CJ Spiller wants to be a starter

Justice

The big problem with this is that if your offense is based on both CJ and Freddie being in at the same time, they are in serious trouble if one of them goes down with an injury. It's not like receivers were you can plug and play them. Each back (since they both have distinct and different styles) would have to have a suitable backup that would ensure that the offense doesn't miss a beat. So that would mean the Bills would carry four backs? Two slashers and two pounders?

In theory it sounds great, but in practice the Bills would be foolish to make that their base offense because of the risk of injury totally screwing the base offense and having the Bills changing tracks in season.

I thing the Big Cat was being idealistically enthusiastic. Of course they cannot play every down and we also will not have Vincent Jackson on the team. But man that would be sweet and we would be super bowl bound would't we?

So who are we keeping as a # 3 Choice is FA and who is the other guy again? Rogers??

also i would love to see Corey on the field more (give him the ball please!) and the newer TE smith is a nasty blocker i read somewhere.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't matter when top athletes with easy majors graduate. Most of them don't bother. Spiller stayed an extra semester because his soph and junior rushing numbers weren't impressive. But yeah he's smart enough to play RB in the NFL--not a lot to learn at that spot.

The number of NFL players who graduated in 3 years can probably be counted on one hand. I don't care what his Wonderlic was, as long as he can play. And he obviously proved that once given the chance.

The number of NFL players who graduated in 3 years can probably be counted on one hand. I don't care what his Wonderlic was, as long as he can play. And he obviously proved that once given the chance.

Perhaps the point is that his low brain power kept him on the sidelines longer than he should have been, keeping him from getting his chance.

There are a few explanations ranging from he was a star athlete pushed through the system to possibly he's very smart but has some sort of learning challenge that was showcased in the test setting.

Another possible explanation is that his intelligence is average at best, but that he has a great work ethic and is very responsible and disciplined.

Another possible explanation is that his intelligence is average at best, but that he has a great work ethic and is very responsible and disciplined.

A 10 indicates literacy issues.... Not trying to be a jerk but that's the territory 10 is in. Average score is 20 on the wonderlic. Someone with average smarts and a work ethic should double his score, comfortably.

Perhaps the point is that his low brain power kept him on the sidelines longer than he should have been, keeping him from getting his chance.

This.

Spiller struggled understanding the play calls in the huddle as a rookie which essentially made his rookie year a waste. This was mentioned on-air during the Bills game at Miami in 2010. At Clemson they signalled in the plays from the sideline so he had more time to see what the play was and think it thru.

For a team that has had such cerebral talents as Travis Henry, Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch at RB......to have the distinction of being the slowest-on-uptake of that bunch is quite an accomplishment. :lol:

I thing the Big Cat was being idealistically enthusiastic. Of course they cannot play every down and we also will not have Vincent Jackson on the team. But man that would be sweet and we would be super bowl bound would't we?

So who are we keeping as a # 3 Choice is FA and who is the other guy again? Rogers??

also i would love to see Corey on the field more (give him the ball please!) and the newer TE smith is a nasty blocker i read somewhere.

Ha, thanks.

This.

Spiller struggled understanding the play calls in the huddle as a rookie which essentially made his rookie year a waste. This was mentioned on-air during the Bills game at Miami in 2010. At Clemson they signalled in the plays from the sideline so he had more time to see what the play was and think it thru.

For a team that has had such cerebral talents as Travis Henry, Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch at RB......to have the distinction of being the slowest-on-uptake of that bunch is quite an accomplishment. :lol:

Eh, who cares? The Bills had Freddy. And in any case, the first year in the NFL is irrelevant anyway. :lol: