Amazing Race 20

Just Jack

I meant that as in, how many times has a team been last, gotten the non-elimination, and the following leg with time to make up and a speed bump, they weren't eliminated.

Is it quite common? I can't imagine so.

Note - during research, I see some seasons they're listing the final two legs as seperate legs, and calling the 2nd to last leg non-elimination, but since only the final three teams are running those last two, I'm not including that in my analysis. If a team used the Fast Forward, I indicated that also.

Non-Elimination Penalty - none

Season 1 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 2 eliminated. (6th to 6th, 5th to 5th, 4th to 3rd)

Season 2 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 1 eliminated, (6th to 2nd, 5th to 2nd, 4th to 4th)

Season 3 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, none eliminated (5th to 1st(Fast Forward), 5th to 3rd)

Season 4 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, none eliminated (5th to 4th, 4th to 1st (Fast Forward))

Non-Elimination Penalty - give up all money, recieve no money next leg

Season 5 - 4 non-elim legs, 4 teams, none eliminated (7th to 6th, 5th to 4th, 5th to 3rd, 4th to 3rd)

Season 6 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 1 eliminated, (8th to 8th, 6th to 1st, 4th to 3rd)

Non-Elimination Penalty - give up all money and possessions, recieve no money next leg

Season 7 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, none eliminated (7th to 5th, 4th to 2nd)

Season 8 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, none eliminated (6th to 4th, 5th to 4th, 4th to 2nd)

Season 9 - 2 non-elim legs, 1 team, not eliminated (5th to 3rd, 4th to 1st (Fast Forward))

Non-Elimination Penalty - Marked For Elimination - Teams must finish 1st or recieve a 30 minute penalty

Season 10 - 3 non-elim legs, 2 teams, 2 eliminated (7th to 1st(Fast Forward), 6th to 6th, 4th to 4th)

Season 11 - 4 non-elim legs, 4 teams, 2 eliminated (7th to 3rd, 6th to 6th, 4th to 3rd, 4th to 4th)

Non-Elimination Penalty - Speed Bump

Season 12 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, 1 eliminated (5th to 5th, 4th to 2nd)

Season 13 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, none eliminated (6th to 4th, 4th to 2nd)

Season 14 - 2 non-elim legs, 2 teams, 2 eliminated (7th to 7th, 5th to 5th)

Season 15 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 1 eliminated (11th to 7th, 5th to 5th, 4th to 3rd)

Season 16 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 1 eliminated (8th to 7th, 6th to 1st, 4th to 4th)

Season 17 - 3 non-elim legs, 2 teams, 1 eliminated (9th to 4th, 7th to 3rd, 4th to 4th)

Season 18 - 1 non-elim leg, 1 teams, none eliminated (6th to 4th)

Season 19 - 3 non-elim legs, 3 teams, 1 eliminated (11th to 7th, 8th to 8th, 7th to 4th)

Season 20 (current season) - 3 non-elim legs, 2 teams, 1 eliminated (8th to 6th, 6th to 6th, 5th to ?)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eliminated after a non-elimination leg

(number of teams that were eliminated divided by number of non-elimination legs)

Season 1-4 = 30% eliminated

Season 5-6 = 14% eliminated

Season 7-9 = 0% eliminated

Season 10-11 = 57% eliminated

Season 12-20 = 38% eliminated (not including last weeks episode in the equation)

So Marked For Elimination, was actually more difficult than the Speed Bump (so far). Even if Mark & Bopper get eliminated this week, it only bumps up Speed Bump 2 percent.

But team strength is also a factor, Season 9 was Tyler & BJ, up for elimination twice, and both times were not eliminated (once with a Fast Forward).

Surprising for me was the lose money/get no money seasons (5-9), when combined, only 7% of the time were they eliminated. I would have thought that was the most difficult scenario to get through, having to take time to beg for money.

That, and the non-elimination leg is basically a one-week extension. They've gotta make up all that time --- what was it... 3-4 hours? --- and they have the speed bump. From first place to dead last, that's gotta hurt. I sympathize with Bopper on the motion sickness thing, but didn't they look into the pills or patches for that? Damn.

What's the record for teams coming back from the brink? Mark and Bopper did it this season, the Cowboys in the Second Chances season....

For all of Jamie and Nary's belly-aching, that was a challenge that clearly favored teams with a woman. It evens out in the end.

Gotta say that the Army guy and wife (I still don't have names down) are hitting their stride at the right time. From not being *s on the U-turn (and/or saving it if there's another) and then just killing challenges, I've gotta say that they're probably who I'm rooting for most next to Kentucky. They've sniped at each other earlier when things didn't go well, but that's in the heat of the moment and while it's not an advisable relationship strengthener or anything, it doesn't seem to last too long. But contrast their style with Mark and Bopper's --- that was heartening to see them work through it. I can't remember one time of them arguing or putting the other down like the other teams will shout at each other when it gets tough.

What's the deal if Mark's knee is really hurt? The medic said the brace was enough, but.... I would really hope that if they do get bounced next week, that CBS will kick them some funds to treat the daughter's illness. And for as much as the BP guys are denounced here, and how some have tried to cheapen everything they do by saying it was only because they thought Mark and Bopper were getting eliminated... they did donate their 1st place prize to that. Just because they're cocky, brusk, holding a grudge on people who lie/don't keep their word on strategy, whatever, it doesn't mean they don't have hearts.

If they didnt have hearts they would be on that zombie show. I hate cocky people who hold grudges!!!!!! I freaking hate people like that.

I didnt know you liked showoff annoying ugly wannabe-perfect @holes!!!

I want Blooper and Pooper to win. But they will not.

I'm the only one in the world cheering for Brendal. I get a kick out of Rachel. Anyway, I like Kentucky like everyone else but I think they are physically done. CBS should have let them get eliminated. None of the other teams do anything for me.

I'm the only one in the world cheering for Brendal. I get a kick out of Rachel. Anyway, I like Kentucky like everyone else but I think they are physically done. CBS should have let them get eliminated. None of the other teams do anything for me.

I like the team -- it's weird how Rachel completely melts down and then becomes a superhero and demolishes the competition after that. If only she could do that without melting down first... ;)

That sucked, I was sure the douches were gone. :censored::thumbdown:

Congrats to the Hillbillies though, great race, they will be back with the snowboarders next All-Star AR! :thumbsup:

I was saying it from the moment of seeing "Pack in a Box" that they picked the WRONG DAMN ONE. Their little bit at the end of mimicking Dave and Rachel (Army and wife) was really petty. I'm sure everyone does it and it simply depends on the edit a team gets. I suppose it was just a few seconds of entertainment while they suspected they were falling way, way behind, but still. And while it was fairly accurate of earlier legs, that team has been absolutely killing this Race for the last several episodes.

If Rachel had simply cut her hair, they would have had a few-hour lead. Wow. Just wow. And I don't get how Green woman can be all pissed at Vanessa for certain comments when they've been true. That said, the acrimony there... I can't say I understand why it happens b/w two women, but I understand it happens. Even the Indian guy at the pit stop was rolling his eyes and saying "Oy!" and I was like, 'Phil, you need to step in here.' Maybe now the air has cleared a little....

But contrast their style with Mark and Bopper's --- that was heartening to see them work through it. I can't remember one time of them arguing or putting the other down like the other teams will shout at each other when it gets tough.

What's the deal if Mark's knee is really hurt? The medic said the brace was enough, but.... I would really hope that if they do get bounced next week, that CBS will kick them some funds to treat the daughter's illness. And for as much as the BP guys are denounced here, and how some have tried to cheapen everything they do by saying it was only because they thought Mark and Bopper were getting eliminated... they did donate their 1st place prize to that. Just because they're cocky, brusk, holding a grudge on people who lie/don't keep their word on strategy, whatever, it doesn't mean they don't have hearts.

To add to my note from last week, I hope CBS does something. And it makes sense to announce something next week at the finale event. It would be really stevestojanny for us all to hear that Mark's daughter is sick and he was playing for her treatment then it gets dropped. Even on that CBS Undercover CEO show, they shell out for that. It's only good PR for the show --- that all of these people except one pair will go away empty-handed, but they made the show how much $ by being a part of it? --- but in a case like this, you do the right thing. I'd say that's a big reason why I watch the show; it's almost all about this being a positive experience, about teamwork and faith and not ever quitting. I will be very disappointed if they do nothing there for Mark's daughter and perhaps share some of her story and where viewers can donate.

Yeah, Kentucky has gotta be a fan favorite and it would be nice to see them get a second chance --- one where Bopper learns beforehand about motion sickness treatments and/or has his ears checked.

That sucked, I was sure the douches were gone. :censored::thumbdown:

Congrats to the Hillbillies though, great race, they will be back with the snowboarders next All-Star AR! :thumbsup:

I know they edited it to make it look closer, but I wonder how far behind they were at the end. Was it minutes, or hours?

Man, what a bummer...they were just soooo far behind that even skipping everything except the mandatory speed bump killed them. That being said, I stand by what I said earlier in the thread - I'm more proud of this team than any other team that has ever been on this race. These two are everything that is right about this country. Sounds silly to say that, but I mean every word of it. They ran a great race and I agree that it would be disappointing if some sort of gift was made for daughters medical expenses.

Sad to see Mark & Bopper go. They gave it their all, but were just too far beind.

Big Baby is so damn lucky, they should have been eliminated. They would have had a huge lead going into the finale if they had completed the fast forward. They deserve to lose. I am sick of this team.

Sad to see Mark & Bopper go. They gave it their all, but were just too far beind.

Big Baby is so damn lucky, they should have been eliminated. They would have had a huge lead going into the finale if they had completed the fast forward. They deserve to lose. I am sick of this team.

c'mon man, that's a bit harsh...it's easy for you to say all that cause you're not the one with $500 extensions!! :devil:

c'mon man, that's a bit harsh...it's easy for you to say all that cause you're not the one with $500 extensions!! :devil:

"I need my hair to be pretty!!!"

:rolleyes:

No, Rachel, you're ugly either way --- inside (you know... beyond perishable looks) and outside. Spoiled to the core.

"I need my hair to be pretty!!!"

:rolleyes:

No, Rachel, you're ugly either way --- inside (you know... beyond perishable looks) and outside. Spoiled to the core.

lol...it's funny cause when I was watching that scene, I asked myself about some of my closer female friends...I'm pretty sure that all of the girls I was thinking about would shave their head in a heartbeat.

lol...it's funny cause when I was watching that scene, I asked myself about some of my closer female friends...I'm pretty sure that all of the girls I was thinking about would shave their head in a heartbeat.

Really? I'd think most wouldn't.

Rachel is insecure -- but put yourself in her shoes. Vanessa's been cruel to her the entire race -- what would she have said seeing Rachel without any hair? She would've been brutal.

That, and I fully expect an equalizer early on, so any lead they would've received from the FF would've been minimal I think.

Rachel is insecure -- but put yourself in her shoes. Vanessa's been cruel to her the entire race -- what would she have said seeing Rachel without any hair? She would've been brutal.

That, and I fully expect an equalizer early on, so any lead they would've received from the FF would've been minimal I think.

I've always been a believer in the fact that you can completely take away someones power to get under your skin by either 1) not reacting, or 2) taking a self-deprecating stance and having fun with it. I was watching the show with a good (lady) friend of mine, and she stated she would buzz her head in an instant if she were on the race. That's what got me thinking about my other closest female friends...I'm PRETTY sure Lana would do it...most of the women I work with would do it...so yeah, I honestly think that most of my closest female friends would go for the buzz.

But yeah, there's no way in hell I'd ever expect Rachel to do it lol. Brendan knew there was no way that was going to happen based on his reaction...as soon as they read the clue and saw the clippers, he was like, "okay, let's go" :lol:

I pretty much agreed with the border patrol about the FF...to give Kentucky an outside shot at doing the FF was just stupid. They were so far back that there was really no possible way they'd even have a chance. The other teams were guaranteed to move on...UNLESS kentucky got a shot at the FF. That's why if I were to ever run this race, I'd want to make sure I had a partner who would be willing to do almost anything.

They were so far back that there was really no possible way they'd even have a chance. The other teams were guaranteed to move on...UNLESS kentucky got a shot at the FF. That's why if I were to ever run this race, I'd want to make sure I had a partner who would be willing to do almost anything.

I can't find an exact, or even close, estimate of how far back they were, but there is this qoute from Bopper...

How close were you to Art and JJ?

Bopper: I don't know, but looking at the shadow on the mat, we'd come in pretty late after them. We were three hours behind from the beginning. We did our best, but I think we were beat before we left that morning. [Laughs]

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/article/Amazing-Race-s-Bopper-and-Mark-Our-Friendship-Is-3522257.php

Oh, and same article, Mark lost his job after returning from the race even though he was told it would still be there for him.

I'm so glad army wife will tell (told really) hitler to shut the f up. I wonder what that punk did to make her go over the edge. She deserves so much better. He's #1 on my hate list.

Bald women (unless its cancer related) is the biggest turn off on a woman imo. I would probably say, "F that, lets go. Plus bopper and popper are still behind." If my woman insisted on doing it, then I would be ok with it.

Border patrol. They got what they deserved. It was lovely.

Rachel is attractive to me for some weird reason. Her husband/boyfriend has been cool the entire show. I dont mind this couple at all. I dont want them to win just because they have already won on other shows. I did mind the over the top emotions at first. Now its just funny and interesting. Needless to say, her crying doesnt bother me anymore.

Vanessa. She speaks her mind. Dont mind that at all. Her husband/boyfriend has been cool the entire show. I would want this team to win.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I don't think most would either, especially when millions of people will see it.

http://www.seattlepi...-Is-3522257.php

Oh, and same article, Mark lost his job after returning from the race even though he was told it would still be there for him.

That sucks, hope he lands on his feet.

no way...that's not cool. I hope fans of the show call/email his boss and give him some hell...not cool at all.