Swarm CRUSH the Bandits

Fezmid

Just got back from the Swarm/Bandits NLL game. The Swarm dominated Buffalo, which really surprised me - Buffalo usually wins against Minnesota (and most everyone else). Final was 19-11, and it wasn't even that close.

Gotta say, the Bandits were playing pretty cheap too, taking a lot of cheap shots after the whistle. The refs, instead of nipping it by calling major penalties (in one instance, two players were shoving and a third came in and sucker punched the Swarm player -- and only got 2 minutes; in another case, Buffalo players came off the bench to start fight which isn't legal, but refs didn't call it), let the game get COMPLETELY out of hand. And the result was the bench clearing brawl. Five players on each team were given 5 minute majors and game misconducts (website says only four per side, but it was updated to five at the start of the second half). It was crazy. Haven't found any good video of the fights yet, but everyone had their phones out so I'm sure they're coming.

http://www.nll.com/news_article/show/131418?referrer_id=389128

First home Swarm victory over Buffalo in team history. :)

Here's a video:

At the end, one of the Bandits starts attacking a Swarm fan in the stands as well. I missed it at the game, and it's hard to see in the video but the announcer at the stadium was calling the guy out on it too.

Also a great buzzer beater to end of the first quarter. Bandits pulled their goalie, got a shot off, and the Swarm quickly fired it downfield and scored at the buzzer. After further review, the goal stood. Amazing shot!