Some interesting Super Bowl Tidbits

section122

All of these are from the same article but none the less just some things I found interesting

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17143832/super-bowl-judgements-manninghams-catch-review-surprised-him-a-little

Manningham's quote about his catch "After I caught that, I figured we're going to win," he said. What he didn't know, he conceded, was how officials would judge it -- and consider this a shot at New England, the NFL or both. "I kinda figured [i was in]," he said, "but I didn't know what the ref was going to do. Knowing who we were playing against and how things operate around here."

The Giants are the first team to be outscored in the regular season and win the Super Bowl. They're also the first team to allow 400 points in the regular season and the first to overcome a four-game losing streak.

In his past three games vs. the Giants, he's (Brady) been sacked nine times, had as many turnovers (5) as touchdown passes (5) and gone 0 for 3, including two Super Bowl losses.

This makes Bill Belichick 3-0 in Super Bowls pre-Spygate; 0-2 post-Spygate.

When old NFL teams wins, meaning the NFC, it's bull market; when it's old AFL teams it's a bear market. That's not my opinion; it's based on something called the Super Bowl Indicator (SBI), and it's been correct 33 of 41 times.

4: Super Bowl losses for New England, tying the Bills, Broncos and Vikings for the most

5-1: Tom Coughlin vs. Bill Belichick, including the regular season

21: Yards, the longest play for New England

I know there are many similarities for the Giants between this year and 07 and will try to find them. I love some of these though... Coughlin owns Belicheat, NE long play of 21 yards? maybe the dink and dunk offense comment was correct, and Manningham's quote! So in the last week Dareus and now Manningham have both made reference to favortism towards Brady and the Pats*.

All of these are from the same article but none the less just some things I found interesting

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17143832/super-bowl-judgements-manninghams-catch-review-surprised-him-a-little

Manningham's quote about his catch "After I caught that, I figured we're going to win," he said. What he didn't know, he conceded, was how officials would judge it -- and consider this a shot at New England, the NFL or both. "I kinda figured [i was in]," he said, "but I didn't know what the ref was going to do. Knowing who we were playing against and how things operate around here."

Manningham knows.

I can't find the similarities between the last 2 giants super bowl runs but know it included a lot of fun facts. They aired it on sports center last night. Does anyone have a link to it or remember any of the facts? My memory from last night is a bit hazy 0:)

I disagree...I was shocked when they called intentional grounding on the first play, I knew it was not going to go all the Pats way.

there is no doubt Cry Brady was throwing that away but dont agree with the call...dont see how the refs can determine the receiver was running the route he was supposed to run or there was miscommunication

how many times have we seen the QB throw the ball out of the end zone 20 rows deep into the stands while under pressure and no flag

i dont agree that the ref can make that determination

Edited by Max997

I was throwing a fit thinking the flag was going to be against Tuck for hitting Brady. :lol:

I guess it's a conditioned response. I was looking for a flag on Tuck twice yesterday even though his hits were legal. Apparently there was a snag in the off shore payoff transfer to the refs from Kraft.

Plus then Tuck had the nerve not to start tebowing.But Instead he was "tucking". Whats up with that? The Bills need to find there own Tuck like beast.

I guess it's a conditioned response. I was looking for a flag on Tuck twice yesterday even though his hits were legal. Apparently there was a snag in the off shore payoff transfer to the refs from Kraft.

Plus then Tuck had the nerve not to start tebowing.But Instead he was "tucking". Whats up with that? The Bills need to find there own Tuck like beast.

i thought for sure they were going to call roughing the passer on the long interception

there is no doubt Cry Brady was throwing that away but dont agree with the call...dont see how the refs can determine the receiver was running the route he was supposed to run or there was miscommunication

how many times have we seen the QB throw the ball out of the end zone 20 rows deep into the stands while under pressure and no flag

i dont agree that the ref can make that determination

that was blatant intentional grounding. I think the issue is people are used to seeing the qb throw the ball away short or at his lineman's feet. If you watch the replay there is no wr within 30 yards of where the ball landed. That is not a missed route especially with the time Brady had. He saw the pressure and threw it away. He just chose to do so in the middle of the field imo hoping that the ref wouldn't call it doesn't look like the traditional penalty. I was jumping up and down yelling that it should be intentional grounding and loved that they actually threw the flag.

some more that I stumbled across:

In the postseason, the Giants finished 3-0 on the road. All other teams finished 0-9 on the road

Tom Brady completed 25 of his first 31 pass attempts, then two of his final 10 attempts. Eli Manning completed 25 of his first 34 pass attempts, then five of his final six attempts

The Packers and Giants, the last two Super Bowl champions, were a combined 19-13 during the regular season followed by a combined 8-0 in the postseason.

Eli Manning is 7-0 as a starter on the road in the playoffs, with 12 touchdown passes versus two interceptions.

Eleven undrafted free agents started in the Super Bowl, versus 10 first-round draft choices(bold because this can't go overlooked!)

Danny Woodhead became the second Chadron State player to appear in the Super Bowl, after Don Beebe, with the Bills and Packers. (It's no Coe College)

The Giants are the first team to be outscored in the regular season and win the Super Bowl. They're also the first team to allow 400 points in the regular season and the first to overcome a four-game losing streak.

In his past three games vs. the Giants, he's (Brady) been sacked nine times, had as many turnovers (5) as touchdown passes (5) and gone 0 for 3, including two Super Bowl losses.

This makes Bill Belichick 3-0 in Super Bowls pre-Spygate; 0-2 post-Spygate.

When old NFL teams wins, meaning the NFC, it's bull market; when it's old AFL teams it's a bear market. That's not my opinion; it's based on something called the Super Bowl Indicator (SBI), and it's been correct 33 of 41 times.

4: Super Bowl losses for New England, tying the Bills, Broncos and Vikings for the most

5-1: Tom Coughlin vs. Bill Belichick, including the regular season

21: Yards, the longest play for New England

I know there are many similarities for the Giants between this year and 07 and will try to find them. I love some of these though... Coughlin owns Belicheat, NE long play of 21 yards? maybe the dink and dunk offense comment was correct, and Manningham's quote! So in the last week Dareus and now Manningham have both made reference to favortism towards Brady and the Pats*.

They mention favoritism because it exists. Funny how elite, short throw Brady looks when he has a real defense in his face and they aren't playing with a 20 point lead by the 3rd quarter.

that was blatant intentional grounding. I think the issue is people are used to seeing the qb throw the ball away short or at his lineman's feet. If you watch the replay there is no wr within 30 yards of where the ball landed. That is not a missed route especially with the time Brady had. He saw the pressure and threw it away. He just chose to do so in the middle of the field imo hoping that the ref wouldn't call it doesn't look like the traditional penalty. I was jumping up and down yelling that it should be intentional grounding and loved that they actually threw the flag.

:thumbsup:

some more that I stumbled across:

In the postseason, the Giants finished 3-0 on the road. All other teams finished 0-9 on the road

Tom Brady completed 25 of his first 31 pass attempts, then two of his final 10 attempts. Eli Manning completed 25 of his first 34 pass attempts, then five of his final six attempts

The Packers and Giants, the last two Super Bowl champions, were a combined 19-13 during the regular season followed by a combined 8-0 in the postseason.

Eli Manning is 7-0 as a starter on the road in the playoffs, with 12 touchdown passes versus two interceptions.

Eleven undrafted free agents started in the Super Bowl, versus 10 first-round draft choices(bold because this can't go overlooked!)

Danny Woodhead became the second Chadron State player to appear in the Super Bowl, after Don Beebe, with the Bills and Packers. (It's no Coe College)

How many undrafted free agent starters are we away from our big push?

They mention favoritism because it exists. Funny how elite, short throw Brady looks when he has a real defense in his face and they aren't playing with a 20 point lead by the 3rd quarter.

:thumbsup:

As opposed to playing arena league defenses building 20 point leads by halftime? How many touchdowns against Denvers D a couple of weeks ago? I get the dislike but that's just silly.