"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I a

"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.” ― Bill Watterson

Thanks B-Man, you unintentionally hit the nail right on the head.

This is true......................I usually hit my thumb.

Isn't all reality based on Point of View, Perception and Preconceived Biases....

for example, from so many people all I hear about it doom and gloom about the country, but quite frankly it has been nothing but good for me personally. It is all about perspective, is it not?

- I have picked up a bunch of equities that were down in value and have bounced back and do quite well.

- I have one of my rentals all most paid in full

- I make more money than I have ever made at any point in my life

- my home will be paid for next year

- hopefully in 2014 I can resign from my job I keep for insurance, and further develop my hobby that has become some steady income... and I can do it because I have all my stuff paid for and decent income from rental cash flow.

I just don't see the doom an gloom, but everybody cries about that reality being so bad. This post is not intended to be boastful by any means, I live a very small fincally tight existence- frankly, people don't understand how my wife and I live like that...

just my 2 cents- I am sure it is bad for some people, but that is just life... I do find it humorous whine so much about ho the government makes achievement in America impossible... I tend think bad choices, poor habits and stupidity with money does sends up barriers just fine.

I reject your reality and subsitute my own

-Mythbusters dude (don't know the name, the only Mythbusters name I know is Kari Byron because the only one worth remembering :wub:)

Required photo:

http://http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XxI1hBl8el0/TT9JwWqGDgI/AAAAAAAACxg/danXGg2E1xM/s1600/3213873908_012dfc1ca9.jpg

Edited by meazza

Isn't all reality based on Point of View, Perception and Preconceived Biases....

for example, from so many people all I hear about it doom and gloom about the country, but quite frankly it has been nothing but good for me personally. It is all about perspective, is it not?

- I have picked up a bunch of equities that were down in value and have bounced back and do quite well.

- I have one of my rentals all most paid in full

- I make more money than I have ever made at any point in my life

- my home will be paid for next year

- hopefully in 2014 I can resign from my job I keep for insurance, and further develop my hobby that has become some steady income... and I can do it because I have all my stuff paid for and decent income from rental cash flow.

I just don't see the doom an gloom, but everybody cries about that reality being so bad. This post is not intended to be boastful by any means, I live a very small fincally tight existence- frankly, people don't understand how my wife and I live like that...

just my 2 cents- I am sure it is bad for some people, but that is just life... I do find it humorous whine so much about ho the government makes achievement in America impossible... I tend think bad choices, poor habits and stupidity with money does sends up barriers just fine.

"I hate to say this," said my attorney as we sat down at the Merry-Go-Round on the second balcony, "but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

"Nonsense," I said. "We came here to find the American Dream, and now that we're right in the vortex you want to quit."

I grabbed his shoulder and squeezed. "You must realize," I said, "that we've found the main nerve."

"I know," he said. "That's what gives me the Fear."