Worst part of Super Bowl week

major

I can't decide which is worst about Super Bowl week: the pro bowl or the media day. Both are overhyped and a waste of life. I'll tell you what else is a waste of life: the pre game coverage that starts at 9am and goes until kickoff. I say start the coverage one hour before the game. That pre game coverage is so lame: how to make footballs, how the trophy was made, inspirational player stories, etc... Come to think of it, 98 percent of Super Bowl week is a waste of time.

I can't decide which is worst about Super Bowl week: the pro bowl or the media day. Both are overhyped and a waste of life. I'll tell you what else is a waste of life: the pre game coverage that starts at 9am and goes until kickoff. I say start the coverage one hour before the game. That pre game coverage is so lame: how to make footballs, how the trophy was made, inspirational player stories, etc... Come to think of it, 98 percent of Super Bowl week is a waste of time.

From tomorrow to kick off next week is a complete waste. Especially the silly "human interest" story's on players. One must be really bored too even watch the pro bowl.

Unless the Bills are in it (OK, stop laughing), I don't watch any of this crappy hype from the time the Conference Championship games are over until kickoff of the Super Bowl. If it were the Bills, I'd eat up every last minute of crappy hype. ;)

Unless the Bills are in it (OK, stop laughing), I don't watch any of this crappy hype from the time the Conference Championship games are over until kickoff of the Super Bowl. If it were the Bills, I'd eat up every last minute of crappy hype. ;)

Oh yea, that goes without saying. Bills super bowl weeks were great, and with half the exposure that it gets now.

Why do you watch it then?

The super bowl should be played the week after the conference championship games. Waiting two weeks is dumb

But we would all be watching every second of the coverage if the Bills were in it.

If any of the Bills were in the Pro-Bowl, then I would watch it just to pick out the helmet in the crowd. With no Bills in it, I have pretty much transitioned to college basketball for my sports entertainment.

I remember when Brian Moorman was in the Pro-Bowl, and he entered some of the skills competitions. He did some sort of obstacle course, and he actually did ok. He skipped one of the hitting parts of the obstacle course and took the time penalty instead, but since he was so fast it almost didn't matter. Pretty funny stuff.

Why do you watch it then?

The super bowl should be played the week after the conference championship games. Waiting two weeks is dumb

I don't watch the pro bowl. I think the last pro bowl I tuned in for was Steve Tasker way back when. I agree, the SB should be played the week after.

The worst part for me is the reminder of "wide right" - particularly this year with the Giants in it. Actually the last week of January has been pretty tough since the four SB losses....I can't remember, were any of the Bills SB's played in February? I don't think so but am too lazy to look that up.

Edited by chaccof

If any of the Bills were in the Pro-Bowl, then I would watch it just to pick out the helmet in the crowd. With no Bills in it, I have pretty much transitioned to college basketball for my sports entertainment.

I remember when Brian Moorman was in the Pro-Bowl, and he entered some of the skills competitions. He did some sort of obstacle course, and he actually did ok. He skipped one of the hitting parts of the obstacle course and took the time penalty instead, but since he was so fast it almost didn't matter. Pretty funny stuff.

Pro bowl. Not only are there several ex-Bills playing, but Buffalo is the only NFL team not being represented. It's possible FJ might have gone, perhaps Eric Wood as well, but there's no doubt the team is a long way from being close to ready to compete for a playoff berth.

....I can't remember, were any of the Bills SB's played in February? I don't think so but am too lazy to look that up.

Nope....

January 27, 1991

January 26, 1992

January 31, 1993

January 30, 1994

First one in Feb was XXXVIII, Feb 1st, 2004, latest in Feb was XLIV, Feb 7th, 2010. All the others were between the 1st and the 7th.

The Pro Bowl is an embarrassment.

I think the entire Super Bowl week is overdone. Just get on with it.

This year's halftime show is going to be dreadful.

They spend 17 weeks marketing and promoting football to the fellas.

Then suddenly the biggest game of the year rolls around, and it's GD Ladies' Night.

Makes me want to scream.

Nope....

January 27, 1991

January 26, 1992

January 31, 1993

January 30, 1994

First one in Feb was XXXVIII, Feb 1st, 2004, latest in Feb was XLIV, Feb 7th, 2010. All the others were between the 1st and the 7th.

I think the 2002 Super Bowl pushed out a week because of 9/11 was in February. That's what gave them the idea.