Windfall: The Movie

The bats in Wyoming and Erie Counties have all died from their lungs exploding due to the massive low pressure areas created by fan blades turning... Oh wait, no they haven't. My personal favorite fallacy spread by the morons who oppose wind turbines solely because they didn't get a big check from the wind company like their neighbors did is all the unconfirmed unprovable health problems that no one is suffering that are supposedly created by having the towers near you.

What a joke. I love biased bullcrap documentaries telling half (or less) of a story, written and directed by hacks with an obvious agenda.

is all the unconfirmed unprovable health problems that no one is suffering that are supposedly created by having the towers near you.

Link?

Just because I need a good laugh, and that sounds like it's right up there with "Weather radar causes brain cancer!"

Link?

Just because I need a good laugh, and that sounds like it's right up there with "Weather radar causes brain cancer!"

Check out the Roger Ebert article linked in the wikipedia entry.

I learned that... Living in an area with all that going, many people have developed headaches, nausea, depression and hypertension.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120201/REVIEWS/120209994

Clearly high blood pressure is caused by having a windmill near you, with nothing to do with that person's lifestyle. Just like emphysema is caused by solder exhaust inhaled by a factory worker in a well-ventilated area, not chain smoking 4 packs a day for 30 years (yes I actually know someone who tried to claim that).

Windmills kill more people a year than nuclear power plants.

My link

I love out of context articles that provide exactly no information as to how any of those people died.

Maybe their lungs exploded from low pressure areas caused by fan blades turning! Or hypertension caused by fan blades turning. Maybe they got depressed from fan blades turning!

Holy crap, am I going to die if I turn on a fan during the summer when it's hot?!? I could potentially have my lungs explode from the air movement, or be given chronic physical diseases and mental states from the electric motor turning fan blades!

Crap, it's time to become Amish!

I love out of context articles that provide exactly no information as to how any of those people died.

Maybe their lungs exploded from low pressure areas caused by fan blades turning! Or hypertension caused by fan blades turning. Maybe they got depressed from fan blades turning!

Holy crap, am I going to die if I turn on a fan during the summer when it's hot?!? I could potentially have my lungs explode from the air movement, or be given chronic physical diseases and mental states from the electric motor turning fan blades!

Do you sell wind turbines or have substantial investments in a company that does?

Wrong! They're big proponents of windmills.

people have died from the blades flying off. They've fallen off the towers. Doesn't take a genius to figure that stuff out.

You keep plugging your deadly deadly power plants, meanwhile nuclear power's gonna be over here, being awesome as usual.

The kicked around the idea of a wind farm off the coast of Long Island. The cost was astronomical. Almost a billion dollars. For about 5% of LIPAs needs to be fulfilled.

I dont know about any of that other crap...but with most "alternative energy" ideas...the cost wasnt worth it.

Edited by RkFast

Honestly, I don't understand the big issue with windmills either. They have quite the number of them out in WNY now. The only complaints I've heard are from the mediocre suburbanites.

I don't think anyone gives a **** if people want to build their own wind mills as long as they aren't disturbing anyone else. The problem is when starry eyed feel-good libs get all warm & fuzzy over how green they can be by creating artificial shortages of more economically viable forms of energy to force energy production where the markets won't take it and/or force the rest of us to waste money on inefficient and insufficient energy sources like goddamn wind mills.

people have died from the blades flying off. They've fallen off the towers. Doesn't take a genius to figure that stuff out.

You keep plugging your deadly deadly power plants, meanwhile nuclear power's gonna be over here, being awesome as usual.

Do you have some evidence of your claim? I would certainly like to see a link to a legitimate article where it states that 35 people died due to fanblades falling off. I would certainly like to know when and where these supposed fatalities occurred.

As for nuclear plants: good, got no problem with building more after a 30+ year moratorium. Building more plants is still not an excuse for developing other forms of energy production.

Honestly, I don't understand the big issue with windmills either. They have quite the number of them out in WNY now. The only complaints I've heard are from the mediocre suburbanites.

The overwhelming majority of people around here that are bitching about windmills are the ones who didn't get the big checks to have one or more on their property. It's all about screwing their neighbors because they didn't get paid, not some made-up bull **** health concerns.

Do you have some evidence of your claim? I would certainly like to see a link to a legitimate article where it states that 35 people died due to fanblades falling off. I would certainly like to know when and where these supposed fatalities occurred.

"Robert Robertson, was killed in 1842 after becoming entangled in the sack hoist on his English windmill."

Most I could find are more like regular construction accidents - crane accidents, vehicle accidents, falling from a great height. That was the only one I could find that was directly related to the windmill itself.

"Robert Robertson, was killed in 1842 after becoming entangled in the sack hoist on his English windmill."

Most I could find are more like regular construction accidents - crane accidents, vehicle accidents, falling from a great height. That was the only one I could find that was directly related to the windmill itself.

I suspect that is what the majority of those out-of-context fatalities, if true, were; construction accidents. Of course using that logic, we should never build a building more than 2 stories tall or put a bridge over any chasm, ravine or body of water. Erecting tents and not traveling anywhere is far safer!

A story about how Joe Nimrod forgot his safety harness and fell to his death isn't as interesting to read in an anti-windmill hack piece as simply stating that he died as a direct result of windmills.

I live near the Altamont Pass (made famous in the Gimmie Shelter movie). It has the second larges windfarm in the US (about 2K windmills). I was out there geocaching last month and didn't see a single one turning.

Idiot! You have forgotten Don Quixote! Well, on second thought, perhaps that was an indirect outcome after all.