really interesting point about 12 men on the field

Isnt there a penalty where time is run off the click after the 2 minute warning if there is an injury and a team is out of time outs? Well if you can run time off the clock, why can't to put time back on the clock?

Because the time run off is to prevent teams/defenses from showing bad sportsmanship and faking an injury. It is to prevent an unfair advantage.

Putting time back on the clock would be giving the Offense a similar unfair advantage.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

Isnt there a penalty where time is run off the click after the 2 minute warning if there is an injury and a team is out of time outs? Well if you can run time off the clock, why can't to put time back on the clock?

Because in addition to being a horrible idea, it disrupts the space-time continum.

Plus, most Bills coaches haven't been able to manage the clock moving in one direction. Can you imagine Dick Jauron trying to make a decision about whether to put time back on the clock??

It seems to me that purposely putting a 12th man on the field to eat up the clock is just as shady as faking an injury to stop the clock. I'm not necessarily saying they should put time back on but I don't think it can't be considered either.

Well then you'd have to do that for any defensive penalty; it's just as easy to hold the WRs or line up in the neutral zone to get a jump on the pass rush as it is to put 12 men on the field.

It's pretty hard to legislate away every tiny bit of possible gamesmanship without ruining the game.