CHRONICLE

CosmicBills

I saw it Friday night and was more than impressed by it. Even more so by the fact it was a 14 million dollar budget (which I know shouldn't factor into it -- but for movie nerds like me it's impossible not register that). Everyone has been clamoring for Hollywood to make original movies; this is for that crowd. It's a fun spin on the super hero genre -- dark and haunting yet fun.

Anyone else check it out?

I saw it Friday night and was more than impressed by it. Even more so by the fact it was a 14 million dollar budget (which I know shouldn't factor into it -- but for movie nerds like me it's impossible not register that). Everyone has been clamoring for Hollywood to make original movies; this is for that crowd. It's a fun spin on the super hero genre -- dark and haunting yet fun.

Anyone else check it out?

Heard it was very good. Might check it out this weekend.

I saw it. I liked it despite some flaws with it. My biggest gripe with it was it was too determined to follow through with the "found footage" gimmick. It really made for some awkward moments. Overall it was better than I expected. One thing this movie does a great job of is getting across how people would react to gaining powers like these and what kinds of things they would do with them. I think a lot of super hero movies really under sell this aspect.

Saw it last night and really liked it. I rarely go to the movies because I'm usually disappointed with the movie vs cost of the tickets, but this one seemed like it was going to be fun so I wanted to see it. I'm glad I did. I agree with Fong, the found footage at toward the end of the movie got annoying, but I understand the point. I would have had an equally unfavorable reaction if they all of a sudden dumped that angle at the end. I think it would have been easier to just throw in the one guy controlling every camera nearby and getting footage from every angle

kind of a continuation of what happened at the needle

Outside of that, I thought it was great, and they really did a lot with that 14 mil tgreg. It's pretty rare that I would expect a movie like this to be entertaining, suspenseful, and have an ending that I actually liked. And the wife liked it too!

Edited by Faustus

Glad I'm not alone in digging this flick. I'm a huge fan of the writer (Max Landis) who is the newest wunderkind of the screenwriting ranks but even so I wasn't sure what to expect from the movie. It's just nice to see something fresh that actually lived up to the billing.