The Senior Bowl and Coples, Upshaw, and Ingram

Upshaw and Ingram were nearly invisible in the Senior Bowl. To me, their performance was disappointing. Coples' performance was good. He made some plays. But there are lingering questions about Coples' work ethic and how much he really wants to play consistently good football.

Wes Bunting of NATIONALFOOTBALLPOST.COM has his latest mock draft, dated today, showing Buffalo by-passing Coples, Upshaw and Ingram for Martin, the LT from Stanford. Coples goes to Seattle at #12, Upshaw to the Jets at #16, and Ingram to Green Bay at #28. These players were, before Saturday's Senior Bowl, considered top 10 selections. Was this fall from the top 10 the result of the Senior Bowl?

If Buffalo feels these players do not offer top 10 value, where do they go with their #10 pick? Do they reach for one of them or draft for #10 value?

Upshaw and Ingram were nearly invisible in the Senior Bowl. To me, their performance was disappointing. Coples' performance was good. He made some plays. But there are lingering questions about Coples' work ethic and how much he really wants to play consistently good football.

Wes Bunting of NATIONALFOOTBALLPOST.COM has his latest mock draft, dated today, showing Buffalo by-passing Coples, Upshaw and Ingram for Martin, the LT from Stanford. Coples goes to Seattle at #12, Upshaw to the Jets at #16, and Ingram to Green Bay at #28. These players were, before Saturday's Senior Bowl, considered top 10 selections. Was this fall from the top 10 the result of the Senior Bowl?

If Buffalo feels these players do not offer top 10 value, where do they go with their #10 pick? Do they reach for one of them or draft for #10 value?

Martin is ranked 61st in his overall rankings...LOL

I would not hate any one of these players at pick 10. None of them were invisible during the Senior bowl. Regarding Upshaw's sack of Wilson, that guy is one of the the toughest QB's to sack in college or pros. If the Bills land Coples, Upshaw or Ingram and if Coples continues to play like he did during the Senior Bowl (questionable) then they will no longer be called a "soft" defensive team. Upshaw has Ray Lewis like leadership skills.

I think Upshaw is fairly unlikely. Now that the Bills are confirmed as a 4-3 front going forward, that's a little bias against him, since he projects more as a 3-4 LB than a 4-3 DE. Yes, he's plenty big to play DE in terms of body mass, but we know that Buddy Nix prefers guys around 6'4" with long arms to set the edge in the run game. Upshaw measured in at 6'1.5" with 31" arms. Strike two. There's no strike three yet, but I'd be surprised if Upshaw was the pick.

I don't know much about any of these guys yet, but none of them really wow me. I feel like if any of them were all that impressive, he'd be projected Top 5. Maybe it's unfair, but I'm getting a Derrick Harvey vibe from both Coples and Ingram. Looks the part, fills a need, theoretically should be good, but just meh once he gets into the NFL. But I'm no expert.

Dunno what ranking you are looking at, Draftscout.com has him at #9

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012

That 61st was from the rankings I found on the National Football Post site which was where the OP mock draft was from.

Nation Football Post's rankings are usually much different from the other more notable draft sites.

1327958791[/url]' post='2373716']

I think Upshaw is fairly unlikely. Now that the Bills are confirmed as a 4-3 front going forward, that's a little bias against him, since he projects more as a 3-4 LB than a 4-3 DE. Yes, he's plenty big to play DE in terms of body mass, but we know that Buddy Nix prefers guys around 6'4" with long arms to set the edge in the run game. Upshaw measured in at 6'1.5" with 31" arms. Strike two. There's no strike three yet, but I'd be surprised if Upshaw was the pick.

I don't know much about any of these guys yet, but none of them really wow me. I feel like if any of them were all that impressive, he'd be projected Top 5. Maybe it's unfair, but I'm getting a Derrick Harvey vibe from both Coples and Ingram. Looks the part, fills a need, theoretically should be good, but just meh once he gets into the NFL. But I'm no expert.

Agreed. I don't think Upshaw will be the pick now. I'm not a fan of Coples, but wouldn't mind Ingram. Of we go LB, I'd expect Zach Brown to be the pick. We'll have a better idea after the combine.