddy, so I'm sure Rueben Randle will get a real good look from tghe Bills during the evaluation period.

The more I read about WR's, the more I think there's a really good chance McNutt is guy the Bills would consider...all the more because it seems there's a decent chance he'll still be there in the 2nd round.

I really don't think speed is a priority to the Bills brass and McNutt is a big target that has excellent hands. I know there was a thread about him before, so I won't bother with highlights and such.

I saw a bunch of Randle this year and frankly he just never stood out to me. He never really had the dominant, take over a game type talent. On the other hand, I saw almost nothing of McNutt, so everything I like about him is only from reviews and clips.

Rueben Randle, from my eye, looks to be a perfect fit for what Buddy Nix looks for in a WR. I was just made aware of him a few days ago and after watching some highlight reels and doing some reading on him, I'm real impressed. He's big, 6'4", looks pretty fast, is good at picking up yards after the catch, and can make tough catches in traffic. Looks like he'd be a perfect pick for us in Round 2, but I don't think he'll last that long.

My go to source for NFL Draft Prospect info Nolan Nawrocki of PFW.com currently has him rated as the #3 receiver in the draft, behind Justin Blackmon, and Kendall Wright. He is rated above the likes of Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu and Marvin McNutt.

He is estimated to run the 40 yard dash faster than all of the above prospects with the exception of Kendall Wright whose approximately 6 inches shorter than Randle. Randle was one of the most sought after WR prospects coming out of highschool, where he played both WR and QB. I'd expect this guy to really solidify himself as a 1st round pick at the Combine.

Take a look at his highlights, and let me know if you're as impressed as me. He definitely passes the eyeball test.....1-fast, 2-tall, 3-good run after the catch, 4-goes across the middle/makes tough catches in traffic:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3qTJkl-4s2k

Also his 2011 stats:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480208/rueben-randle

If we sign a FA WR, would you still take Randle?

If we sign a FA WR, would you still take Randle?

If we resign Stevie, and no other FA WR's are brought in then yes, definitely I'd draft him. If we resign Stevie, and go after another big name and land them then no. That situation is highly unlikely though as I don't think the Bills will lay out cash for Stevie and say a V Jack or Bowe.

I think it's key that the Bills resign Stevie. It keeps our options open in the draft. If we were to let him walk.....we'd be forced to draft another WR early and I hate being in that scenario. Stevie is also young, talented, and won't command the $10+ mill a year V Jack and Bowe will get.

My ideal scenario:

Resign Stevie Johnson

Land Vincent Jackson

The two of these things will never happen though. It's just not a realisitc scenario. It's one or the other.

My realisitc best case scenario:

Resign Stevie Johnson

Draft Rueben Randle

Like most fans I'm getting a little nervous that Johnson still isn't locked up. When taking over this team Nix said this team wouldn't hesitate to reward their own talented players, so I hope he keeps his promise. I think a 4 year $32 million w/ maybe $14-$18 of it guaranteed is a fair deal for both sides

The more I read about WR's, the more I think there's a really good chance McNutt is guy the Bills would consider...all the more because it seems there's a decent chance he'll still be there in the 2nd round.

I really don't think speed is a priority to the Bills brass and McNutt is a big target that has excellent hands. I know there was a thread about him before, so I won't bother with highlights and such.

I saw a bunch of Randle this year and frankly he just never stood out to me. He never really had the dominant, take over a game type talent. On the other hand, I saw almost nothing of McNutt, so everything I like about him is only from reviews and clips.

So hard to judge him with the qb play he had. Inconsistent at best.

I've seen him go as high as #19 to the Chicago Bears in the PFW.com mock draft here:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/01/24/mock-draft-10-2

This mock (walterfootball.com) has him going #51 in the second round to the Philadelphia Eagles:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php

So in the range of 19-51 seems to be the projections, although I'd expect him to be a lot closer to #19 than #51 when it's all said and done. I'd love for him to be on the board with the Bills 2nd round pick, but I don't see it happening. You don't find a lot of prospects with the height and speed combination of Rueben Randle.

To answer another posters question....he didn't really show up in either of the games vs. Alabama. I didn't catch their first meeting, but in the Nationl Championship game it's tough to blame him for his poor stat line. Alabama's defense completely stifled LSU's offense and the quarterback from LSU was useless.

I just remember Buddy Nix stressing that a guy like Calvin Johnson is open even when he's covered because he's such a big target. I also know size is a very important aspect with Buddy, so I'm sure Rueben Randle will get a real good look from tghe Bills during the evaluation period.

I don't think he's worth the ten spot and we have plenty of big Receivers. What we need is a deep threat that is a playmaker probably third round or later, it really all depends on FA (hopefully V Jackson).

Nix is pretty clear about what type of receiver he wants. But there is such a need this season by so many teams that it will be very dificult to get one in the early rounds. i can see Randle stock rising well above #42 and i would fall over if we drafted one at #10. Maybe best case is sign Stevie get a solid upgrade at # 1-2 and draft one 3 or 4a 4b. I think Jackson will be out of reach this year with so many needs.

Easley not working out set us back quite alot. But boy i wish we had some speed on the outside again