The Brady Scenario ??

T master

I was just reading a article on Rumblings about Brandon Weeden how Mike Mayock was really impressed how he did in the Senior bowl & that he said his stock would rise coming closer to draft time . At the end of the article there was a question ..

Would you take Weeden with our second round pick given what Mayock has said & what Weeden had done in his college career ??

A lot of people said NO b/c of his age & i get that who would want him to sit for a couple of years before he ever had a chance to get his first NFL snap ?? So i decided to put it to you in a different way .

If we were to get rid of Thigpen & draft Weeden to be our #2 QB behind Fitz , seeing as Fitz is pretty tough he wouldn't see much playing time unless of coarse The Brady Scenario raised it's head & Fitz wound up getting hurt , in steps Weeden to take over the Bills go on & win 3 or 4 Super bowls in a short period of time & we have the greatest team EVER :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!!!

Sorry !! I got carried away a bit but you see what i am saying ? Were paying Thigpen which is a year younger than Weeden , & Fitz is a year older . Thigpen has never really proved that he is a great commodity in the NFL & we all want a franchise guy (right?) why not have a back up that's a rookie , sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal it will be his rookie contract so it won't be as much as they are paying Tyler & we might just be able to pull the same rabbit out of the hat that NE did but just for not as long ..

I'm not real sure i would do it in the second round but if he was there in the 3rd i would snatch him up !!

O.K. you can all start your name calling & such ---- it was just a thought .. After all if it wasn't for this guys age he would probably be in the top 3 QB's this year !!

Edited by T master

Is your goal everyday to start a new thread where you share with us your "great" ideas?

Just bored & i ramble when i'm bored but i won't do that now cause i'm just answering back your reply so i won't go on & on & on & on ---- K ??

Just bored & i ramble when i'm bored but i won't do that now cause i'm just answering back your reply so i won't go on & on & on & on ---- K ??

I guess I don't get why the harping on Brady. If you think he's your qb go get him, if not pass. Why qualify it as an in case our starter gets hurt we have a HOF waiting in the wings.... But only in case of injury.

I thought he looked really good in his bowl game. I do agree he is a little old, if he can get it together at the next level I think he cam be a Kurt Warner type of QB. He's going to come in very mature and more experienced and that may help his future as short as it may be. We've seen many times in this league that QBs get better with a little bit of age. My opinion is that it's because they are more mature and have much better decision making. I'd take a shot at him in the 3rd maybe. Probably not earlier than that though.

1327979942[/url]' post='2373956']

I guess I don't get why the harping on Brady. If you think he's your qb go get him, if not pass. Why qualify it as an in case our starter gets hurt we have a HOF waiting in the wings.... But only in case of injury.

This. Makes no sense

I agree - it makes no sense to have a qb with the physical limitations of a thigpen on the bench. Even if thigpen were high in qb iq like a frank reich it makes sense to have a physically limited backup only of you are a championship team. Cellar dwellers need strong arm messiahs on the bench not weak armed messiahs.