The Niners Are On The Clock

Rico

I wonder if karma has caught up with them and don't win another one for decades to come?    ;)

179814[/snapback]

Not Karma, terrible ownership. Until they shake the Yorks the Niners are in trouble. They have the former owners daughters husband running the team for gods sake.

Seeing that the niners have Rattay, Dorsey, and Picket..3 relatively young quarterbacks..do you see them trading out of the first pick this april.because its obvious they need more then a qb to help them next season..

Take Leinart? or trade down??

Personally, I don't think Rattay is a bad QB. If he had better talent around him and stayed healthy, he'd probably put up solid numbers. But he needs help on the line and in personel.

Dorsey was a great college QB with the Canes. But he had an awesome line and great talent around. He can't deal with pressure. I'd love to see him have success. But unless he dramatically improves, it won't happen.

On whether the 49ers should select Leinart, personally, I wouldn't. I believe Leinart is overrated a ton. He has a great line protecting his ass and awesome weapons. All he has to do is throw a 2-yd screen to Reggie Bush (real Heisman winner) and he can go all the way. And he has great receivers too including an awesome freshman who I can't think of. Plus another solid back.

I like Rogers better on Cal and believe LeFors on Louisville will be great. But LeFors still has more time in school and splits time.

There's also that Hawaii QB that people say is really good.

I also believe the kid on Florida throws a damn good spiral.

They should trade down. They could get a lot back. But they'll probably select Leinart because it would be very popular in the California area. Hometown kid. Ya know. Great PR. Tons of pressure though and coming into an abysmal situation.

Dorsey was a great college QB with the Canes. But he had an awesome line and great talent around. He can't deal with pressure. I'd love to see him have success. But unless he dramatically improves, it won't happen.

179886[/snapback]

Dorsey had an amazing run while at Miami. It's amazing how much talent that team had. McGahee was a 2nd string running back behind Frank Gore. I like Ken Dorsey but never thought he had the arm to be a pro QB.

Dorsey had an amazing run while at Miami.  It's amazing how much talent that team had.  McGahee was a 2nd string running back behind Frank Gore.  I like Ken Dorsey but never thought he had the arm to be a pro QB.

That team was great. Vilma, D.J. Williams, Wilfork and Taylor on D. William Joseph too. Too bad he doesn't look like he'll panout.

Andre Johnson as the top receiver. He was money. Shockey was on the team that won it with Winslow on the bench. And Moss too. He had some amazing plays.

I know I'm forgetting some guys.

Seeing that the niners have Rattay, Dorsey, and Picket..3 relatively young quarterbacks..do you see them trading out of the first pick this april.because its obvious they need more then a qb to help them next season..

Take Leinart? or trade down??

179837[/snapback]

If I was Matt Leinart I am seriously considering staying at SC as long as the whiners have that pick...I would rather go for a national title than die on the field even if i was getting paid.

That team was great. Vilma, D.J. Williams, Wilfork and Taylor on D. William Joseph too. Too bad he doesn't look like he'll panout.

Andre Johnson as the top receiver. He was money. Shockey was on the team that won it with Winslow on the bench. And Moss too. He had some amazing plays.

I know I'm forgetting some guys.

179951[/snapback]

You're going to test my memory. Clinton Portis, Ed Reed and Damione Lewis. I know we are missing a ton of them.

The thing about Dorsey is he's a winner. He might not have the physical ability, but he has that mind set. I doubt if Montana could win with this current San Francisco team. They are horrible on every level.