Poz had Surgury

judman

Certainly wish POZ the best.While not a very good LB(he is an average LB) he is a hardworker and a tough guy.Its not his fault he was grossly overpaid by Jax.Good for him.

Take the money and run.And get well soon.

Barnett was a huge upgrade and Barnett is perhaps slightly above average himself.

Poz kinda sucks. Jax gave him the 'great white hope' raise, same as if he was the last white guy on the Knicks.

Poz was a class player and gave 100% effort and played pretty well on DJ's pathetic defense. Why do people dump on him?

Per PFT

I called him "Mr. Glass" once and pissed some people off. One of my favorite criticisms was was "Pretty tough glass, I'd say." Well, he is having another pane repaired. I couldn't resist. :nana:

Poz was a class player and gave 100% effort and played pretty well on DJ's pathetic defense. Why do people dump on him?

Poz is a catholic who went to Penn State.

Isn't that a bit akin to being an english teacher in Cambodia?

Don't let your kids play over at his house, anyway.

Barnett was a huge upgrade and Barnett is perhaps slightly above average himself.

Poz kinda sucks. Jax gave him the 'great white hope' raise, same as if he was the last white guy on the Knicks.

Barnett is better than "slightly above average."

So he's not top-10 out of the 100 or so LB's in the NFL, and that makes him "slightly above average?" Okay chief.

as a starter in the NFL I find him to be a solid player but not a game changing superstar. He is indeed a little better than the avaerage starting LB in the NFL. He is 100x better than Poz. Who is below average.

as a starter in the NFL I find him to be a solid player but not a game changing superstar. He is indeed a little better than the avaerage starting LB in the NFL. He is 100x better than Poz. Who is below average.

This topic is obviously complete opinion, but personally I would certainly say Barnett is significantly above average. It's rare to find a LB with that kind of speed, plays instinctively, and can play coverage, stop the run, and play behind the line of scrimmage. Barnett is underrated IMO. There aren't many LB's with his speed, that alone makes him above average.

The only real negative I note from him is that some times he struggles to wrap up ball carriers when attacking full speed, leading to occasional missed tackles. The guy is a play maker though, certainly one of the best players on our defense.

Poz was the exact opposite. A sure tackler, but slow, couldn't cover, and made most of his tackles well down field. Struggles to attack the line of scrimmage effectively.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I will begin by stating that Barnett is probably better than Poz. But my god, the level of unthinking received wisdom around here is annoying. Posluszny actually had a terrific year this past season, and was a borderline pro bowler.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10478/paul-posluszny

He started all 16 games and had 119 total tackles, 2 INTs, 2 sacks, 5 stuffs, and 1 forced fumble. The stuff total, which was terrific, tied his career high. And he can't cover? Did any one watch the Jags' games? Granted, they're boring, but still. Poz had 9 passes defensed, which is a terrific number for a linebacker. It was his career high by a mile.

Barnett also had a terrific season ( http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4487/nick-barnett ), and it has become clear that the Packers made a huge mistake in not pursuing him (see the recent Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel piece about this).

The question is, given that the Bills were so far under the cap, why didn't they pony up and sign both? They could have done so with ease. They chose not to, and instead replaced one good player with another good player. Instead of having two good LBs, they had one, and the defense was terrible overall again.

For comparison's sake, look at Poz's production against Jerod Mayo's production ( http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11244/jerod-mayo ).

Edited by dave mcbride

This topic is obviously complete opinion, but personally I would certainly say Barnett is significantly above average. It's rare to find a LB with that kind of speed, plays instinctively, and can play coverage, stop the run, and play behind the line of scrimmage. Barnett is underrated IMO. There aren't many LB's with his speed, that alone makes him above average.

The only real negative I note from him is that some times he struggles to wrap up ball carriers when attacking full speed, leading to occasional missed tackles. The guy is a play maker though, certainly one of the best players on our defense.

Poz was the exact opposite. A sure tackler, but slow, couldn't cover, and made most of his tackles well down field. Struggles to attack the line of scrimmage effectively.

Players who are not on winning teams have a hard time making the pro bowl. If we won 9 or 10 games he may have been selected to the pro bowl this year with his numbers. "This year he was a very solid linebacker for the Bills."