2012 Thursday, Sunday and Monday Night Games

HuSeYiN1978

Do you guys think the Bills did enough this past season to earn a couple or even ONE primetime nationally televised game?

Or maybe the better question is that there's 17 weeks in an NFL season with a Sunday night and a Monday night game every week and sometime in November they start putting in Thursday night games so I believe that there's a minimum of 30-40 nationally televised games every year being played. With there being 32 NFL teams in the league should it not be a rule that every team gets at least ONE primetime game? It's ridiculous how we always play at 1:00pm on Sundays.

How can we get the NFL's attention on this situation and maybe get them to put that in the rulebook as far as schedule planning goes before the season?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Sunday,Monday,or Thursday, game would put too much added pressure on the fragile mindset

of the current roster. Lets wait until we no longer draft in the top 10 every year.

How can you say that? Even though our last two Monday night games were losses they were both INCREDIBLE games... We show up to play in big games so why can't we have ONE every year? The Browns get it. The Lions get every Thanksgiving. The Bucs, Vikings and many other teams that are and have been drafting before us always get nationally televised games...

How can you say that? Even though our last two Monday night games were losses they were both INCREDIBLE games... We show up to play in big games so why can't we have ONE every year? The Browns get it. The Lions get every Thanksgiving. The Bucs, Vikings and many other teams that are and have been drafting before us always get nationally televised games...

Actually we were on a nationally televised game a couple of times this year. One was against the Tebowes. The NFL needs night games to be competitive

hence the dawn of the flex schedule. The NFL whether good or bad typically sets the schedule based on standings. The networks sell time, and make money, there not in it

to make local fans happy. The Bills probably have a pretty small national audience right now.

Do you guys think the Bills did enough this past season to earn a couple or even ONE primetime nationally televised game?

Or maybe the better question is that there's 17 weeks in an NFL season with a Sunday night and a Monday night game every week and sometime in November they start putting in Thursday night games so I believe that there's a minimum of 30-40 nationally televised games every year being played. With there being 32 NFL teams in the league should it not be a rule that every team gets at least ONE primetime game? It's ridiculous how we always play at 1:00pm on Sundays.

How can we get the NFL's attention on this situation and maybe get them to put that in the rulebook as far as schedule planning goes before the season?

Why should it ever be a rule that every team gets a primetime game?

Why should it ever be a rule that every team gets a primetime game?

Ummmmm maybe to ensure that fans that live all over the United States that can't afford to watch their favorite team on Sunday NFL ticket can have a chance to watch their team play a big game? Which would help the ratings out also.

Quite frankly it doesn't have to technically be a "rule" but according to the amount of televised games being played in a year every team can have at least ONE game. Then whoever the NFL considers "great teams" or a "great game to watch", they can also have those games played too... There's more than 30 primetime games a year which mean 2 teams play in every game... That makes it a minimum of 60 teams getting to play in those games meaning we can easily have every team in the NFL have not one but two televised games a year so asking for just one every year isn't that big a deal...

To be honest with you guys? I'm surprised you don't feel the way I do on this subject.

I'm even more surprised at the comment that dude made by saying our team is not ready for a big game... What fans we have... SMH

Jacksonville hosted 2 Prime time games & played in another, IMO the start to the season last year gives them one even if it's a measly Thursday nighter.

:thumbsup: That's what I'm saying...

Ummmmm maybe to ensure that fans that live all over the United States that can't afford to watch their favorite team on Sunday NFL ticket can have a chance to watch their team play a big game?

Go buy a beer at your local sports bar? I didn't spend a penny on Sunday ticket and got about 10 live, when I wasn't attending others. Even met fellow fans and transplants.

Monday night rolls around and I want the best teams, games with playoff implications whenever possible, and generally the sport played at it's highest level.... not a softball picked so an oddball Arizona fan living in Nebraska can watch a game on their couch for free.

Edited by NoSaint

Yes and no. No because the Bills went 6-10 last year, haven't made the playoffs in a dozen years, have maybe 4 players casual fans have ever heard of, and will be projected to be also-rans in their division next year. But yes because that resume entering 2012 is still way better than Cleveland or Jacksonville's resume entering 2011, and both of those teams were scheduled for (multiple) night games.

Personally, I much prefer afternoon games to night games. I usually watch at bars, and getting home past midnight on a worknight with 5-6 beers in me is not really a winning play.

Go buy a beer at your local sports bar? I didn't spend a penny on Sunday ticket and got about 10 live, when I wasn't attending others. Even met fellow fans and transplants.

Monday night rolls around and I want the best teams, games with playoff implications whenever possible, and generally the sport played at it's highest level.... not a softball picked so an oddball Arizona fan living in Nebraska can watch a game on their couch for free.

:bag:

So week 1 has playoff implicating teams? Or how about week 2 or 3 or 4,5,6,7,8? Teams are making the playoffs by week 8?

You telling me it wouldn't have been sweet to have the whole nation watch us defeat the Patriots instead of just Bills fans?

:bag:

So week 1 has playoff implicating teams? Or how about week 2 or 3 or 4,5,6,7,8? Teams are making the playoffs by week 8?

You telling me it wouldn't have been sweet to have the whole nation watch us defeat the Patriots instead of just Bills fans?

Yea but when you schedule it in April you don't bank on the bills beating the pats. You could say Dallas or the jets belonged too.... Wouldn't those have been sweet... You also can look at the bills roster and note, as many have, that the bills don't have household names or freak athletes yet... Like it or not, we haven't been relevant in a decade.

And yes, those games do. Your telling me a game like New Orleans vs greenbay week one wasn't likely to effect the playoffs?

Sure - some weeks the schedule makers blow it and put Jacksonville but if they kept garrard, plus the huge FA activity they had a good shot at that Baltimore game being relevant. Oops. You play the odds and odds are we let down.... And we did

Edited by NoSaint

If I were running the TV networks and spending all that money to televise a game, I certainly would not choose a bottom feeder team that has not made the playoffs for 12 years running (a new record I believe) and has been out of the playoffs by December the past 2 seasons with a combined record of 10 - 22. How am I getting nationwide ratings with a team like that? Heidi would draw a bigger audience.

Damn... I'm definitely disappointed... Definitely thought we'd see eye to eye on this one but I guess you guys don't get it...

If I was asking for 2 or 3 prime time games I understand. I showed you guys that all NFL teams can easily all have 2 televised games each a year. All I'm asking for is 1. Then if they feel we don't deserve a 2nd one then give our other game to the Green Bays of the world pr a Saint or a Patriot and so on and that way THEY'LL have not 2 but 3 prime time games.

So in that sense if I'm asking for too much? Then either I'm a hopeless fan and have a 2nd grader's math level, or just plain old retarded. By asking for 1 game a year I guess I'm a fool.

Damn... I'm definitely disappointed... Definitely thought we'd see eye to eye on this one but I guess you guys don't get it...

If I was asking for 2 or 3 prime time games I understand. I showed you guys that all NFL teams can easily all have 2 televised games each a year. All I'm asking for is 1. Then if they feel we don't deserve a 2nd one then give our other game to the Green Bays of the world pr a Saint or a Patriot and so on and that way THEY'LL have not 2 but 3 prime time games.

So in that sense if I'm asking for too much? Then either I'm a hopeless fan and have a 2nd grader's math level, or just plain old retarded. By asking for 1 game a year I guess I'm a fool.

We do get it, we understand that the NFl and television are businesses looking at maximizing Rating and Revenue. What is so hard to understand about this? The NFL doesn't care about the couple thousand fans that don't live in Buffalo being able to catch a primetime Bills game for free on tv. If you live out of the Bills home area, theres Sunday ticket or Sports bars to catch the game. The TV networks don't care about the NFL fans either. They care about RATINGS and MONEY. They gave the Bills primetime games when they were looked at as a team on the rise, same thing this year with Jax and the Browns. The schedule is done way before they have a chance to actually see if teams don't live up to expectations, and the networks want the best games of the week to showcase on prime time

The primetime games are used to showcase the leagues best and top talent. They want the games that should get the highest ratings for the week. Those games very rarely include Buffalo. Dallas at Buffalo doesn't happen often, and its a rematch of 2 SuperBowls, that might be a good matchup to get ratings