Bring back Jeff Van Gundy

major

It's time for the Knicks to bring back Jeff Van Gundy. Mike D isn't getting it done. The only problem is that Dolan is still the owner; therefore, I can't think of any coach in their right mind wanting to step foot in the Garden.

I think its gonna be phil jackson..... :wallbash:

It's time for the Knicks to bring back Jeff Van Gundy. Mike D isn't getting it done. The only problem is that Dolan is still the owner; therefore, I can't think of any coach in their right mind wanting to step foot in the Garden.

Just can't get this picture out of my brain whenever I think of him.

Though his latest ESPN commercial is pretty funny.

Wait, so there are still people who watch the NBA?

lol

I can't remember the last time I watched a regular season NBA game...probably back when Jordan was with the Bulls. Currently I usually start watching when the playoffs start, but have no interest in the regular sesaon.

Very few

Yeah, only 24 million people watched the Finals last year. That definitely is nobody, especially in June. :rolleyes:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/nba-finals-2011-ratings-g_n_876964.html

The last 2 years of the NBA has been awesome. A ton of young talent and good guys (the BS that league is filled with thugs died a long time ago). As for the Knicks, they tried pairly 2 guys whose games don't compliment each other. As a Cuse fan, I loved Melo in college but hate his NBA game. I find it hilarious that the Nuggets got much better after they traded him.

I actually go to games. They are good entertainment as far as i am concerned

You live in Philly, right? My brother does as well and because the 76ers are looked as the 4th team there, he gets insanely good prices to games. Plus, they have a really good young team that plays hard every game. They are going to be a tough out. I still think htey need a true #1 player though (they could make a good trade package for Howard but he probably won't go there).

with them playing so well the cheap tickets aren't such a deal anymore...used to be able to buy $10 seats and move down along the players entrance tunnels...now the good seats are mostly taken...still a good evening out. They are a good young team to watch. Amazing an Evan Turner has accepted his role as a bench player...he is really fun to watch.

Yeah, only 24 million people watched the Finals last year. That definitely is nobody, especially in June. :rolleyes:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/nba-finals-2011-ratings-g_n_876964.html

The last 2 years of the NBA has been awesome. A ton of young talent and good guys (the BS that league is filled with thugs died a long time ago). As for the Knicks, they tried pairly 2 guys whose games don't compliment each other. As a Cuse fan, I loved Melo in college but hate his NBA game. I find it hilarious that the Nuggets got much better after they traded him.

You live in Philly, right? My brother does as well and because the 76ers are looked as the 4th team there, he gets insanely good prices to games. Plus, they have a really good young team that plays hard every game. They are going to be a tough out. I still think htey need a true #1 player though (they could make a good trade package for Howard but he probably won't go there).

because the 76ers are looked as the 4th team there

When I lived there in the late 90s, the 76ers were arguably the FIFTH team. The AHL Phantoms were out-drawing them and were more popular.

with them playing so well the cheap tickets aren't such a deal anymore...used to be able to buy $10 seats and move down along the players entrance tunnels...now the good seats are mostly taken...still a good evening out. They are a good young team to watch. Amazing an Evan Turner has accepted his role as a bench player...he is really fun to watch.

I remember like it was yesterday walking into the Core States Center (that's what it used to be called anyway) seeing the cardboard life-sized cutouts of the players where the kids where hanging out and smelling the garlic butter pretzels as soon as they took my ticket...ahhhhh, good times :)

I haven't seen a game this year yet but I have the Sixers app on my phone and I read an article about the team-first atmosphere that Collins has established. It said something about how the Sixers have more players averaging double digit scoring than any other team in the league. Also watched a few highlights of Jrue Holliday...that kid is a baller!

The last year I was there we had just drafted Jerry Stackhouse, and then the following year is when Iverson came to town (either 96 or 97) and they were saying it would be the best backcourt the Sixers had ever had. Didn't work out that way, of course, but I loved the move to bring in Larry Brown and obviously there was a ton of excitement around the team the year they made the NBA finals. That was so great to see them in the playoffs.

Consider me Lin-sane in the membrane.

I will be tuning into the Raptors-Knicks game this Tuesday. I tried to get tickets but they sold out on Saturday immediately after Lin's massive game against the Lakers. TO has a large Asian population that will be tuning in en masse for this.