SEALs

You have to admire Obama for saying "go ahead" with such conviction and without a teleprompter at that.

If the mission had failed and either or both hostages been killed, you'd be jumping all over his **** for it.

So give it a rest. Either way, success or failure, he's not at the pointy end of the spear.

You have to admire Obama for saying "go ahead" with such conviction and without a teleprompter at that.

There are other citizens still over in that region being held by those factions. There may be reprisals. That is WEIGHTY decision that takes steel ones.

I don't give a !@#$ who you are, the level of responsibility that that in entails is momentous.

You're efforts to mitigate it suggests a personal dislike, rather than a principled disagreement, with the man.

And people here have long memories. ;)

You're efforts to mitigate it suggests a personal dislike, rather than a principled disagreement, with the man.

3rdnlng, I rest my case. If you bust the president's chops every single chance you get, you are called out for exactly that, and it does nothing to address the real challenges he brings with his presidency. If you can avoid the low-hanging fruit like juror#8, you remove one of the last narratives they've got.

If the mission had failed and either or both hostages been killed, you'd be jumping all over his **** for it.

So give it a rest. Either way, success or failure, he's not at the pointy end of the spear.

You are right, he isn't at the pointy end of the spear. If the mission was a failure I would not jump all over him for it. The only way I would jump all over any president for a failure in a mission like this is if he put restrictions on the ones that are on the pointy end of the spear. Restrictions that harmed the mission, that is.

3rdnlng, I rest my case. If you bust the president's chops every single chance you get, you are called out for exactly that, and it does nothing to address the real challenges he brings with his presidency. If you can avoid the low-hanging fruit like juror#8, you remove one of the last narratives they've got.

Exactly...cause post #12 wasn't a four sentence post.

There are other citizens still over in that region being held by those factions. There may be reprisals. That is WEIGHTY decision that takes steel ones.

I don't give a !@#$ who you are, the level of responsibility that that in entails is momentous.

Only because Americans are idiots who can't accept that bad things happen and people die.

Horseshit! All I was doing was pointing out that he didn't have a lot to do with it. It would have been the same with Bush. It's his job to make these knid of decisions based on input from the spearchuckers.

Horseshit! All I was doing was pointing out that he didn't have a lot to do with it. It would have been the same with Bush. It's his job to make these knid of decisions based on input from the spearchuckers.

He had a lot to do with it because he is the president ipso facto.

Logistically, operationally, and the fact that he says "go ahead," in view of the tremendous amount of variables that are at play.

At the end of the day, the military are the heros in this situation. Obama is behind a desk and they are in the field.

You said it best..."it's his job to make those kind of decisions." You're right. It is his job. And in this instance, he did that job well.

That's all I mentioned.

He had a lot to do with it because he is the president ipso facto.

Logistically, operationally, and the fact that he says "go ahead," in view of the tremendous amount of variables that are at play.

At the end of the day, the military are the heros in this situation. Obama is behind a desk and they are in the field.

You said it best..."it's his job to make those kind of decisions." You're right. It is his job. And in this instance, he did that job well.

That's all I mentioned.

Yes, he did his job and did it well. I doubt that there could have been too many other decisions that made sense. I'm sure the military told him what they wanted to do and it was at least fairly obvious what to decide.