Worst part of Super Bowl week

major

I think the 2002 Super Bowl pushed out a week because of 9/11 was in February. That's what gave them the idea.

You are correct sir. I missed that one looking at the list. What also helped the move to Feb was pushing back the Opening Weekend to the weekend after Labor Day, causing Millions of fans to have to use a sick/vacation day from work.

Probably an old article but just saw this and thought it was funny.

6 cities that need to hold a super bowl

Now, I understand the lack of appeal for hold a super bowl in Buffalo and all but London? I means seriously I am really curious what these assclowns are thinking when they say "hey, you know what's a good idea? Taking what we call football to a place where they call soccer football! That way we can only have super rich people at the games and not have to worry about how much we charge!"

As if the cost of travelling within the US to go to a super bowl wasn't ridiculous enough.

Probably an old article but just saw this and thought it was funny.

6 cities that need to hold a super bowl

Now, I understand the lack of appeal for hold a super bowl in Buffalo and all but London? I means seriously I am really curious what these assclowns are thinking when they say "hey, you know what's a good idea? Taking what we call football to a place where they call soccer football! That way we can only have super rich people at the games and not have to worry about how much we charge!"

As if the cost of travelling within the US to go to a super bowl wasn't ridiculous enough.

I'd love them to put the SB in London. We'd actually get to have an afternoon kickoff on the East coast.

I don't watch any of this crappy hype from the time the Conference Championship games are over until kickoff of the Super Bowl.

I am in full agreement with this, whether the Bills are in it or not.

And since that hype is non-existent and not bothersome, the worst part of Super Bowl week comes on Saturday night when you're ready to party with some friends with a football game as a great excuse to get together. But there is no game on Saturday night when it should be and instead it's played on Sunday night for no good reason whatsoever. When there are more parties during the Super Bowl than on any other night of the year, why in the Sam Hill would anybody think its sensible to hold it on Sunday night where everybody has to go to work in the morning, instead of Saturday night where you can stay out late and sleep in a little.

Along with the whole college bowl game nonsense, it is one of the stupidest traditions in football.

I am in full agreement with this, whether the Bills are in it or not.

And since that hype is non-existent and not bothersome, the worst part of Super Bowl week comes on Saturday night when you're ready to party with some friends with a football game as a great excuse to get together. But there is no game on Saturday night when it should be and instead it's played on Sunday night for no good reason whatsoever. When there are more parties during the Super Bowl than on any other night of the year, why in the Sam Hill would anybody think its sensible to hold it on Sunday night where everybody has to go to work in the morning, instead of Saturday night where you can stay out late and sleep in a little.

Along with the whole college bowl game nonsense, it is one of the stupidest traditions in football.

:worthy: Perfectly Stated!

Another terrible part of SB week is watching all the media types from all over the world setting up shop in and around Indy. Even small radio stations are set up outside the stadium. I wish they would all just stay home and report from there. We only need a few major stations set up around the Super Bowl. You know all those employees get a kick out of traveling to each Super Bowl destination each year for their job. I'm sure it's a nice gig.