OG, Dave DeCastro 6'5 310

#34fan

I've been villified for suggesting we take a guard at #10 overall, but If RG3 isn't doable then why not? Our run game was dominant in the early part of the 2011 season, so why not build on that with some sound run-blocking?

Plus if we end up sticking with Fitz, couldn't he use a little help up front?

My only knock on DeCastro is that he could use an extra 20 lbs of muscle. Other than that, #52 is a MACHINE.

Check out

and sound off. Edited by #34fan

The run game was dominant with OG's who are still on the roster, who won't cost a 1st rounder that could be better spent elsewhere.

Like where? and Specifically, like who?

For the love of king and country, please don't say another dang-blasted cornerback.

For the love of king and country, please don't say another dang-blasted cornerback.

:blink:

Has anybody suggested a CB? Multiple LB's, offensive tackles and WR's are all of bigger concern than OG. By all accounts, DeCastro should be great, but OG is one of the least needed positions on the roster.

Guard is among the easiest positions in the NFL to fill. That is why teams do not draft a guard high in the draft. That is why taking a guard at 10 is crazy talk. Especially when the Bills already have two starting quality guards.

It would be a better pick than guard at #10.

I've been villified for suggesting we take a guard at #10 overall, but If RG3 isn't doable then why not? Our run game was dominant in the early part of the 2011 season, so why not build on that with some sound run-blocking?

My only knock on DeCastro is that he could use an extra 20 lbs of muscle. Other than that, #52 is a MACHINE.

Check out

and sound off.

After DT & RB I can't think of a position where we need help less. That being said, if this guy's got the ability to be a perennial all-pro I'd rather have the league's most dominant interior O-line than reach for someone just to fill a hole.

If you want line - go tackle, and you can always move that guy inside if he's not good enough. The tackle is much harder to find than guard if you are going line.

How about a WR? How about Kendall Wright? How about a LT?

I love DeCastro, but Levitre's a great guard and Urbik had good year. Both need to be resigned by next year, so it wouldn't shock me if they did take a G to add depth, but taking one so early when we have holes at WR, CB, DE, LB and T would be akin to taking Trent Richardson if he fell to us.

Check out

and sound off.

I don't need to see the link to sound off. He doesn't fill a position of need.

Check out

and sound off.

We already have guys that don't need to gain 20 Lbs of muscle that are road Graders (Brown, Colin OL 6-7 328, Rinehart, Chad OL 6-5 323) . I Don't understand your obsession with guards when that is our strongest position on the team.

We already have guys that don't need to gain 20 Lbs of muscle that are road Graders (Brown, Colin OL 6-7 328, Rinehart, Chad OL 6-5 323) . I Don't understand your obsession with guards when that is our strongest position on the team.

I disagree. protection was an issue throughout the season. I also think that Fred is such a talented, and instinctive runner, that he made the most of of opportunities a lesser back would have missed.

It also seems like Chan and Lee aren't letting this wildcat thing die. I would think that having aggressive, intelligent, guys up front would improve their luck with this impossibly cheesy formation. I'm not at all impressed with our o-line. I think it lacks (among other things) a standard-bearer. Dave DeCastro doesn't quit, and he understands his job. I seriously doubt he would have been protecting the most valuable player in college football if it were otherwise.

Protection was not an issue throughout the year. Spiller ran well behind the line as well, Fred did not mask any perceived weaknesses in the line. Actually, spiller ran well behind a diminished line with Wood out.

Come on man, you're reaching. No one agrees with you. Just accept it.

I disagree. protection was an issue throughout the season. I also think that Fred is such a talented, and instinctive runner, that he made the most of of opportunities a lesser back would have missed.

It also seems like Chan and Lee aren't letting this wildcat thing die. I would think that having aggressive, intelligent, guys up front would improve their luck with this impossibly cheesy formation. I'm not at all impressed with our o-line. I think it lacks (among other things) a standard-bearer. Dave DeCastro doesn't quit, and he understands his job. I seriously doubt he would have been protecting the most valuable player in college football if it were otherwise.

And you guys say that I'm crazy about Tannehill.

Protection was not an issue throughout the year. Spiller ran well behind the line as well, Fred did not mask any perceived weaknesses in the line. Actually, spiller ran well behind a diminished line with Wood out.

Come on man, you're reaching. No one agrees with you. Just accept it.

I may be reaching a bit, but I'm also envisioning a Bills offense that can pound the rock with authority for the next 6-10 years.

I totally accept the fact that no one here agrees with me. I just wanted people to see the impact this kid was having on games in a pro-style offense. He really plays at a high level.

Edited by #34fan