If Coples is there at 10 we take him over Upshaw, And Ingraam.

D521646

1. Indianopolis: Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2.St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil OT USC

3.Minnesota Vikings: Michael Brockers DT LSU

4.Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin III QB Baylor

5.Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Adams OT Ohio State

6. Washington Redskins: Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M

7.Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

8.Carolina Panthers: Quinton Coples DE UNC

9.Miami Dolphins:Riley Reiff OT Iowa

10.Buffalo Bills: Morris Claiborne CB LSU

11.Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

12. Seattle Seahawks:Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

13.Arizona Cardinals: Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

14.Dallas Cowboys:Nick Perry DE/OLB USC

15.Philadelphia Eagles:Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College

16.New York Jets:Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

17.Cincinatti Bengals:David DeCastro OG Stanford

18.San Diego Chargers:Kendall Wright WR Baylor

19.Chicago Bears:Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers

20.Tenessee Titans:Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

21.Cincinatti Bengals:Courtney Upshaw Alabama

22.Cleveland Browns:Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina

23.Detroit Lions:Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

24.Pittsburgh Steelers:Andrew Datko OT Florida State

25.Denver Broncos Trent Richardson RB Alabama

26.Houston Texans:Devon Still DT Penn State

27.New England Patriots:Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama

28.Green Bay Packers:Cam Johnson DE Virginia

29.Baltimore Ravens:Peter Konz C Wisconsin

30.San Francisco 49ers:Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina

31.New England Patriots:Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State

32.New York Giants:David Wilson RB Virginia Tech

Feedback welcome.

Claiborne, Blackmon, and Richardson won't slip that much. Buffalo doesn't have a shot at the top CB in the draft, unfortunately. Brockers is way too high, but I do agree that he will be a riser on draft boards, and might be a top-10 pick.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time the Bills took a kid in the first round that had three sacks in the Senior Bowl that turned out to be a bust. His name is Erik Flowers. I wouldn't put too much stock in a one game performance.

Coples was the top ranked DE before this game so it is not like the bills will draft him just based on his performance in that game. That being said he is the top rated and will likely be off the board when the bills draft.

Too many questions regarding Coples work ethic and drive to take at #10. One of the main negatives mentioned in nearly every single scouting report on the kid is that "he takes plays off". That isn't just one or two reports; nearly everyone single one I've read has mentioned that. He isn't a "high motor" player and lacks motivation. How do you think a guy like that will react to being paid 10+ million dollars off the bat?? I personally do not want to find out.

We need someone at 10 who can come in here from day 1 and start. Much like Marcell Dareus did last season. They also cannot afford to miss on this pick. It is much too important to this team to draft a bust. Coples just has way too many question marks to take at 10. Maybe if we were picking 20-25 I would consider him but not in the top 10.

Give me a highly productive, highly successful player like Courtney Upshaw from a powerhouse program with 2 national championship rings every time over a guy like Coples. Nick Saban churns out NFL ready defensive players every single year. He demands the best out of his players and hard work. You know Upshaw isn't going to quit on plays coming from a program like Alabama. Add in that program's success while Upshaw was a major piece of that said success and his MVP award in the National Championship game & you get a very safe prospect.

Feedback welcome.

That's right baby. HONEY BADGER!!!!!!!

Too many questions regarding Coples work ethic and drive to take at #10. One of the main negatives mentioned in nearly every single scouting report on the kid is that "he takes plays off". That isn't just one or two reports; nearly everyone single one I've read has mentioned that. He isn't a "high motor" player and lacks motivation. How do you think a guy like that will react to being paid 10+ million dollars off the bat?? I personally do not want to find out.

We need someone at 10 who can come in here from day 1 and start. Much like Marcell Dareus did last season. They also cannot afford to miss on this pick. It is much too important to this team to draft a bust. Coples just has way too many question marks to take at 10. Maybe if we were picking 20-25 I would consider him but not in the top 10.

Give me a highly productive, highly successful player like Courtney Upshaw from a powerhouse program with 2 national championship rings every time over a guy like Coples. Nick Saban churns out NFL ready defensive players every single year. He demands the best out of his players and hard work. You know Upshaw isn't going to quit on plays coming from a program like Alabama. Add in that program's success while Upshaw was a major piece of that said success and his MVP award in the National Championship game & you get a very safe prospect.

:thumbsup:

Dont make your decisions based on a Senior Bowl.

None of our prospective DEs looked good yesterday. Between the rules that restrict the defense, and everyone playing it safe so theyre not injured before the draft, it isnt a good example of how they play.

I turned it off at the half after it was obvious everyone was playing at about 3/4 speed.

Must be an Upshaw fan...LOL....zing!

Once upon a time the Bills took a kid in the first round that had three sacks in the Senior Bowl that turned out to be a bust. His name is Erik Flowers. I wouldn't put too much stock in a one game performance.

Ahhh...another Upshaw fan. Only the Bills fans can turn good performance into a negative. LOL.

Yeah slow footed ,easily blocked Coples. That`s pick my pick. Ingram also didn`t impress me. But Curry did.

I take Coples in the 1st, Curry in the 2nd.

D-line:

Coples, Williams, Dearus, Curry (or Kelsay) (the competition for the last spot between curry, coples, and kelsay will make them all better).

LB: Sheppard, Barnett, (Jarrett Johnson/Erin Henderson via free agency).

:thumbsup:

I would also have no problem with Upshaw at 10. I think Curry will be a steal if we can get him in the 2nd.

Saw Coples play in season, looked slow and disinterested. Would rather take Chandler Jones in 3rd or 4th.

I'd rather take an OT if it turns out that this draft lacks a sure-fire eliter DE/OLB. There are lots of good players like Curry and Jones that will be available later in the draft, who I think will be very good.

Must be an Upshaw fan...LOL....zing!

Ahhh...another Upshaw fan. Only the Bills fans can turn good performance into a negative. LOL.

That's funny, I don't recall ever saying I wanted Upshaw. Whitney Mercilus is the guy I covet most.

That's funny, I don't recall ever saying I wanted Upshaw. Whitney Mercilus is the guy I covet most.

Whitney Mercilus looks to be the perfect 4-3 DE prospect for the Bills. Not only does he look great on film, but he seems like he's a great guy too.

Would he be a few spots reach? Yes, but really who cares.

Pick Mercilus in the first and hope Ronnell Lewis (or another hard hitting OLB) is there in the second and this defense would be looking good.

Edited by 1billsfan

Luckily for me i do not think Coples will fall to us. And am thinking we are going to find our pass rushers further down. Might be a year we make a small splash in FA. I would not be suprised to see us get a CB early and honestly since there is some good talent available this year, i almost hope we do.

Dont like Coples but do like Upshaw a bit. I hope this does not turn into last years draft where i was on the edge of my chair waiting to see if we got Von Miller or Marcel. I cant take the stress. I was hoping for MD but would have been pleased as punch with V M. imagine if we had them both!

Luckily for me i do not think Coples will fall to us. And am thinking we are going to find our pass rushers further down. Might be a year we make a small splash in FA. I would not be suprised to see us get a CB early and honestly since there is some good talent available this year, i almost hope we do.

Dont like Coples but do like Upshaw a bit. I hope this does not turn into last years draft where i was on the edge of my chair waiting to see if we got Von Miller or Marcel. I cant take the stress. I was hoping for MD but would have been pleased as punch with V M. imagine if we had them both!

I'm starting to like this idea too. If it's true we're going to 4-3, Astrobot thinks we should be able to snag a good prospect like Curry or Andre Branch in the 2nd. Trying to plug Upshaw into a 4-3 would negate a lot of what makes him so desirable. I say get the most dominant game changer regardless of position (unless it's a RB) in the first and get a pass rusher when you find one that's a good value for the pick.

You make a good point because even though is has been said that we will be running a hybrid, it seems from what i read a 4-0 look is what we might run most of the time. The thing is if we get best pass rusher available we can still scheme based on offensive line ups. We have some nice flexibility in the front which will be good with Kyle back. But we are not on one side or another with linebackers. So if we draft bpa we might very well run techs to that players strength and do a work around. We are in a tough spot. Do we continue the switch to 3-4.. or do we go as some say, a Wannstadt 4-3. This draft and Fa may well tell us.

good value will probably set the tone for our future due to Nix's philsophy.

Unless Dave W sees something he really likes on his radar :devil:

11.Kansas City Chiefs Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

12. Seattle Seahawks:Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

13.Arizona Cardinals: Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

14.Dallas Cowboys:Nick Perry DE/OLB USC

15.Philadelphia Eagles:Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College

16.New York Jets:Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

17.Cincinatti Bengals:David DeCastro OG Stanford

18.San Diego Chargers:Kendall Wright WR Baylor

19.Chicago Bears:Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers

20.Tenessee Titans:Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

21.Cincinatti Bengals:Courtney Upshaw Alabama

22.Cleveland Browns:Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina

23.Detroit Lions:Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

24.Pittsburgh Steelers:Andrew Datko OT Florida State

25.Denver Broncos Trent Richardson RB Alabama

26.Houston Texans:Devon Still DT Penn State

27.New England Patriots:Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama

28.Green Bay Packers:Cam Johnson DE Virginia

29.Baltimore Ravens:Peter Konz C Wisconsin

30.San Francisco 49ers:Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina

31.New England Patriots:Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State

32.New York Giants:David Wilson RB Virginia Tech

Feedback welcome.

Nice pick. Let's make sure that the team continues to suck!!! :thumbsup:

Nice pick. Let's make sure that the team continues to suck!!! :thumbsup:

This would be a good year (as most years are) to trade down and get another high quality pick (second or third) to address some of our other many needs. The problem is Buddy doesn't believe in trading down. While the more astute GMs know how to work the draft Buddy believes in taking the simple approach of making your picks when they come up. Buddy is good at playing checkers while the rest of the competitors are playing chess.

Trading down doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do it with your first round pick. It can also be done with your second round pick with good results. However, that isn't the Buddy way. You are what you are----you get what you get. It is difficult of thinking outside the box when you have a very staid organizational approach.

Yeah, I stopped reading after that wacky pick too.

You know the Vikings ended the season, with Letroy Guion ,and Remi Ayodele starting at their DT spots right. Kevin Williams is 31,and Pat Williams doesn't play there anymore.

But of course you already knew that.

Oh you didn't. My bad.

So I watched th Senior Bowl game. Not a huge College Football guy, but since this draft is so important for the Bills (Heck they all are) I figured I'd DVR it and watch when the kiddies were in bed. Coples if he can play like he did in the gamne MUST be our pick. There was nothing he couldn't do. He can line up at LDE, RDE and NT if needed. Seconf place (using the bowl game as my only indicator) was Ingram. He was also a force, but Upshaw wasn't heard from much. I also like that kid Vinny Curry. Apparently, I am reading that most scouts leave before Thursday's practice as the game itself with its limits on schemes isn't a good gauge. Well, that may be so, but from what I saw Coples is the guy we should take.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

Tim-

Coples played well the best of I saw him play which was only 3 other games this year. What makes me nervous is his desire; comments from coaches were like he can be as good as he wants to be meaning if he wants to. Then Mayock asked him why his play slipped this year and he said that's why I'm here, knowing that he didn't play well. The games I saw he was loafing big time so he makes me hesitant. Could be a Randy Moss type player when things are going well he plays hard but when they don't he doesn't.

Ingram looked fantastic in practice but didn't make a lot plays in the game although he had some good rushes from the DT spot, wouldn't be upset if we got him.

Upshaw was as advertised; big plays not a great pass rusher and by pass rusher I mean someone that can get sacks on their own not by blitzing.

Curry surprised me because in the games I saw he tried hard but didn't make a lot of plays but in this game he looked pretty good and coaches were raving about him during practice.