Gronk taking some heat for his post-game partying

tomdayfan

Personally, I couldn't care less (though the white boy wasted shirtless dancing with a bunch of guys is pretty strange). But your point about SJ is an excellent one. A lot of people are looking to jump down the throats of anything Bills related. IF SJ did this after a loss, much less a SB, people would want his head.

Side note, Gronk may be the biggest meathead to play in the league in a long time. If he was born earlier, he would have been the perfect bully in 80s movies.

It's one thing to knock a guy for play on the field. If Gronk fumbled and cost the Pats the game, it would be another story. But the guy suffered one of the worst looking ankle rolls I have ever seen, and returned to play in the big game. This is a non-story.

Yes, if SJ did one of his patented drops on a potential game winning drive...Then celebrated it up, sure people could get mad and have a legitimate gripe. But if he played the game hard, nothing wrong with a little fun after the game to unwind. Win or lose.

I'm sure many of us have played sports. Losing always sucked, and it was hard, especially right after the game...Did that stop you from going out with your friends later though? Never, at least not in my case. Doesn't mean we didn't care.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm surprised this is being over-looked so much. I would personally be irate if I saw Bills players partying like this after losing a superbowl (which they probably did we just didn't have the internet back then to catch it). I understand the season is over and it's time for vacations and all but doing this just hours after losing a superbowl, especially one that was such a tough loss? You would think someone who really had their heart in the game wouldn't be much into partying and celebrating that very night.

Wow, this and the wife story surprise me..both are non stories in my mind.

I know not the same, but i partied hard after the last game of the year in college...and the last game was never a win. Losing in game to goto national championships is killer as you have worked for 11 months to get there...

God bless Gronk for having some fun...sure the release of pressure at the game being over contributes

Wow, this and the wife story surprise me..both are non stories in my mind.

I know not the same, but i partied hard after the last game of the year in college...and the last game was never a win. Losing in game to goto national championships is killer as you have worked for 11 months to get there...

God bless Gronk for having some fun...sure the release of pressure at the game being over contributes

I generally agree and we took special brownies on the bus trip from my last college game my senior and partied pretty hard that night.

But I do get where people would be upset. Granted most Pats fans didn't exist before 2001, so this is as close to tough times as they have experienced. But when you are crying because your favorite team lost, then you see one of the star players dancing (on a hurt ankle no less) and partying hours after the game, it just seems like they care less than the fans do. And probably some do.

I generally agree and we took special brownies on the bus trip from my last college game my senior and partied pretty hard that night.

But I do get where people would be upset. Granted most Pats fans didn't exist before 2001, so this is as close to tough times as they have experienced. But when you are crying because your favorite team lost, then you see one of the star players dancing (on a hurt ankle no less) and partying hours after the game, it just seems like they care less than the fans do. And probably some do.

Bravo, Biscuit, for that very sly and accurate observation! :worthy:

I am reminded, btw, of 1977, when OJ hurt his knee at the Seattle game and was out for the second half of the seaon. A little while later, the Courier-Express carried a pic of the Juice dancing at a disco. No Internet back then, but the barrooms were alive with criticism of how his knee looked fine.

(Of course, then as now, there is a big difference between vaguely moving on a dance floor and making cuts on a football field—points often lost in such discussions.)

BB should make an example of him and trade him to the Bills for a fifth. That will teach him ! Never again will he party after a superbowl. :)

That is a funny way to look at it. I'll take it. Nix, get it done!@ :thumbsup:

Wow, I'm surprised this is being over-looked so much. I would personally be irate if I saw Bills players partying like this after losing a superbowl (which they probably did we just didn't have the internet back then to catch it). I understand the season is over and it's time for vacations and all but doing this just hours after losing a superbowl, especially one that was such a tough loss? You would think someone who really had their heart in the game wouldn't be much into partying and celebrating that very night.

I agree. Partying in the offseason ok. The night you loose when you drop a ball is a bit odd. Perhaps its his way of dealing with it (if so, he may need to see an AA counselor). I'd be pissed off, in bed, and planning on taking a few weeks off to relax before getting ready for next year. That said, I'd still take this guy on our team!