Pretty Lights "Still Night"

ajzepp

Some guy on another forum had this music playing for one of his white water rafting videos on youtube...I don't know what kind of music you call this...some sort of fusion? But I like it!

PS: Listening to this with headphones rocks!

Pretty Lights was the headline at All Good last year. Amazing light show and sampled Pink Floyd for a bit. Not trying to hijack thread but All Good is moving to Legend Valley (near Columbus) next year.

Some guy on another forum had this music playing for one of his white water rafting videos on youtube...I don't know what kind of music you call this...some sort of fusion? But I like it!

PS: Listening to this with headphones rocks!

Thank you for that. I have not heard of Pretty Lights, but so far what I'm hearing is pretty good beats.

Pretty Lights was the headline at All Good last year. Amazing light show and sampled Pink Floyd for a bit. Not trying to hijack thread but All Good is moving to Legend Valley (near Columbus) next year.

hijack away, brother...the best music threads are the ones that have lots of other performers discussed as well, IMO

Thank you for that. I have not heard of Pretty Lights, but so far what I'm hearing is pretty good beats.

I agree...I was watching this video of this new raft thing that rights itself as it goes down some of the more treacherous rivers, and I realized that I was loving this music. Thankfully they listed the artist, so I looked him/them up on Amazon and saw that people seemed to really enjoy it. I was having a lot of fun listening to the samples there, and then I decided to order the album that Still Night was on. Haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but really geting into it so far.

Pretty Lights is amazing. Slightly related note: I saw Avicii in Rochester last week. Amazing show, even if Avicii's set only lasted an hour or so. DJ Prophet opened, repping the 518 and giving me some nostalgia.

Sweet track. Now check out this one.....

youtube.com/watch?v=isj-FWZX_pk

Finally finished working so I can listen to this...been wanting to since I saw you post it earlier today.

So this is what dubstep is then? I've heard that term a few times but never really knew what it was. I think I'm starting to really become a fan of this club/electronica/house type music...I'm gonna listen to the rest of the Pretty Lights album tonight and then hunt for more cool stuff :D

Thanks for posting this...I want to listen to it again when I have my headphones handy!

Pretty Lights is amazing. Slightly related note: I saw Avicii in Rochester last week. Amazing show, even if Avicii's set only lasted an hour or so. DJ Prophet opened, repping the 518 and giving me some nostalgia.

Speaking of Rochester (I have an Avicii track on as I'm typing this...very cool!), one of my favorite things to do when I lived there (I grew up there...1985-95) was hop in my little '79 Mazda RX-7 and go flying around I-490 on a warm summer night, radio crankin', moon roof open, windows down. It doesn't take all that long to do a lap, and some of the parts of the beltway are pretty fun to drive. It's probably different now, but back in '88 when I first got my license, it was a blast. Listening to some of this music we're talking about reminds me of doing that again. This is awesome driving music. I'm not sure my Mazda Protege would be quite as fun in terms of the experience, but can't win 'em all.

Pretty Lights does some great remixes of pop songs, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm not sure my Mazda Protege would be quite as fun in terms of the experience, but can't win 'em all.

Look at it this way, the Mazda Protege is now the Mazda 3.

Pretty Lights does some great remixes of pop songs, if you're into that sort of thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4tV7m-q5E

Look at it this way, the Mazda Protege is now the Mazda 3.

:D