Amazon is having a CD blowout - they pay you to take them!

Fezmid

only one that interested me was Outkast Speakerboxx, but it's 2.60 and with the $1 credit(one per customer by the way), still makes it $1.60, I'll wait and go home tonight and download it for free :pirate: ....arrrggghhh

only one that interested me was Outkast Speakerboxx, but it's 2.60 and with the $1 credit(one per customer by the way), still makes it $1.60, I'll wait and go home tonight and download it for free :pirate: ....arrrggghhh

Can you show my kids how to do that?

Are their VHS tapes on sale too?

A lot of people in that thread made related comments, but it's not a good comparison. A CD has a higher fidelity than any MP3 you buy from Amazon or iTunes, and it takes minutes to turn the CD into a bunch of MP3s of higher quality than you'll buy.

But still...all of SRV's discs (that I can find), each less than $3.00? The best of Buddy Guy for $1.30? $0.70 for Boston? There's some damn good deals there.

You are absolutely correct and I'm going to take advantage of several of those deals. I was merely saying that they're not paying you to take more than 1.

A lot of people in that thread made related comments, but it's not a good comparison. A CD has a higher fidelity than any MP3 you buy from Amazon or iTunes, and it takes minutes to turn the CD into a bunch of MP3s of higher quality than you'll buy.

Then why do people buy music from iTunes?

Of course a CD will have higher fidelity. An MP3 has about a tenth the amount of data a WAV file of a song has, so as to save space on a player.

Then why do people buy music from iTunes?

The only way I can justify doing it (and I don't do it often) is to get individual songs without having to buy the complete album.

Edited by Doc

So i've been adding some of these to my cart, and while they are listed at 70 cents (or whatever) they keep showing up as $6.99 in the cart. Anyone else having this issue?

The deal died a few minutes ago... :(

The only way I can justify doing it (and I don't do it often) is to get individual songs without having to buy the complete album.

This is the answer I was expecting. Sounds like you need to follow better bands/musicians. :D

I pretty much only listen to live shows from start to finish so I would only want the whole CD. I even hate when they do live CDs and mix in a few songs from different shows. Most of the band I follow allow taping of their shows which you can either download for free or purchase the whole show either by downloading or buying the CD. I typically buy the CD.

we may have discussed this already, but you should check out dimeadozen.org, its a bittorrent site but they have an incredibly wide array of live shows. they do their best to not put any commercially available stuff and they try to stick with 'taper friendly(or ambivalent)' acts

This is the answer I was expecting. Sounds like you need to follow better bands/musicians. :D

I pretty much only listen to live shows from start to finish so I would only want the whole CD. I even hate when they do live CDs and mix in a few songs from different shows. Most of the band I follow allow taping of their shows which you can either download for free or purchase the whole show either by downloading or buying the CD. I typically buy the CD.

we may have discussed this already, but you should check out dimeadozen.org, its a bittorrent site but they have an incredibly wide array of live shows. they do their best to not put any commercially available stuff and they try to stick with 'taper friendly(or ambivalent)' acts

I use archive.org