pre combine 3rd draft

Here we go Rd 1 Jonathon Martin O.T. Stanford 6-6 310 No pass rushers worth this spot ,this year. Hate tackles with 1st pick. But maybe we luck out.

Rd 2 Vin Curry Marshall 6-3 265 I like this kid at this spot. Lots of sacks and long arms.

Rd 3 Bruce Irvin 6-2 245 West Virginia Big fast 4.54 forty 4-3 type olb.

Let it rip.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy with that. Then with our next picks we could go WR and CB. Reading a lot and checking Youtube (I don't profess to be a pro!!!)--Brian Quick seems like an interesting WR, big body who might fit Buddy's "uncovered when he's covered" criteria. Not sure about CBs (Trumaine Johnson and Josh Norman--small school guys with big school size). Being realistic as to who will be there in the 4th, any thoughts on WR and CB? I think those would be your 4th round picks unless you roll the dice on a "developmental QB" who will probably not develop. Next year we can afford to gamble on a QB. This year we need bodies to play!

Here we go Rd 1 Jonathon Martin O.T. Stanford 6-6 310 No pass rushers worth this spot ,this year. Hate tackles with 1st pick. But maybe we luck out.

Rd 2 Vin Curry Marshall 6-3 265 I like this kid at this spot. Lots of sacks and long arms.

Let it rip.

If they found a pass rusher in FA, I wouldn't hate this....but I think I would still take Upshaw to play sslb

From what I saw in the Senior Bowl and what Curry will do at the combine...he's looking like a 1st rounder. The Bills need so much, it's hard to argue with any pick...except cornerback. If the Bills take a cornerback, it is a great indication that this regime just does not get it either.

I say follow the Dareus philosophy. Wait til AFTER the combine and draft the pass rusher who "wins." Dareus wasn't even considered a top 5 pick until he dominated at the combine.

After watching the Super Bowl, did the Giants win because of good OL play or because of good pass rushing??

Edited by mountainwampus

I don't like any OT at #10. Profootballfocus.com just had a piece about Demetrius Bell being one of our most improved players this past season. I know. Bell has a history of injuries but that does not mean he will continue to get injured. He has now shown he is a quality Left Tackle.

With pick #10, Buffalo should be looking for a definite upgrade; someone you can start from day 1 and he will play. With a healthy Bell, Martin would be a pine sitter, perhaps for his entire career. I want more from pick #10 than a career back up.

I say follow the Dareus philosophy. Wait til AFTER the combine and draft the pass rusher who "wins." Dareus wasn't even considered a top 5 pick until he dominated at the combine.

After watching the Super Bowl, did the Giants win because of good OL play or because of good pass rushing??

Completely wrong. Apparently you don't really follow college football. Dareus became an expected early first round pick when he destroyed Colt McCoy in the BCS game TWO YEARS AGO.

I don't like any OT at #10. Profootballfocus.com just had a piece about Demetrius Bell being one of our most improved players this past season. I know. Bell has a history of injuries but that does not mean he will continue to get injured. He has now shown he is a quality Left Tackle.

With pick #10, Buffalo should be looking for a definite upgrade; someone you can start from day 1 and he will play. With a healthy Bell, Martin would be a pine sitter, perhaps for his entire career. I want more from pick #10 than a career back up.

Completely wrong. Apparently you don't really follow college football. Dareus became an expected early first round pick when he destroyed Colt McCoy in the BCS game TWO YEARS AGO.

Whatever dude. Before the combine, all the attention was on Nick Fairley as the top DT, plus Cam, Bowers,Peterson, Quinn, Gabbert, etc. Dareus was rated 5-20 overall on the pre-combine mocks. I studied them.

Dareus beat out every other big guy at the combine, is that wrong? Because you say I'm completely wrong.

Edited by Just Jack
removed name calling

From what I saw in the Senior Bowl and what Curry will do at the combine...he's looking like a 1st rounder. The Bills need so much, it's hard to argue with any pick...except cornerback. If the Bills take a cornerback, it is a great indication that this regime just does not get it either.

I agree. With the new NFL rules, taking a corner in the first has become a wasted pick. Pass rushers, OL or WR are the much more productive options since their impact on the game has not been effected by these passing friendly rules.

Let it rip.

I like your draft. I see a top quality OT, a top quality 4-3 DE, and a top quality 4-3 OLB. Nothing to dislike about it. While we need a pass rusher, and I would love to take one at 10, there do not appear to be any worthy of that pick. I'd go with Martin, or any of the other top OT's. My only reservation is that Curry plays his way into the first round, which we could perhaps move back into by trading one of our fourths and swapping some other pick. As an alternative, we could, (flame away at this) trade down to get Curry and get another 2nd round pick. Then we could draft another DL and OLB in the 2nd. Use the 3rd and 4ths for OT, WR, CB's.

Edited by RyanC883

Whatever dude. Before the combine, all the attention was on Nick Fairley as the top DT, plus Cam, Bowers,Peterson, Quinn, Gabbert, etc. Dareus was rated 5-20 overall on the pre-combine mocks. I studied them.

Dareus beat out every other big guy at the combine, is that wrong? Because you say I'm completely wrong.

:huh:

Why you getting so upset?

No offense...But like others have pointed out, Dareus was an Elite Prospect for quite some time before The Combine...I know Mayock had Dareus at, or near, #1 overall leading up to the Combine...Dareus was an elite Prospect before and after Indy...I'm not sure what Mocks and Ratings you were studying...Opinions on these Kids are like...well...you know...But Dareus was clearly thought of as a Top 5 on anybody's Board that mattered...Just saying B-)

:huh:

Why you getting so upset?

No offense...But like others have pointed out, Dareus was an Elite Prospect for quite some time before The Combine...I know Mayock had Dareus at, or near, #1 overall leading up to the Combine...Dareus was an elite Prospect before and after Indy...I'm not sure what Mocks and Ratings you were studying...Opinions on these Kids are like...well...you know...But Dareus was clearly thought of as a Top 5 on anybody's Board that mattered...Just saying B-)

I disagree. This is nothing but football Hipsterism "I knew about this guy before he was cool" talk. He was on every top 5 AFTER the combine. The talk of the combine was how good Dareus did and how his stock shot up. His early scout reports said there wasn't much film on him because he was only a 1 year starter. There was lots of talk about Bowers or Fairley being #1 overall. Am I the only one that remembers this?

Here's a pre-combine mock.

Sure, Mayock had him, but he was the only one. Are you saying Mayock is the only one that matters? Hindsight is 20/20

Edited by mountainwampus

Here are some pre-combine mocks. Trying to find one that has Dareus in the top 5, but not finding any, even from Mayock. <_<

SI has him at 6

Draft Monsters has him at 6

He's at 11 here

yeah he's not top 5 he's top 6! :bag:

Is it me or did you completely defeat your own argument with these links? Everyone (well apparently not everyone) knew who Dareus was and had him slated high in the first round pre-combine.

yeah he's not top 5 he's top 6! :bag:

Is it me or did you completely defeat your own argument with these links? Everyone (well apparently not everyone) knew who Dareus was and had him slated high in the first round pre-combine.

I was very specific when I said "Dareus wasn't even considered a top 5 pick until he dominated at the combine" and was called "COMPLETELY WRONG" but I'm just telling it as it is. Can we drop all the nit-picking and football hipsterisms??

Anyone care to comment on this years draft? How about, what won the Super Bowl, pass rush or O-line?

No takers? Well, obviously it was the pass rush for the Giants that was the key to beating the Pats*

Also, when I mentioned how Dareus improved his draft stock at the combine last year, I had a player in mind that will do that this year: Dont'a Hightower. I think most mocks have him at 12-20 overall right now (not sure where Mayock has him), but after he runs a 4.6 40 and lifts and dominates in the position drills, I could see him rising to the Bills. I was high on Upshaw til someone mentioned he has short arms.

I was very specific when I said "Dareus wasn't even considered a top 5 pick until he dominated at the combine" and was called "COMPLETELY WRONG" but I'm just telling it as it is. Can we drop all the nit-picking and football hipsterisms??

... football hipsterism?

I totally used that term before you even knew about it. Lame.