A Tale of Two Teams

buckeyemike

yet light years away from one another.

The Bills started off this year with a devastating loss to Jacksonville, then a disheartening game at Oakland. Soon they were 0-4 and people are already calling for Mularkey's and Donahoe's heads on a platter. Remember, even Ralph Wilson was criticizing the situation after the Jets game.

Then a funny thing happened. Since then the Bills are 9-2. I know it's a cliche, but they "circled the wagons"! A win over the Steelers and a little help, and they are in the playoffs.

On the same day the Bills lost to the Jags, the Browns took the Ravens to the woodshed, by 20-3.

The Browns split their first six games, and then the wheels fell off (see my sig line for how the Browns have historically played in recent years).

So many injuries. A coach who quit on the team, with a $12 million golden parachute. Controversy. Bad play. An embarrassing 30 point loss to the Bills. My formerly beloved Browns will be starting over. Again.

The difference? The Bills never quit, even when many doubted them. They have their first winning season in five years. They came back and showed the resiliency that makes many Buffalonians and Bills fans proud.

The Browns quit. Simple as that.

It's currently in the third quarter of a tie game vs. the Dolfelons. If the Browns lose, the losing streak reaches nine, which would tie a team record set in 1975.

Two cities. Two teams. Two very different results.

Mike

This has to be my favorite football season ever...that of the 2004 Bills.

A team that never gave up, even when many doubted them.

A team that has been resilient, and never say die.

A team that is the true epitome of the phrase, "Circle the Wagons".

GO BILLS!!! SQUASH THE SQUEALERS!!

Mike