Surprised how little attention is paid to Fred here.

I really felt some excitement watching the Bills with FJ. Not my imagination, the man was #2 in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt. Now it's all trade Fred for a 3rd, sign Stevie, Fitz is great but for the rib, CJ had a 100 yard game, we don't need Fred.

Just venting, but it would just kill me if they don't keep Fred.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meh. He's under contract. If OBD is seriously entertaining trading Fred, it's only so they can draft another quality RB for the future. :w00t:

In all seriousness, I don't think it's anywhere near possible that the Bills don't get all the value they can out of a cheap and controllable asset for at least one more year. What happens after that is anybody's guess. Hell, what if he came back out of sync after the injury? I hope not, but anything can happen.

Personally, I am just hoping Chan figures out how to get both FredEx and CJ on the field wreaking havoc on defenses together.

I really felt some excitement watching the Bills with FJ. Not my imagination, the man was #2 in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt. Now it's all trade Fred for a 3rd, sign Stevie, Fitz is great but for the rib, CJ had a 100 yard game, we don't need Fred.

Just venting, but it would just kill me if they don't keep Fred.

I think that every scenario involving Fred Jackson has been discussed and dissected ad nauseum. There is nothing new to report or talk about.

another sign of boredom of the off season... nothing new to talk about so lets bring up the same stuff again... im sorry im just venting, but unless we wait another 3/4 months then we finally can talk about FJ. Its the same talk about Luck. Every post that people put up about him, i remember they even came just after the draft, and after the first preseason game... i mean come on, i know we had a short year, but lets at least wait for espn to start their talks before we bring up the same stuff.

Fred Jackson was the Bills MVP before his accident. He would have been a pro bowler this year. The Bills simply cannot let their best offensive player go even after next season when he's completed his contract. The team has no better asset than Fred when he's healthy. Fred gets his payday or Nix has, based on his comments some explaining to do.

Fred Jackson was the Bills MVP before his accident. He would have been a pro bowler this year. The Bills simply cannot let their best offensive player go even after next season when he's completed his contract. The team has no better asset than Fred when he's healthy. Fred gets his payday or Nix has, based on his comments some explaining to do.

Agree 100 per cent. Thats what we need to do, not chase around some old carpet bagger FA.

Agree 100 per cent. Thats what we need to do, not chase around some old carpet bagger FA.

That's all well and good but I still don't understand why people see a need for the rush. People need to realize the concept of an expiring contract in relation to a non-expiring contract. Freddie will get his money but what good is it prioritizing him ahead of guys like Stevie and Chandler whose contracts actually expire in a few weeks time at this point. Further what good is it prioritizing re-signing him to a new contract instead of negotiating with free agents from other teams during the free agent negotiating period. There is about 4-5 months time to get a deal done after you deal with the guys whose contracts are actually expiring. Let's what until at least April to complain about it.

While we're at it can we stop pretending that Nix doesn't have a plan in regards to re-signing his own? The pattern is pretty clear. You work on the contracts going into the last year starting in the prior off season and try to work to a deal by the end of training camp or during the season if the player is open to that. Last year things got pushed back a bit by the lockout but he has already extended 5 players whose contracts were expiring this year (Kyle, Fitz, Pears, Sanborn, Lindell). He'll deal with Jackson, Byrd, and Levitre in the summer.

Edited by Erik

You guys really need to leave the Fred situation alone already... Buddy said publicly that Fred'scontract will be dealt with before the season starts...

Whether it's tomorrow or 3 months from now or even a day before minicamp, it WILL get done...

We all love Fred just leave the business side of things alone especially while he's still under contract...

The Stevie posts I understand cuz it's either come to an agreement or he's gone...

Stop trying to be Fred's agent on here it's not cute anymore...

The OP is right, no question. I've thought the same thing for months.

Jackson is this team's No. 1 asset.

"Ad nauseum?" Wow. Utter nonsense. Brady's wife gets more play here than he does. That's nauseating. We have a superstar here, and few on this board, or OBD publicly, talk about it.

Edited by JustinAtlanta

"Ad nauseum?" Wow. Utter nonsense. Brady's wife gets more play here than he does. That's nauseating. We have a superstar here, and few on this board, or OBD publicly, talk about it.

Exactly. Lock Fred into a life time contract NOW, and quit playing the we got all year to think about it game.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

To put it simply, Gisele made news yesterday. Freddie last made news around October.

Plus, it is a longstanding OBD policy to not comment on contract situations.

He is still under contract for another season. Relax.

At this point, what else can you say about Fred that hasnt already been said? Yes, ad nauseum is fitting.

another sign of boredom of the off season... nothing new to talk about so lets bring up the same stuff again... im sorry im just venting, but unless we wait another 3/4 months then we finally can talk about FJ. Its the same talk about Luck. Every post that people put up about him, i remember they even came just after the draft, and after the first preseason game... i mean come on, i know we had a short year, but lets at least wait for espn to start their talks before we bring up the same stuff.

I think people have gotten tired of the Bills even more quickly this offseason. I don't see the draft putting much starch into people either. There was a lot more chatter last year at this time. Interesting. Just not very much to talk about ... a team full of frankly, uninteresting players coming off a lousy season . At least last year, they finished strong and people were getting fired up for the draft. This year feels different, you pretty much lose out the entire second half of the season getting crushed by everyone but still draft too low to have any big things to look forward to . Not a good spot to be in. I think some one should start a thread on strange or wild things that happened at tailgate parties this year. Maybe that will brighten peoples days.