Interesting...Inverse logic about Gays in the Military

I heard an interesting analysis on Gays in the Military in an airport bar the other day: "Gay guys have been in the military since Alexander, doesn't mean we have to like it, but we do have to recognize the fact that gays have just as much of a duty to protect the country as any of us with the ability. If they want to live here, they better pick up a weapon and stand a post, because if we lose, what's going to happen to them? We took the same oath(speaking to me). We are both honor and duty-bound to put aside our issues and allow them to fight for themselves the same as us. If anything, we're focusing on the wrong people. We should demand that they all serve, because they aren't earning their keep. They are the ones that our enemy hates the most."

So it's the inverse. Instead of allowing them in, he is demanding they serve. Makes you think, huh? Especially the last part. Not saying I agree with it. Is there such a thing as quantifying the average Islamic terrorist's hate and/or categorizing it? (Could be Christian's too if we are talking abortion clinics) Is there a "hate-meter"? :lol: Would we be in less trouble with these maniacs if we weren't so tolerant of gays? If that's true, then isn't he sorta right? Don't the people who cause us the largest % of hate(for lack of a better way to define it) owe us the largest % of service to defend against it? To take it a step further, don't feminists owe us a least 4 year hitches? I think it's safe to say we know what these maniacs would do to them if we lose.

Or, is hate simply an irrational emotion, therefore there's no real way to quantify it, therefore it's silly to try and say who owes the most?

Hard to say, isn't it? If you REALLY think about it, and not simply play your automated PC message that I am sure we will see in this thread: "This is (insert (*^*&%^$^#poster here). You are a bigot because you said something that doesn't fit into my absolutist PC thinking. It challenges it, and therefore threatens me, and my perception of my intellect, so I will call you names instead. Beep!"

I heard an interesting analysis on Gays in the Military in an airport bar the other day: "Gay guys have been in the military since Alexander, doesn't mean we have to like it, but we do have to recognize the fact that gays have just as much of a duty to protect the country as any of us with the ability. If they want to live here, they better pick up a weapon and stand a post, because if we lose, what's going to happen to them? We took the same oath(speaking to me). We are both honor and duty-bound to put aside our issues and allow them to fight for themselves the same as us. If anything, we're focusing on the wrong people. We should demand that they all serve, because they aren't earning their keep. They are the ones that our enemy hates the most."

So it's the inverse. Instead of allowing them in, he is demanding they serve. Makes you think, huh? Especially the last part. Not saying I agree with it. Is there such a thing as quantifying the average Islamic terrorist's hate and/or categorizing it? (Could be Christian's too if we are talking abortion clinics) Is there a "hate-meter"? :lol: Would we be in less trouble with these maniacs if we weren't so tolerant of gays? If that's true, then isn't he sorta right? Don't the people who cause us the largest % of hate(for lack of a better way to define it) owe us the largest % of service to defend against it? To take it a step further, don't feminists owe us a least 4 year hitches? I think it's safe to say we know what these maniacs would do to them if we lose.

Or, is hate simply an irrational emotion, therefore there's no real way to quantify it, therefore it's silly to try and say who owes the most?

Hard to say, isn't it? If you REALLY think about it, and not simply play your automated PC message that I am sure we will see in this thread: "This is (insert (*^*&%^$^#poster here). You are a bigot because you said something that doesn't fit into my absolutist PC thinking. It challenges it, and therefore threatens me, and my perception of my intellect, so I will call you names instead. Beep!"

Do you still have your Christmas lights up?

Do you still have your Christmas lights up?

I'd like to tell myself that I'm too busy for things like Christmas lights, but, the truth is I'm too lazy and apathetic for them.

The difference is: you are too lazy and apathetic towards knowing the material we discuss here.

Yours are on, but there's nobody home.

Your elevator does not go to the top floor

I'd like to tell myself that I'm too busy for things like Christmas lights, but, the truth is I'm too lazy and apathetic for them.

The difference is: you are too lazy and apathetic towards knowing the material we discuss here.

OMG !!! You don't put up Christmas Lights???? What the f is wrong with you?

I'd have to go with this.

Service is not mandatory, nor should any demographic group be 'expected' to contribute arbitrary percentages to the military. But I am in favor of military members being welcoming to gays who want to serve.

As much as some people were warning that there would be problems to ending DADT and that it might be the ruin of the military at an important time, such is the makings of our military that they have handled the change with such professionalism and proved that it's really not a big deal. More was made of it in the halls of Congress and among the worrywart dinosaur set who think that soldiers might be afraid of homosexual people. Well on us to be done with the useless bureaucratic tonnage and personnel losses this policy caused over 20 years.

Certainly, gays should probably be considerably more motivated to fight. I'd be chomping at the bit to tackle those who consider me an abomination. And that includes bigoted fundamentals in America. I suppose I'd have a thicker skin, though.

The guy you quote has it wrong, though. "They are not earning their keep because our enemy hates them the most." No. Absolutely not. I refuse to foist disproportionate expectations upon any group because they just so happen to be the target.

Let's say there's a mass murderer who fires randomly into crowds with the aim of killing as many blonde women as possible. He just despises them. Your daughter is a blonde woman. Is it her responsibility to join the police force because, hey, she got us into this mess?